+4
Angelmystique
Tash
NiCole82
kate0083
8 posters
AuthorMessage

Just received my approval !!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just received my approval !!!   Just received my approval !!! EmptyWed 25 Apr 2012, 1:04 am

Hi has anyone received a loan from State Super, I didn't realise you could get a loan through your super it would make life a lot easier'
Back to top Go down
PiercedMumma08
Top Poster
Top Poster
PiercedMumma08

Female
Number of posts : 1702
Registration date : 2010-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Just received my approval !!!   Just received my approval !!! EmptyWed 25 Apr 2012, 12:10 am

kate0083 wrote:
i could seriously jump for joy and cry soo many tears of happiness... i am soo excited I just received the letter of approval to use my super for my operation:)

Now to send the letter off and book my surgery date :) can finally see the light at the end of the tunel now :)

YAY!

When I got my approval, and it was REAL that this WAS happening, I ran back into my office, crying my eyes out, straight to my boss and hugged her saying "they've approved it, they've approved it".

Such a happy, life changing moment, I wont forget it. So, Im happy all over again for you :)
Back to top Go down
newlifegirl
newlifegirl

Female
Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2012-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Just received my approval !!!   Just received my approval !!! EmptyTue 24 Apr 2012, 11:28 pm

Is your super paying for the op and hospital stay or have you got private health cover as well

I'm still deciding if i'll do it yet its all so confusing
Back to top Go down
Strawberrychick
Top Poster
Top Poster
Strawberrychick

Female
Number of posts : 1211
Registration date : 2012-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Just received my approval !!!   Just received my approval !!! EmptyTue 24 Apr 2012, 4:45 pm

Congratulations Kate, that's awesome. Your happiness just leaps out of that post!
Back to top Go down
essienew
essienew

Female
Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2012-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Just received my approval !!!   Just received my approval !!! EmptyTue 24 Apr 2012, 4:44 pm

Hi Nicole

I also accessed my super for the op, I am with GESB. All I did is call them and asked, and then they sent me all the forms to complete. You will need a letter from your GP and Surgeon explaining that you need to access super for bariatric surgery to deal with your weight issues that are life threatening and are causing you chronic health issues and pain e.g. joint pains and depression. The letters need to be specific otherwise they do not accept. I was lucky as I just had to submit my application to GESB only and they made a decision in less than a week. You also need to show that you are not able to pay for this from any other source, so they need an income and expenses budget. Also do not pay anything cash but credit card, that way you can prove that you used debt to pay. I made the mistake of paying for some of my expenses cash so could not included those payments in the appication as they said I had the cash. Also note that they do not pay you the full amount, only the amount you will not be able to claim from PHI and Medicare, so you will need to have this money upfront to pay your surgeon and then claim later. At least that is how my surgeon works

Hope this helps
Back to top Go down
Angelmystique
Top Poster
Top Poster
Angelmystique

Female
Number of posts : 1359
Registration date : 2012-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Just received my approval !!!   Just received my approval !!! EmptyTue 24 Apr 2012, 12:49 am

wohooooo kate xx
Back to top Go down
kate0083
kate0083

Female
Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2012-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Just received my approval !!!   Just received my approval !!! EmptyTue 24 Apr 2012, 12:40 am

Hi Nicole82

you need to contact your super first and ask them if you are eligable to access your super... if they say yes then you need to download the application form from the Department of Human Services and collect all your quotes from your Dr, Hospital and Anesthesiest and send your application in.

It only took 3 weeks for my application to be approved.

but remember you can only access your super if its a life threatening illness... I have been diagnosed with PCOS :)

good luck let me know if i can help any further :)
Back to top Go down
Tash
Top Poster
Top Poster
Tash

Female
Number of posts : 1492
Registration date : 2011-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Just received my approval !!!   Just received my approval !!! EmptyMon 23 Apr 2012, 9:10 am

YAY! Just received my approval !!! 446871 Just received my approval !!! 65317 Just received my approval !!! 542174
Back to top Go down
NiCole82
NiCole82

Female
Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2012-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Just received my approval !!!   Just received my approval !!! EmptyMon 23 Apr 2012, 8:30 am

That's fantastic news!!

How do you go about applying for it? I am with Hostplus, do I just ring them and ask?

I have no idea lol.

x
Back to top Go down
kate0083
kate0083

Female
Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2012-03-19

PostSubject: Just received my approval !!!   Just received my approval !!! EmptyMon 23 Apr 2012, 5:24 am

i could seriously jump for joy and cry soo many tears of happiness... i am soo excited I just received the letter of approval to use my super for my operation:)

Now to send the letter off and book my surgery date :) can finally see the light at the end of the tunel now :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just received my approval !!!   Just received my approval !!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Just received my approval !!!
Page 1 of 1