5 posters
AuthorMessage
lililei87

Female
Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2012-06-06

PROTEIN Empty
PostSubject: Re: PROTEIN   PROTEIN EmptyWed 22 Aug 2012, 1:49 pm

This info's been really helpful as I was just searching for protein powder suggestions as I want to make it a permanent staple in my diet after surgery. Nature's way, I've heard great things about because the plain one is flavourless and can be mixed with anything and Horley's one sounds like good value for money.

My two cents to add would be that whey protein is of higher quality than soy protein, so unless you're a vegan or have allergies etc then go with whey protein. I've heard Isowhey is fantastic too, because it contains probiotics and GI fibre.

Back to top Go down
perthsleeve

Female
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2012-07-17

PROTEIN Empty
PostSubject: Protein    PROTEIN EmptyWed 22 Aug 2012, 3:30 am

Thanks so much for the suggestions. I will try some and let you guys know how it's going. PROTEIN 120705
Back to top Go down
bella12
bella12

Female
Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2012-04-17

PROTEIN Empty
PostSubject: Re: PROTEIN   PROTEIN EmptyWed 22 Aug 2012, 1:02 am

Hi,

I have been having the Aussie Bodies Protein Revival drinks they have 30g of protein in the 375ml...easy to drink and taste quite good.

In regards to vitamins i am almost 3 months out and still have trouble swallowing big tablets i spoke to my dietician and she suggested the Kids chewable vitamins have been taking these and they r quite tasty, also take a tablet for hair loss called Hair Food only 1 a day and easy to swallow.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Anna
Back to top Go down
Ishtar
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 280
Registration date : 2012-05-02

PROTEIN Empty
PostSubject: Re: PROTEIN   PROTEIN EmptyWed 22 Aug 2012, 12:29 am

Hi Perthsleeve

I just wanted to share with you my favorite protein powders. Mainly because of the amount of protein and they tastes good.

I bought both from Nutritian Wharehouse online. The first one is called International Protein Amino Charged WPI Strawberry flavor.
Also comes in vanilla, chocolate, banana, cookies and cream, Turkish delight.
I bought a 3kg tub for $140. Pretty sure I got free postage and it arrived really quickly.

Per serve

Protein 35.3g
Energy. 152cals
Fat. 0.3g
Carbs. 1.4g
Sugars. 0.5g

The other one I bought and like is Horleys Ice Whey 100% Isolate. I bought the Swiss Chocolate flavour but this also comes in a number of flavours. This one cost me $154 for 3kg and it's very yummy.

Per serve

Protein 32.1g
Energy 137 cal
Fat 0.4g
Carbs 0.8g
Sugars 0.2g

Anyway. Hope this helps someone and would love to hear back from anyone who tries other flavours or finds good proteins. It's such a pain we can't get samples for these products.

As for vitamins I'm not a fan of the chewable ones I'm taking at the moment but I'm patiently waiting for Bariatric Advantage to open in Australia which they have assured me they will soon. They are already open in NZ so maybe some of our kiwi friends could let us know it they have tried any of their products.
Back to top Go down
JPC
Part of the furniture
JPC

Female
Number of posts : 330
Registration date : 2012-05-13

PROTEIN Empty
PostSubject: Re: PROTEIN   PROTEIN EmptyTue 21 Aug 2012, 11:46 pm

Hi Perthsleeve,

Sorry to hear of your struggles. My surgeon recommended I use Nature's Way Instant Natural Protein which is a powder that con be disolved in hot or cold liquids It comes i Chocolate, Vanilla and plain and what I've been doing is making a milo then adding protein powder, or making a smoothie and adding protein powder. I have been advised that I need more that 60 g of protein per day, as that is just for the stomach healing so obtaining 60 - 100 is the best.

The vitamins recommended by my surgeon are put out by Band Buddies are they were developed specifically for people with bands / sleeves as our nutritional requirements are so much higher than those of the general population. Band Buddies stuff is difficultt o locate in stores but easy to access on line.

Good luck, Janet
Back to top Go down

PROTEIN Empty
PostSubject: Re: PROTEIN   PROTEIN EmptyTue 21 Aug 2012, 10:01 am

Hey Perthsleeve,

Sorry to hear you are not feeling too crash hot :( I am yet to be sleeved, but in the past I have taken Centrum multivitamin (can get from Woolies etc) as I had been feeling a bit sluggish. Turned out I had severely low iron and the doctor made me take Ferro Grad-C (you can get it over the counter at the chemist I think). Maybe you could also be low in iron?

As for the protein, I am not totally sure and those who have already been sleeved can probably give you more of an idea on what is good, but I have been told by my surgeon to use Sustagen and/or Optifast as my high protein drink in the early postop days. I have seen Isowhey in the shops too, not sure if that is any good though.

I hope this helps you, and I hope you start feeling better soon!

Kayla
Back to top Go down
perthsleeve

Female
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2012-07-17

PROTEIN Empty
PostSubject: PROTEIN   PROTEIN EmptyTue 21 Aug 2012, 9:53 am

hi everyone,

please can you guys help me with protein suggestions and a good multivitamin, i am so tired and finding it hard to cope at work as my job is standing serving behind a counter for 5 hours and i really am weak and need good protein drinks or whatever you guys have found has helped with the weak feeling and tiredness etc. thanks so much,much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PROTEIN Empty
PostSubject: Re: PROTEIN   PROTEIN Empty

Back to top Go down

PROTEIN
Page 1 of 1