5 posters
AuthorMessage
BigDaddy
BigDaddy

Male
Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2015-06-03

Post-Op Pain in the Gut? Empty
PostSubject: Pain in da gut... continued   Post-Op Pain in the Gut? EmptyMon 06 Jul 2015, 2:04 am

Greetings all,

Spoke with my doctors today and all is well... still in paint but it was confirmed to be "normal" and should subside in two or three week’s time.

Been a bit nauseous lately but it was suggested to half my intake of beef broth and V-8 vegetable juice as they may be a bit too acidic. Had non-fat Chobani yoghurt today (not thinned) and it was gorgeous! It also helped considerably with the nausea.

Thanks again for all of the support and advice, truly appreciate all of your efforts!

All is good with the world once more.

Sincerely,

~ Big Daddy
Back to top Go down
Nini
Part of the furniture
Nini

Female
Number of posts : 952
Registration date : 2013-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Post-Op Pain in the Gut?   Post-Op Pain in the Gut? EmptyMon 06 Jul 2015, 12:27 am

Hi Big Daddy,

If you get the pain checked out by a Dr and it turns out to be the anchor stitch causing the pain try an abdominal binder. A lot of people who have abdo surgery get a lot of relief because it supports the abdomen and stops the pulling when you move around. They are made from stiff material and velco at the front so you can pull them as firm or as loose as you need. Some chemists sell them or you can get them from various places online.

http://store.independenceaustralia.com/wound-care/compression-aids/abdominal-binder-large-12-inch-wide-115-155cm.html

cheers Nini
Back to top Go down
Bumbles
Part of the furniture
Bumbles

Female
Number of posts : 794
Registration date : 2013-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Post-Op Pain in the Gut?   Post-Op Pain in the Gut? EmptySun 05 Jul 2015, 11:30 pm

Hey Big Daddy,

I had unbearable pain for about 3 weeks after surgery, mine was the stitch used to prevent a hernia through the main incision site. It bought me to tears many a time, simple things like walking, getting up and down from the loo or even trying to stand straight or lift my legs into bed were torture. It did disappear completely once the stitch dissolved. 

Worth getting it checked out though, I did :)
Back to top Go down
BigDaddy
BigDaddy

Male

PostSubject: Post Op Pains....   Post-Op Pain in the Gut? EmptySun 05 Jul 2015, 11:32 am

Happy 4th of July to all my American kinfolk out there!

It's now 5 days post op. Fever is gone! Average temp is 37.5.

The nausea is up a bit but got so more “anti-nausea magical under the tongue beauties” so all is OK in the world again.

My abdominal pain is still quite considerable but seems to bet getting better. I almost can stand up-right and for longer durations. However, coughing still has me bent over writhing in pain! Most everyone that I have spoken with stated that “everyone is different but there are some similarities with surgery and lower abdominal pain”. They all had very similar abdominal pain associated with their: A) open heart surgery, B) kidney surgery, C) gallbladder removal surgery and D) bypass surgery so that made me feel a bit better.

I will definitely still be having a chat with my doctor(s) tomorrow just to be on the safe side.

More to come....

~ Big Daddy
Back to top Go down
aussiearies
Part of the furniture
aussiearies

Female
Number of posts : 894
Registration date : 2014-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Post-Op Pain in the Gut?   Post-Op Pain in the Gut? EmptySat 04 Jul 2015, 12:57 pm

BigDaddy if it is intense you might want to get it checked out.

Given it is so close to the surgery it is certainly worth being safe and if you can get yourself to a doctor I would. If not it could be worth rocking up to your local emergency department if you can, just to be sure it is nothing major.

I had that type of pain two weeks after surgery and it turned out to be diverticulitis, which is an infection but I had no fever, just the pain.
Back to top Go down
Joybells
Part of the furniture
Joybells

Female
Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2015-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Post-Op Pain in the Gut?   Post-Op Pain in the Gut? EmptySat 04 Jul 2015, 12:18 pm

Welcome to the forum,
I really can't help you as I had no pain what so ever. I breezed through apart from one night of nausea and sleeve spasms.
You are a June sleever so I'm inviting you to come introduce yourself under the monthly page and come into June 2015. We have a great supportive group there and some at your stage.
Some of the juners had a rougher time than me so you may get some incite over there.
The best thing if in doubt pass it by your surgeon which you have done. All the best for your journey
Back to top Go down
BigDaddy
BigDaddy

Male

PostSubject: Post-Op Pain in the Gut?   Post-Op Pain in the Gut? EmptySat 04 Jul 2015, 9:42 am

Greetings all,

So, here I am… Saturday afternoon and four days post-op; the surgery was an absolute success with little or no real complications.
Post-Op Pain in the Gut? 63412
Well, one complication for me… THE PAIN! I don’t want to scare anyone here and would do it again if I had to but wow… the pain for two days was pretty intense. Apparently, I fall into that 1% who feel the pain associated with excess gas and/or minor lacerations very intensely. However, once I passed some gas and urinated (approximately 18 hours after the procedure), I felt much better.
Post-Op Pain in the Gut? 878453
That is, with the exception of still having lower abdominal pain. It is located on my left side which is almost unbearable when I have to cough. SOOOO, I don’t cough if I don’t have to!
Post-Op Pain in the Gut? 697586
I was wondering if anyone experienced this and what was their end result? My “Googling Skills” indicate that this is either a stitch used as a preventive measure against hernias or a cut muscle and/or nerve and will dissipate with time – approximately 3 weeks. One other article indicated that if this pain was coupled with a fever, it may be an infection caused by stomach leakage and/or internal bleeding which of course, scared the Be-Jesus out of me. I thought it was worth a call and email to my GP and surgeon’s office which I will hear back from on Monday morning.

More to come…….

~ Big Daddy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Post-Op Pain in the Gut?   Post-Op Pain in the Gut? Empty

Back to top Go down

Post-Op Pain in the Gut?
Page 1 of 1