Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Another band to sleeve in WA, would love advice???

Go down 
+4
Bev
Kateh (Bluedog)
gottarhyme
Gettingthere
8 posters
AuthorMessage
amanda O'D
Part of the furniture
amanda O'D

Female
Number of posts : 901
Registration date : 2010-11-13

Another band to sleeve in WA, would love advice??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another band to sleeve in WA, would love advice???   Another band to sleeve in WA, would love advice??? EmptyWed 11 Apr 2012, 1:05 am

welcome to the forum, any friend of Kates is a friend of ours.
Have a good read of the forum, and dont be shy with any thing you want to say.

smiles
Mandy
Back to top Go down
Gettingthere

Female
Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2012-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Another band to sleeve in WA, would love advice???   Another band to sleeve in WA, would love advice??? EmptyTue 10 Apr 2012, 2:23 pm

Hi everyone!

Thank you for the warm welcome, it makes me feel a lot better reading all your stories and thank you for being so honest. I've been talking it over with my partner and we both think that something, anything has got to be better than this band. I'm slowly making my way through all the good advice and I'll let you all know how I go with my surgeon this week.

sassyred, kate and I worked together on a mine site a few years ago and she even taught me how to ride a dirt bike at her parents station, lol Congratulations on your weight-loss, you must feel soooo much better for it Another band to sleeve in WA, would love advice??? 446871

Lisabell, I'll PM you after my visit with Chris as your the only other patient of his from what I've found!

Bev count me in on the get togethers, after going through the Band nightmare all on my own it's nice to know there are others I can share this experience with

Let me finish off by saying, well done to everyone! It takes a strong person to undergo not only the procedure but the emotional journey too. From what I've read so far you all should give yourselves a big pat on the back Another band to sleeve in WA, would love advice??? 120705
Back to top Go down
sassyred
Part of the furniture
sassyred

Female
Number of posts : 657
Registration date : 2011-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Another band to sleeve in WA, would love advice???   Another band to sleeve in WA, would love advice??? EmptyTue 10 Apr 2012, 1:07 am

Hello and welcome aboard!

Any friend of Kate is a friend of mine (c:

Getting the sleeve has been the best decision I have ever made and I am thrilled to have gone from size 18/20 to 11/12 in just over 5 months. I'm not a bandit so can't help you with that side of things but you will find heaps of support here.

When you get your surgery date make sure you connect with others via the 'monthly sleevers' thread, I have had such wonderful support there and hope you find the same.

Good luck with your sleeve journey!

Sarah
Back to top Go down
lisabell

Female
Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2011-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Another band to sleeve in WA, would love advice???   Another band to sleeve in WA, would love advice??? EmptyMon 09 Apr 2012, 11:57 pm

Good morning Gettingthere,

Dr Couch is also my surgeon, I had the band out in Nov (at Waikiki Private) and sleeve in in March at the Mount Hospital.
Best thing I ever did. feel free to PM me for any info on doc/hospital stay.

It can only get better from now on...I too had the awful band for four years and threw up most of those days.
Back to top Go down
Kate
Top Poster
Top Poster
Kate

Female
Number of posts : 2162
Registration date : 2011-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Another band to sleeve in WA, would love advice???   Another band to sleeve in WA, would love advice??? EmptyMon 09 Apr 2012, 11:51 pm

Hi Gettingthere and welcome to the forum. You will find heaps of info and a lot of others who have had bands removed and then been sleeved. From what I read not one of them has regretted their decision to do this. Hope all goes well for you. Good luck.

Kate
Back to top Go down
Bev
Part of the furniture
Bev

Female
Number of posts : 363
Registration date : 2011-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Another band to sleeve in WA, would love advice???   Another band to sleeve in WA, would love advice??? EmptyMon 09 Apr 2012, 11:42 pm

A big HOWDY to you – fellow Perthite. Welcome!

This site has been a lifesaver for me also, especially in the early months. It's a great place to vent and share your journey with others through your “Diary”. We also have local get togethers and they are great fun – just exchanging info and chatting about our WLS journeys – cant wait for the next one and hope to see you there.

Good luck with your Surgeon’s appointment and I hope you get your surgery date real soon – the waiting is the hard part.

Bev

Last edited by BEV on Tue 10 Apr 2012, 12:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gettingthere

Female

PostSubject: Re: Another band to sleeve in WA, would love advice???   Another band to sleeve in WA, would love advice??? EmptyMon 09 Apr 2012, 1:51 pm

Hey yummy mummy,

I know! I was looking through the posts and I saw Blue Dog and I thought, Hey that's familiar and there you were!

I was on a Band forum but it was US based and I found some people on it were dead set against the sleeve. After all I went through with the Band I was reluctant to do another procedure so this time I wanted to know EVERYTHING!!!!

This forum seems way more supportive and I've learnt heaps, so I'm much more confidant in swapping the band for the sleeve.

I'll call you when I speak with my surgeon this week Another band to sleeve in WA, would love advice??? 217555
Back to top Go down
Kateh (Bluedog)
Part of the furniture
Kateh (Bluedog)

Female
Number of posts : 1159
Registration date : 2011-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Another band to sleeve in WA, would love advice???   Another band to sleeve in WA, would love advice??? EmptyMon 09 Apr 2012, 1:14 pm

Heloooooo lovely beautiful lady welcome to the best place you can be, without this forum I would be lost lost lost. Can't believe you found me lmao just goes to show how small our world really is!! Sorry cant help with your band advise but am here for whatever other questions you have & if I can't help there is a whole army of wonderful people on here that can! kiss
Really big hugs xxxxxxxxx
Back to top Go down
gottarhyme
Top Poster
Top Poster
gottarhyme

Female
Number of posts : 3826
Registration date : 2011-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Another band to sleeve in WA, would love advice???   Another band to sleeve in WA, would love advice??? EmptyMon 09 Apr 2012, 11:41 am

Welcome to our wonderful, helpful forum!
Back to top Go down
Gettingthere

Female

PostSubject: Re: Another band to sleeve in WA, would love advice???   Another band to sleeve in WA, would love advice??? EmptyMon 09 Apr 2012, 11:09 am

Thank you Trishah will go there right now!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another band to sleeve in WA, would love advice???   Another band to sleeve in WA, would love advice??? EmptyMon 09 Apr 2012, 11:00 am

go to the band to sleeve section hon... tons of info there....for the record it will be the best thing you will ever do in getting your band out. I cant tell you how much better I feel to be free of mine. I have never heard a band to sleeve convert regret the decision!
Back to top Go down
Gettingthere

Female

PostSubject: Another band to sleeve in WA, would love advice???   Another band to sleeve in WA, would love advice??? EmptyMon 09 Apr 2012, 10:46 am

Hey Everyone,

So here I am, another band to sleeve person! My Dr is Chris Couch and I've had the band in for just over 4 years. It was great for the first year, I lost 30 kgs and never felt better. Then had a slippage and have been in hell for the past 3 years. I've gained all my weight back and then some as I was always having fluid put In/out. Over feeling like a pin cushion and never knowing if today I can eat or will it be another day of vomiting and nausea.

My Dr. suggested the sleeve as he thinks that band has done all it can and with all my health problems back something needs to change. I would love some advice on getting the band out and the recovery from that, in addition to the sleeve procedure as well.

Another band to sleeve in WA, would love advice??? 697586
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another band to sleeve in WA, would love advice???   Another band to sleeve in WA, would love advice??? Empty

Back to top Go down

Another band to sleeve in WA, would love advice???
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: