Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Difference between exbanders and virgin sleevers-touched for the very first time...

Go down 
+4
kity1_cat
Angelmystique
lin1970
theresag
8 posters
AuthorMessage
snowbunny
Part of the furniture
snowbunny

Female
Number of posts : 432
Registration date : 2011-06-14

Difference between exbanders and virgin sleevers-touched for the very first time... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Difference between exbanders and virgin sleevers-touched for the very first time...   Difference between exbanders and virgin sleevers-touched for the very first time... EmptyMon 07 May 2012, 9:59 am

theresag wrote:
And I'm losing just over 1 kg a week, so it's slow, but steady. So it's all good. My mission in life from now on will be to talk everyone considering a band out of it! So wish I'd have had the sleeve first.

Losing 1kg a week is not slow, it is outstanding.
Keep it up, you are going along perfectly.

javascript:emoticonp('Difference between exbanders and virgin sleevers-touched for the very first time... 542174')
Back to top Go down
lisabell

Female
Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2011-09-01

Difference between exbanders and virgin sleevers-touched for the very first time... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Difference between exbanders and virgin sleevers-touched for the very first time...   Difference between exbanders and virgin sleevers-touched for the very first time... EmptySun 06 May 2012, 1:20 pm

Kity if you let us know what location you're in I'm sure other's close to your area could give you some names to look into.

As an exbander the sleeve is the best thing I've ever done. I waited three months after it was removed before getting my sleeve. My doc said the same as Trishah, when he removes the band he will be able to tell the condition of your scarring then can say what will be needed.

Good luck!!
Back to top Go down
Ginka
Part of the furniture
Ginka

Female
Number of posts : 785
Registration date : 2012-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Difference between exbanders and virgin sleevers-touched for the very first time...   Difference between exbanders and virgin sleevers-touched for the very first time... EmptySun 06 May 2012, 1:14 pm

Who was it again Kity? Did he tell you why?
Back to top Go down
kity1_cat

Female
Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2012-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Difference between exbanders and virgin sleevers-touched for the very first time...   Difference between exbanders and virgin sleevers-touched for the very first time... EmptySun 06 May 2012, 12:36 pm

Yeh...I will def get another opinion...I actually went to a proffessor of obesity so I really am quite confused. He said the gastric bypass is the best thing for me????
Back to top Go down
theresag
theresag

Female
Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2011-09-06

PostSubject: From Band To Sleeve :: Difference between exbanders and virgin sleevers-touched for the very first time...   Difference between exbanders and virgin sleevers-touched for the very first time... EmptySun 06 May 2012, 11:49 am

Hi Kity, I tried three doctors before I found one that would do it. Dr Talbot warned me if the scarring was too bad he would do a bypass. Just before I went in to surgery I said " Promise me you'll give me a sleeve... snore..." I woke up with one. It's great. Haven't updated my stats but I've lost 10 kgs now. I believe there is a really good chance weight loss will be slower, and it seems to be slower than others done around the same time as me, but I don't care. I'm eating better, making better food choices, coz I can now. And I still can't tolerate fatty and sugary foods. I actually don't even feel like them at all now, which is weird coz when I couldn't eat much after my band slipped chocolate was my best friend. Now it doesn't interest me at all.
Back to top Go down
~Trishah~
Top Poster
Top Poster
~Trishah~

Female
Number of posts : 1954
Registration date : 2012-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Difference between exbanders and virgin sleevers-touched for the very first time...   Difference between exbanders and virgin sleevers-touched for the very first time... EmptySun 06 May 2012, 11:07 am

kity there is absolutely no problem if your tummy is rested after the removal. As you can see Theresa had 2 bands with complications and was still sleeved.

My doctor told me that sleeving a debanded stomach that has been rested at least 3 months (provided it has not had an eroded band) has no more chance of complications than a virgin sleeve as of the current info that has been recorded.

I was debanded and 3 months later (like so many on this site) with nil complications in fact it was a much easier transition to the sleeve than it was being banded and much superior in the eating etc afterwards.

It sounds like your doctor is very closed, I would certainly get another opinion because he doesnt know what he is talking about and cant make that judgement till he takes out your band and sees the state of your scaring on your stomach.
Back to top Go down
kity1_cat

Female
Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2012-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Difference between exbanders and virgin sleevers-touched for the very first time...   Difference between exbanders and virgin sleevers-touched for the very first time... EmptySun 06 May 2012, 9:57 am

Hi theresag,

I was wondering, were you told that it is a problem to get the sleeve after the band? This is what I was told. I am having band removed and I was told a gastric bypass is recomended...?
Back to top Go down
theresag
theresag

Female

PostSubject: Difference between exbanders and virgin sleevers-touched for the very first time...   Difference between exbanders and virgin sleevers-touched for the very first time... EmptySat 21 Apr 2012, 6:05 am

SO glad to help Angel :) and Lin I too have been visited many times by the black dog. Banding life was miserable.
Back to top Go down
Angelmystique
Top Poster
Top Poster
Angelmystique

Female
Number of posts : 1359
Registration date : 2012-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Difference between exbanders and virgin sleevers-touched for the very first time...   Difference between exbanders and virgin sleevers-touched for the very first time... EmptySat 21 Apr 2012, 5:48 am

that is great information to read

i am the sleeve virgin lol and I have all those sensations ur talking about and also the regurging.

Its good when we have doctors that are clear and help us with our enquiries. My surgoen was great like that too this week.

My surgeon was pushing me to have the band, but i stood my ground and said no thanks, i have had enough operations in my life, i dont want u sticking needle in me every few weeks or any foreign body inside me. Having had hernias etc i know my scar tissue wouldnt be kind.

So glad I did the sleeve, and I do believe it will over take the band very shortly in surgeries.

its a lifestyle change, not a quick fix - well my thought anyway xx
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female
Number of posts : 3316
Registration date : 2011-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Difference between exbanders and virgin sleevers-touched for the very first time...   Difference between exbanders and virgin sleevers-touched for the very first time... EmptySat 21 Apr 2012, 4:57 am

wow, you have been through alot with going through 2 bands. you must be one determined woman :)Difference between exbanders and virgin sleevers-touched for the very first time... 314541
Back to top Go down
theresag
theresag

Female

PostSubject: Difference between exbanders and virgin sleevers-touched for the very first time...   Difference between exbanders and virgin sleevers-touched for the very first time... EmptySat 21 Apr 2012, 4:53 am

Hello everyone, I had an interesting talk with my lovely doc yesterday. I told him I was concerned I could feel no pain, no sense of fullness like I've heard described here or the horrible pain of restriction I was used to with the band. He said there were two reasons, firstly because of the scar tissue from my two banding procedures my stomach didn't get as swollen as it isn't as pliable and soft as a newbies,secondly because I suffered from reflux from the band ( which led to a hiatus hernia he fixed for me) I don't get the sensation of food going down that other people get as the nerve endings have been fryed from the reflux. Good news is he reckons I should be able to go more rapidly thru the stages.. I'm already on mushies after 2 weeks, soft food on Tuesday. but I will still have to wait 4 weeks until I can be on normal food. He also said I should have more of a sensation of satiety when I'm on normal food. He said the sleeve is designed to stop us feeling hungry, we shouldn't be going for the feeling of fullness. He said if I do get that feeling, I've actually gone too far. So as long as I keep weighing 1/2 cup every meal he reckons I'll be fine. And I'm losing just over 1 kg a week, so it's slow, but steady. So it's all good. My mission in life from now on will be to talk everyone considering a band out of it! So wish I'd have had the sleeve first.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Difference between exbanders and virgin sleevers-touched for the very first time...   Difference between exbanders and virgin sleevers-touched for the very first time... Empty

Back to top Go down

Difference between exbanders and virgin sleevers-touched for the very first time...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about You! :: From Band To Sleeve-
Jump to: