Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pain under one of my scars - 7mths post op.....

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
snowbunny
Part of the furniture
snowbunny

Female
Number of posts : 432
Registration date : 2011-06-14

Pain under one of my scars - 7mths post op..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pain under one of my scars - 7mths post op.....   Pain under one of my scars - 7mths post op..... EmptyTue 28 Aug 2012, 5:49 am

Unlikely to be a leak if the pain is around the incision near your belly button. If it is that painful, see if you can get an after hours GP appointment. I have found my local ER department to be fantastic with gastric pain after surgery. Even though they could not find anything wrong, I skipped a huge queue to be seen before many others who were there before me. If you have a temperature it may be an infection. It could also be something quite simple, but get checked out.

Stace
Back to top Go down
margd
Top Poster
Top Poster
margd

Female
Number of posts : 2628
Registration date : 2011-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Pain under one of my scars - 7mths post op.....   Pain under one of my scars - 7mths post op..... EmptyTue 28 Aug 2012, 5:34 am

Hope you have gone and seen someone regarding that pain,it might be something simple.
Back to top Go down
Cherryseven
Part of the furniture
Cherryseven

Female
Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2012-05-21

PostSubject: Re: Pain under one of my scars - 7mths post op.....   Pain under one of my scars - 7mths post op..... EmptyMon 27 Aug 2012, 1:08 pm

If you are concerned it may be worth a trip to the ER just to be safe, let us know how you go.
Are you having regular bowel motions?
Back to top Go down
loulou22
loulou22

Female
Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2011-07-02

PostSubject: Pain under one of my scars - 7mths post op.....   Pain under one of my scars - 7mths post op..... EmptyMon 27 Aug 2012, 10:59 am

Hi Sleevers,

Im had my sleeve done in January - had no complications and hit my goal weight about 3 weeks ago. Love the sleever but.....

for the past 3 days I have had mega pain under one of my scars.Its the left hand side one,closest to my belly button and it is so sore. I havent been able to eat or drink anything since Sunday morning and had toleave work today as the band on my clothes and undies was hurting coz my tummy is so sensitive.

I tried to ring my Dr but couldnt get an appt. Do you think its sleeve related or maybe something going around.

It would be mega rare for a leak at 7mths post op???
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pain under one of my scars - 7mths post op.....   Pain under one of my scars - 7mths post op..... Empty

Back to top Go down

Pain under one of my scars - 7mths post op.....
Page 1 of 1