2 posters
AuthorMessage
BFSCOTT
Part of the furniture

Male
Number of posts : 290
Registration date : 2012-03-22

Heartburn after band removal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heartburn after band removal   Heartburn after band removal EmptyFri 25 May 2012, 11:28 pm

trishah wrote:
It will make sure your belly is all healed by the time you get to your op rather than raw and inflamed which will amp up the reflux and put you on a round about with it

Good luck mate... us exbandits have to support one another

It definitely makes sense to me, I will try and get into the Docs on Monday and get the ball rolling, no way I want to jeopardize the op in any way.

Yes us exbandits should help each other for sure.

Your a great help Trisha

Thanks again

Scott
Back to top Go down
~Trishah~
Top Poster
Top Poster
~Trishah~

Female
Number of posts : 1954
Registration date : 2012-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Heartburn after band removal   Heartburn after band removal EmptyFri 25 May 2012, 11:07 pm

It will make sure your belly is all healed by the time you get to your op rather than raw and inflamed which will amp up the reflux and put you on a round about with it

Good luck mate... us exbandits have to support one another
Back to top Go down
BFSCOTT
Part of the furniture

Male

PostSubject: Re: Heartburn after band removal   Heartburn after band removal EmptyFri 25 May 2012, 11:04 pm

trishah wrote:
Go to your gp and get some nexium. Dont settle for anything less and take it first thing in the morning on an empty belly and half hour before eating.. it works best this way.

Sometimes if there is residual irritation you will get a responding reflux. If you clear up the irritation the reflux will go away. I went on nexium for a month before the sleeve to jump start the whole thing to make sure there was no irritation before the op. Nexium both settles acid and heals the tissues but can take 2 weeks to a month to work so get into it now.

Also ask for a helio bac test ( bug in the gut that causes reflux and ulcers) you dont need your surgeon for all those and it will be getting fixed and healing while you wait to see the surg.

Thanks for that Trisha,

I think I will do that, I don't want any issues that may stop me from getting the sleeve done.

Thanks
Scott
Back to top Go down
~Trishah~
Top Poster
Top Poster
~Trishah~

Female

PostSubject: Re: Heartburn after band removal   Heartburn after band removal EmptyFri 25 May 2012, 10:58 pm

Go to your gp and get some nexium. Dont settle for anything less and take it first thing in the morning on an empty belly and half hour before eating.. it works best this way.

Sometimes if there is residual irritation you will get a responding reflux. If you clear up the irritation the reflux will go away. I went on nexium for a month before the sleeve to jump start the whole thing to make sure there was no irritation before the op. Nexium both settles acid and heals the tissues but can take 2 weeks to a month to work so get into it now.

Also ask for a helio bac test ( bug in the gut that causes reflux and ulcers) you dont need your surgeon for all those and it will be getting fixed and healing while you wait to see the surg.
Back to top Go down
BFSCOTT
Part of the furniture

Male

PostSubject: Re: Heartburn after band removal   Heartburn after band removal EmptyFri 25 May 2012, 4:09 pm

trishah wrote:
scott you prob have a hernia... I developed one from the band (so doc says) Due to pressure of the band pushing upwards when the pouch was full.

It is usually fixed during the sleeve op.

Spot on Trisha,

I did have a hernia that they repaired when the band was removed, it was only a small one apparently. The heartburn or indigestion (not sure which is which) isn't too bad I take some Gaviscon Liquid for it when it starts and that seems to sort it most of the time, I just hope it won't cause issue re getting the sleeve?

Unfortunately the Doc wasn't there when I went for the last appointment after the band was removed, so I didn't get a chance to discuss it all with him, I will probably see him before the Sleeve op so I will definitely tell him about it then.

Cheers Trisha thanks again for the help.
Back to top Go down
~Trishah~
Top Poster
Top Poster
~Trishah~

Female

PostSubject: Re: Heartburn after band removal   Heartburn after band removal EmptyFri 25 May 2012, 1:03 pm

scott you prob have a hernia... I developed one from the band (so doc says) Due to pressure of the band pushing upwards when the pouch was full.

It is usually fixed during the sleeve op.
Back to top Go down
BFSCOTT
Part of the furniture

Male

PostSubject: Heartburn after band removal   Heartburn after band removal EmptySun 20 May 2012, 3:09 am

Hi all,

I've noticed since I had my band removed (3rd April 2012) I have been getting heartburn, I don't normally suffer from it but now I see to get it regularly since the band removal, just wondering if anyone else has similar issues? I'm taking Gaviscon which seems to be helping (just started using it yesterday) - I guess I will see how that goes and if it persists I will see the doc and see what he thinks.

Cheers Scott

I also found this site all about The Galbladder and thought I'd share it with everyone.

http://www.gallbladderattack.com/index.shtml
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heartburn after band removal   Heartburn after band removal Empty

Back to top Go down

Heartburn after band removal
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about You! :: From Band To Sleeve-
Jump to: