5 posters
AuthorMessage
NormalNow
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2011-12-16

I've made it (nearly) Empty
PostSubject: Re: I've made it (nearly)   I've made it (nearly) EmptyThu 02 Aug 2012, 8:35 pm

Welcome Kathy

I am also vertically challenged at 161cm and started my journey with a bmi of 45. I could also relate to the feeling of trying every diet, I too had good success on Jenny Craig, until i stopped and the weight just returned.

Anyway, finally your wait is almost over, what an exciting time ahead for you. I hope it all goes well and you start seeing the weight disappear.
Back to top Go down
Kateh (Bluedog)
Part of the furniture
Kateh (Bluedog)

Female
Number of posts : 1159
Registration date : 2011-10-04

PostSubject: Re: I've made it (nearly)   I've made it (nearly) EmptyWed 01 Aug 2012, 9:46 am

Well done on being so patient kathy it will all be so worth it. I know what you mean about a high bmi because you are vertically challenged, I'm the other way if I had inherited my mums 5'2 & not my dads 6 + foot I would have had a bmi of somewhere in the 50 :(
Can't wait to continue reading about your journey.
K
Back to top Go down
Strawberrychick
Top Poster
Top Poster
Strawberrychick

Female
Number of posts : 1211
Registration date : 2012-02-16

PostSubject: Re: I've made it (nearly)   I've made it (nearly) EmptyWed 01 Aug 2012, 9:45 am

Best of luck Kathy! I bet that felt like a long 12 months but there's no time at all left now!
Back to top Go down
Eringirl
Part of the furniture
Eringirl

Female
Number of posts : 633
Registration date : 2011-06-05

PostSubject: Re: I've made it (nearly)   I've made it (nearly) EmptyWed 01 Aug 2012, 9:35 am

hi Kathy

welcome and hope all goes well for your upcoming surgery date.

be kind to yourself

Erin
Back to top Go down
Kathy68
Kathy68

Female
Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: I've made it (nearly)   I've made it (nearly) EmptyWed 01 Aug 2012, 5:21 am

Hi Everyone

Nearly 12 months ago I posted about my disappointment in finding out that the level of health insurance I had (Basic hospital) would be insufficient for my sleeve operation. Now, 12 months later, the anniversary of my Top Level hospital cover nears, my operation date is set (5 September) and my nerves are performing at a similar level to the athletes currently in London.

My story - I'm 44 years old - very happily married - two adult (21 & 17) children - two grandchildren (2yrs & 4 weeks) - work full time - vertically challenged - BMI of 43. I live a very full and active life (as much as my energy and stature allows). I love playing softball but haven't done so in many years as its just too hard carrying all that weight around the bases.

I got told the other day that the only reason I have a BMI of 43 is because I am short - if I was taller then it would be better. Okay, well - what can I say to that. I think she was trying to be nice when she said that. Lucky I have a good sense of humour.....

So, I'm seeing Dr Mosse here in Canberra. All going to plan I'm to be sleeved on the 5th of September at Calvary. Woohoo. I think I've got my mind in the right place with regard to my journey before and after and I am well aware that this is just a tool - the rest is up to me and me only. I must take personal responsibility.

Ten years ago I weighed 68 kilos and was about a size 14. I played softball and soccer and was a single mum to two. I then started a new relationship, gave up smoking, and was diagnosed with a thyroid disease - and on piled the kilos - 30 of them. I guess it was not one single event, but all three that contributed to the weight gain. Like many on here, I tried many different ways of losing it but just couldn't. The best effort was Jenny Craig where I lost about 12 kilos - but just put it all back on when I gave up their food. I have been fortunate in that when I have regained lost weight, I've only regained what I lost and no more.

I go back to see Dr Mosse on Monday so am hoping everything is on target for the 5th. I've had the blood and other tests etc. So I think I'm all ready. Not looking forward to Optislim though - it sounds terrible.

That's pretty much it in a nutshell. Fingers crossed. And I'll head over to the September monthly and put my post in there too.

Any more Canberrans out there who are going in in September?

Cheers

Kathy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I've made it (nearly)   I've made it (nearly) Empty

Back to top Go down

I've made it (nearly)
Page 1 of 1