AuthorMessage
JenBen
Part of the furniture
JenBen

Female
Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2012-08-01

New and a bit scared Empty
PostSubject: Re: New and a bit scared   New and a bit scared EmptySun 09 Sep 2012, 3:49 pm

Hi Contessagirl.

I also don't know anyone personally who has been sleeved either but I keep finding people that have a relative or friend who has. I noticed where you hail from, I'm next door'ish in Roley. I am starting to think that there are sleevers lurking everwhere ... lol.

Well wishes for this week and rest assured, you will be fine.
Back to top Go down
contessagirl

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-09-09

PostSubject: Re: New and a bit scared   New and a bit scared EmptySun 09 Sep 2012, 2:35 pm

Thank you for all the positive replys, Im starting to feel a little less scared:-) I dont know anyone thats had it done so I guess its normal
Back to top Go down
Garfield99
Part of the furniture
Garfield99

Female
Number of posts : 416
Registration date : 2012-02-15

PostSubject: Re: New and a bit scared   New and a bit scared EmptySun 09 Sep 2012, 11:24 am

Contessagirl, you are in good hands with Dr Tan. He is the one that picked up my kink with the sleeve when I was admitted to ED (he wasn't my original surgeon) and is doing the sleeve to bypass the day before your surgery. He is very experienced and gets called in to deal with complications with bariatric patients at different hospitals and he is very well respected.

I wish I had gone with him originally as his attention to detail and his team working under him are fantastic.

Unfortunately I will be at a different hospital or I would arrange a catch up. But keep me updated on how you go :-)

He said I have to stay in hospital for 5-10 days. Are you the same? Not sure if because of the nature of my surgery or because of the complications I have had.
Back to top Go down
mj78
mj78

Female
Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2012-03-01

PostSubject: Re: New and a bit scared   New and a bit scared EmptySun 09 Sep 2012, 10:43 am

Hey contessa girl, it's natural to be apprehensive about the surgery and my husband started to cry as they wheeled me in which started me off! It's always harder to be in the waiting room than in theatres! You will most likely have a PCA (patient controlled analgesia) which means you push the button when you have pain or need to get up/move/have a shower or go to toilet (to prevent pain). Magic! I was worried when they took mine off me but panadol was enough to keep the pain under control, I will admit that swallowing them was a new challenge as they were very big for my new swollen stomach!

You will be fine, expect that you won't be feeling wonderful for the first 3-4 days post op and your reality will be easier to manage.

Good luck, you won't regret it!

MJ
Back to top Go down
contessagirl

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-09-09

PostSubject: New and a bit scared   New and a bit scared EmptySun 09 Sep 2012, 9:50 am

Hi, Im booked for surgery Friday 14th September.Going to St Johns Subiaco .Dr Jeremy Tan is doing my surgery.Im part of the cicle of care.My husband has just flown to NT for work arrives back around 1PM while Im under the knife,he is really scared and he has freaked me out a bit :-)To late to turn back out now. I guess Im scared of pain a bit of a woss.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New and a bit scared   New and a bit scared Empty

Back to top Go down

New and a bit scared
Page 1 of 1