AuthorMessage
Lonie62
Lonie62

Female
Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2015-02-04

Psoriasis  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Psoriasis    Psoriasis  EmptyTue 17 Feb 2015, 11:20 am

I was diagnosed with psoriasis in my mid 20's on my elbows only to start with. When pregnant at 28 I had it everywhere and it was horrible. I started having PUVA treatment which seemed to help a bit. Further down the track I was given a medication called Tigason (I think) as well as the treatment and it disappeared. I now, 20 odd years later, only have one spot on my elbow.  I have elocon cream if I need it and I use a noni and coconut soap most of the time and it is really good.  

Hopefully post surgery it will remain the same.
Back to top Go down
BeeGee15

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2015-02-17

Psoriasis  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Psoriasis    Psoriasis  EmptyTue 17 Feb 2015, 10:08 am

Hi everyone,
I have had psoriasis my whole life since I was 6 months old. Nothing has ever worked to relieve it. It has never been painful, just ugly and the point of a lot of bullying.
I have tried many different remedies including altering diet. Still no result. I am now 1 week post op. About 2 weeks before starting my 2 week opti diet, I began using a product of natural pawpaw by Brauers. It's in a white pot with a yello/green label. It is just a pawpaw ointment but not as sticky as the Lucas' brand. I apply at least once a day, usually before bed and I have never seen my psoriasis look SO GOOD! I bought it in the thought that I will apply to my scars which I will definitely be doing. My psoriasis is now undetectable on my arms (unless you look very close or touch it as it's still slightly raised.). I'm not usually one to preach about products but this is amazing! I'm hoping now that it's under control along with the progress of my weight loss and diet, I can keep it at bay. :)
Back to top Go down
kittykat6

Female
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2013-12-09

Psoriasis  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Psoriasis    Psoriasis  EmptyFri 21 Feb 2014, 12:43 am

tigerlea65 wrote:
Hi all

Does anyone on here suffer from psoriasis and if so have they noticed any change since having surgery? I suffer badly and have read some stuff suggesting that obesity can be a trigger and was wondering if maybe my surgery may help!

Lea

Hi Lea, did you ever end up having the surgery? Did it affect the psoriasis? I've got the same problem and it'd just be the icing on the cake that would motivate me to get this done if you'd found it did help with psoriasis...
Back to top Go down
twistedbydesign
twistedbydesign

Female
Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2011-09-10

Psoriasis  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Psoriasis    Psoriasis  EmptyWed 23 May 2012, 11:27 pm

i have psoriasis but haven't been sleeved yet - when i was thinner (40 kg thinner... sigh), my psoriasis was just as bad.

i did go to a natropath who advised there were a lot of 'trigger' foods associated with psoriasis - basically anything acidic (citrus, tomato, cola, etc), red meat & dairy, potatoes, coffee & tea, fried foods, and anything spicy. also not surprisingly, booze and cigarettes are big triggers.

hmm what else - she recommended luke warm showers (hot water dries out and irriates psoriasis) and staying away from hot drinks.

sun for 30 minutes a day also is supposed to help, because as a psoriasis sufferer, generally our vitamin d levels are quite low.

stress is a big one for me, i know as soon as something pops up that makes me feel stressed, the itchiness pops up and drives me crazy. i wake up with blood under my fingernails a lot from scratching in my sleep. sometimes you can't control it but going for a walk every day does tend to help lower my stress levels.

the natropath also told me to stop dying my hair as chemicals are supposed to react and irritate, buuuut i'm way too vain for that!!!

Psoriasis  314562
Back to top Go down
snowbunny
Part of the furniture
snowbunny

Female
Number of posts : 432
Registration date : 2011-06-14

Psoriasis  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Psoriasis    Psoriasis  EmptyTue 17 Apr 2012, 2:27 pm

Hi Lea
I suffer from eczema on my scalp. It got so bad at one stage, I shaved all my hair off!! Since the surgery, my eczema has improved greatly. I use a Selenium based shampoo one day a week, then just a mild shampoo in between. I was relying on elecon (corticosteriod) to stop me scratching all night in my sleep. I am unsure whether this is a direct result of weight loss, reduction in carbs (i used to eat ALOT of bread) or just because I am eating a more balanced diet.

I hope the surgery helps your psoriasis.

:)
Back to top Go down
tigerlea65

Female
Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2012-03-06

Psoriasis  Empty
PostSubject: Psoriasis    Psoriasis  EmptyTue 10 Apr 2012, 12:56 am

Hi all

Does anyone on here suffer from psoriasis and if so have they noticed any change since having surgery? I suffer badly and have read some stuff suggesting that obesity can be a trigger and was wondering if maybe my surgery may help!

Lea
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Psoriasis  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Psoriasis    Psoriasis  Empty

Back to top Go down

Psoriasis
Page 1 of 1