Top Poster
Top Poster
~Trishah~

Female
Number of posts : 1954
Registration date : 2012-04-15

Confused?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Confused??   Confused?? EmptyThu 19 Apr 2012, 6:50 am

yar Im hearing ya... I lost a rip roaring 300g this week... I could poop heavier than that
Back to top Go down
CherryRipe
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 492
Registration date : 2012-02-08

Confused?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Confused??   Confused?? EmptyThu 19 Apr 2012, 2:36 am

Hi again.
I'm three weeks out now and have only lost 1.5 kg. P'raps it's my stall! sigh.
Back to top Go down
margd
Top Poster
Top Poster
margd

Female
Number of posts : 2628
Registration date : 2011-09-09

Confused?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Confused??   Confused?? EmptyThu 19 Apr 2012, 2:31 am

Hi i put 1.7 on in hospital,i was so shocked but it did come of quick after that though,everyone is different,i would say just keep doing what your doing and it will drop again.
Back to top Go down

Confused?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Confused??   Confused?? EmptyTue 06 Mar 2012, 12:42 pm

I went through this with the band and so did every one else I knew... The mushy stage is a common place to stall.

Some say its because mushies introduce a higher carb count ( even though your keeping the protein up) Others say its because you lose so solidly in the first stages that your body takes a rest.

It doesnt last so you can feel reasured that once your on a full diet the weight loss will resume.

At this stage its all about the healing and not the weightloss...but I have to tell you we all panic at this point.

Keep up the good work and plow ahead...stalls happen but they also end.
Back to top Go down
CherryRipe
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 492
Registration date : 2012-02-08

Confused?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Confused??   Confused?? EmptyTue 06 Mar 2012, 7:41 am

WHOOO HOOOOOO! Way to go Rabylad!!
You have just kicked a habit that, according to my doctor, is harder to beat than heroin.
I quit 2 years ago and it gets easier and easier.
I don't even think about fags anymore even when I'm really stressed. I promise you it gets easier every week. Just take it day by day and everytime you feel like one just do something else, pop a chewie in your mouth - anything.
Gee, you have your work cut out quitting and sleeving but it seems you're doing fine. I haven't been sleeved yet, but am coming up at the end of the month. All the reading I've done points to plateaus at certain points in weight loss. You've just hit one. Some people say you may need to eat a little more in case you are in starvation mode and some people tell you to ramp up the exercise (walking) to get the body moving again. No doubt you will see me on here in a couple of months talking about my own plateau. You are not the only person in the world for whom the sleeve won't work (unless you're blending mars bars and Big Macs - LOL).
You have lost a staggering amount of weight since you started Opti-famine - focus on your achievements. You're doing well!!
Cheers,
C
Back to top Go down
RabyLad

Male
Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2012-03-06

Confused?? Empty
PostSubject: Confused??   Confused?? EmptyTue 06 Mar 2012, 6:40 am

It has been 4 weeks since i have been sleeved and for some reason my weight loss has been really fast then really slow and now has just stopped all together i am following the plan i was given to the letter but it just doesn't seen to be working for me. I was a calorie counter in the past and went well doing that but the only instruction i got 2 weeks post op was to eat 60-80 grams of protein.

I am not eating a lot maybe not enough but i am getting in between 60 - 80 grams of protein as requested but my calories are around the 900 calorie mark.

my weight loss started well while i was just sipping water and on just optimist & fluids for the first 2 weeks post and it slowed during the puree stage and now the soft food stage i am scared that it is not working for me, am i the 1 in 1 million ( not sure what the stat was) that puts weight on after surgery.

Any thoughts, has anyone else been through this?

my weightless journey so far

4th Jan 226kg - started Optifast & stopped smoking
6th Feb - 199kg -Sleeved
13th Feb - 204kg - put on 5kg in hospital
20th Feb - 192kg - lost 12kg week 1 home
27th Feb - 187kg - Lost 5kg week 2 home
5th Mar - 189.5kg-put 2.5kg on ??????? week 3 home - its enough to send a man back to smokes - this is the longest non smoke period in 25 years and i want it to last for ever but i must say this has stressed me out real bad!!!!!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Confused?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Confused??   Confused?? Empty

Back to top Go down

Confused??
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about You! :: Guys, Girls & Relationships :: The one for the Guys!-
Jump to: