Lizzy
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Lizzy

Female
Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2012-02-11

Checking I'm covered Empty
PostSubject: Checking I'm covered   Checking I'm covered EmptySun 20 May 2012, 12:37 pm

I'm sure that Iam covered for my surgery but feeling a little concerned. What are the numbers I have to quote for a sleeve to my private health I'm with Mbf. I have 14 weeks till my surgery and I'm have g a frak out that I'm not going to be covered I have basic hospital and silver extras. I'm new to private health sorry get a little confused with all any advice would be lovely.
Back to top Go down
Bex
Part of the furniture
Bex

Female
Number of posts : 449
Registration date : 2012-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Checking I'm covered   Checking I'm covered EmptySun 20 May 2012, 1:07 pm

I was too Lizzy I rang Bupa on Friday I had to ring and get them to help me fill out the hospital forms as I had changed providers half way through, the number to quote is 30511 anyway Im only on basic hospital and level 2 for extras or something anyway they said Im covered but Im still worried that I'll go to leave the hospital and they hand me a $15,000 Bill LOL :)
Back to top Go down
snowbunny
Part of the furniture
snowbunny

Female
Number of posts : 432
Registration date : 2011-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Checking I'm covered   Checking I'm covered EmptySun 20 May 2012, 1:31 pm

I was charged for 30518 - Partial Gastrectomy.
With GMHBA, only the top hospital cover will cover the costs for this surgery.
I have noticed that some surgeons use different numbers.
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Checking I'm covered   Checking I'm covered EmptySun 20 May 2012, 10:00 pm

Sleeve gastrectomy 30511 or 30518

By-Pass all types 30512

Banding 30511

This is from the Medicare site.
Back to top Go down
City Beach
City Beach

Female
Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2012-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Checking I'm covered   Checking I'm covered EmptySun 20 May 2012, 10:12 pm

30518 is what I was told from AHM that they covered. I told my surgeon that and he was happy to use that number. Have rang them several times to confirm this and yes all good, now bring on July!!
Back to top Go down
Lizzy

Female
Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2012-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Checking I'm covered   Checking I'm covered EmptyTue 22 May 2012, 11:44 am

So do I need to ask my surgeon or my private health for the number I'm so confused. Thanks everybody for feedback. I'm with you Bex I'm freaking out that I'm going have surgery and be hit with a huge bill. I'm going with Dr Lockie in Brisbane if anybody has had any experience with him.
Back to top Go down
Bex
Part of the furniture
Bex

Female

PostSubject: Re: Checking I'm covered   Checking I'm covered EmptyTue 22 May 2012, 12:27 pm

I got the medicare number from my surgeons quote it said to ring my PHI and confirm that Im covered ect Ive actually checked 3 times since I decided to go ahead since Im only on corporate basic and only pay $112 a fortnight for a family of 5 :) I don't even have to pay an admission fee :)
Back to top Go down
curvylana
Part of the furniture
curvylana

Female
Number of posts : 261
Registration date : 2012-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Checking I'm covered   Checking I'm covered EmptyTue 22 May 2012, 12:55 pm

MBF and Bupa are now the same company.

I just was done a wk ago today and with basic hosptal with bupa are covered.

No big bill for me..:D
Back to top Go down
Bex
Part of the furniture
Bex

Female

PostSubject: Re: Checking I'm covered   Checking I'm covered EmptyTue 22 May 2012, 1:20 pm

Thats fantastic Curvylana I was worried about the basic, you would think you would have to have the top cover :)
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Checking I'm covered   Checking I'm covered EmptyTue 22 May 2012, 1:50 pm

Bex wrote:
I got the medicare number from my surgeons quote it said to ring my PHI and confirm that Im covered ect Ive actually checked 3 times since I decided to go ahead since Im only on corporate basic and only pay $112 a fortnight for a family of 5 :) I don't even have to pay an admission fee :)

Medicare Item numbers where on my quote for sleeve surgery, and all my plastic surgery quotes. I just rang my PHI and asked was I covered for Item Number XXXXX. Never even said what the surgery was!
Back to top Go down
Shellz

Female
Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2012-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Checking I'm covered   Checking I'm covered EmptySat 23 Jun 2012, 4:04 am

Hi, I feel exactly the same - I am worried that I will get handed a bill of $19000 at the end of it. I am with Medibank Private and have been paying $200 P/M for the last 12 months so crossing fingers all goes well without an issue. I am just nervously awaiting approval of release of some superannuation for out of pockets costs of $4500 before surgery date of 20 July.
Back to top Go down
lynlilangel
lynlilangel

Female
Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2012-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Checking I'm covered   Checking I'm covered EmptyTue 06 Nov 2012, 9:27 am

Hi All,

I am a little dumbfounded as when I have asked my surgeon at all my visits how much I would be out of pocket he told me $1000. When I rang his rooms today they told me $2500. Needless to say, it put me on a downer. The receptionist told me to phone my PHI and quote item number 30581. Would it be possible that he is doing it under item 30511. He put my lap band in (back in August 2008) and took it out (September 2012) due to problems. All the rest I am covered completely for.
Back to top Go down
snowbunny
Part of the furniture
snowbunny

Female
Number of posts : 432
Registration date : 2011-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Checking I'm covered   Checking I'm covered EmptyTue 06 Nov 2012, 10:47 am

lynlilangel

Is it the Surgeons booking fee that has increased in price?
There is no rebate from PHI or Medicare for a Booking Fee.
I know that my Surgeon is now charging more for the booking fee than I paid 16 months ago.
Some surgeons use 30511 and others 30518 - ask Medicare or PHI what the Scheduled fee is for each - they may be charged differently.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Checking I'm covered   Checking I'm covered Empty

Back to top Go down

Checking I'm covered
Page 1 of 1