AuthorMessage
LittleMissCee
Administrator
LittleMissCee

Female
Number of posts : 2103
Registration date : 2010-01-03

Changes since sleeve? Share :D Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changes since sleeve? Share :D   Changes since sleeve? Share :D EmptySun 11 Dec 2011, 2:38 pm

I'm now a big chocolate lover, whereas pre-op I never ate chocolate as I didn't like it.

I used to drink double-espresso iced coffee flat out pre-op, now can't stomach them as they're far too sweet, now get the same fix with the light ice coffee.

Ice coffee you buy from the supermarkets I'm fine with, but normally one from a cafe will go straight through me. Same for milkshakes.

Not much else has changed really. Can still eat take away, tiny portions mind you.. But I just choose not to unless it's my very last option.
Back to top Go down
foober

Female
Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2011-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Changes since sleeve? Share :D   Changes since sleeve? Share :D EmptySun 11 Dec 2011, 9:15 am

I can eat most things as I did before however the hunger no longer drives me .
At 11 weeks I am still adjusting .
I now cant stand the smell of takeaway,the heavy oily smell just makes me feel ill.
And I have to be the cheapest drunk on the planet .
Seriously one beer and I have my wobbly boots on ...
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Changes since sleeve? Share :D   Changes since sleeve? Share :D EmptySun 11 Dec 2011, 8:17 am

Janelou I hear you on the nuts and dried nuts, OMG I had to stop buying them. Once I started snacking on them, could't stop!!

I am now 2 years out................

• Can eat more than I could a year ago, I can eat a small meal.
  • I can gain weight
  • I can graze all day
  • All my tastes have returned, although there are things I no longer want or eat, ie soft drinks, fried foods, cream, pies to name a few.
  • I still have some issues with food, and some days food wins!!
  • Something that is a plus for me, I still don't get hungry.
  • I have tons of energy
  • Clothes I bought 12 months ago still fit me
  • I have healthy, happy and loving life
  • I LOVE MY SLEEVE

I took advantage of my sleeve in the first year and worked really hard to get below my goal weight. I now have to maintain a really healthy diet and exercise to maintain my weight, but I do have treats and love a bottle of wine now and again.
Back to top Go down
janelou29
Part of the furniture
janelou29

Female
Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2010-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Changes since sleeve? Share :D   Changes since sleeve? Share :D EmptySun 11 Dec 2011, 7:54 am

Hi Guys,

from someone who had it done 16 months ago, your tastes come back.

Maybe not as strong as before, and I like coffee more now. But if you have a sweet tooth, mine stayed. (well it came back)

My advice, (and I wish I knew this when I was sleeved) was that at 16 months, I get hungry, can eats loads more and have even put on weight.

Enjoy these times, really take advantage of the 'smaller tummy' and capitilise on the ability to lose weight, because it passes, only because you heal and your tummy can fit more food in (and you get hungry again!)

It's just so hard to believe in the early days that you will ever worry about your weight again...but alas, you do have to watch it after a while.

And don't snack!! because at first, you convince yourself you need to, otherwise you can't eat enough..however after about 12 months, snacking becomes a real problem, you can snack through 1000 calories a day easily after 14 months -I have done it!! i got into the dried apricots and nuts a few weeks ago, and I could snack through a packet a day and loads of almonds as well, great for you, but way too much energy!

Good luck!!

Janelou xx
Back to top Go down
SassyMummy
Part of the furniture
SassyMummy

Female
Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2010-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Changes since sleeve? Share :D   Changes since sleeve? Share :D EmptyThu 08 Dec 2011, 11:45 am

I don't like dairy much either. Milk seems to be OKAY if I have only a sip here or there, and I still like cheese... but anything too creamy makes me feel ill.

I can't handle oil either. Too much oil and I spew. Previously, I loved my greasy, oily foods.

I also don't enjoy a lot of junk anymore. I can eat it, but it's not tasty. Previously a quarter pounder was orgasmic for me. Now it's just "meh." I could eat some of one (maybe 1/3) but it's not tasty. Same with KFC (though I've only tried popcorn chicken). Red Rooster seems okay, but I only get a small bit of chicken, so it's not exactly highly junky food like the rest. Pizza is meh too (I've only had thin-crust). Luckily I still enjoy sushi.

I also don't crave soft drinks. I would easily drink 1.25L coke a day pre-op... I've had a TINY bit of soft-drink post op, but coke doesn't taste so nice and can't handle much anyway (maybe 1/2 cup over about 2 hours... at which stage it goes flat anyway... lol).

Cheesecake still tastes good though - had about 2 mouthfuls a few weeks ago at hte Coffee Club.
Back to top Go down
http://randomchickrandomthoughts.blogspot.com/
Gen
Gen

Female
Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2011-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Changes since sleeve? Share :D   Changes since sleeve? Share :D EmptyWed 07 Dec 2011, 12:16 pm

Well I am only a newbie sleever so of course this might change, this week is only my first week on solid food again w00t! But I have noticed a few things similar to you crisalida. On Monday night I was driving home late from a work meeting, and usually I would go through a drive through because it's easier, and as I was passing Hungry Jacks I realised that the thought hadn't even crossed my mind to grab something! The girls at work had some lollies the other day and pre-sleeve I would have to literally force myself not to walk past the lolly bowl as I couldn't help myself, but this time I had just one lolly (strawberries and cream yum!) and it completely satisfied me, just to have a taste.

I also don't have any desire for fried or fatty foods - I think it's because I know they will fill me quickly and won't satisfy me the same way a well-prepared, protein-rich meal will. I have also lost my desire for cheese & chocolate. I used to love both way too much, but now I have to consciously choose to add some dairy to my day or I wouldn't have any at all. I haven't had any chocolate yet at all!

The main thing that has really changed for me though is having more money! I used to buy my lunch from a local cafe almost every day, but now I plan what I'm eating days in advance and take my food to work. It's saving me a fortune.

I also have more energy, and have been much more active when I get home from work and on weekends. It's great! I've been exercising almost every day for the past couple of weeks, and am finding every couple of days that my fitness is improving and I can go for longer without being out of breath or feeling completely stuffed. I do a mixture of wii fit activities and cross trainer, and I'm embarrassed to say when I first got back on my cross trainer I could only manage 3 minutes before being exhausted. Tonight I did 20 minutes after already doing 40 minutes on the wii. I was so pleased!
Back to top Go down
crisalida
crisalida

Female
Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2011-10-21

PostSubject: Changes since sleeve? Share :D   Changes since sleeve? Share :D EmptyWed 07 Dec 2011, 11:41 am

Hey,

Just curious if others have experienced this also. My friend and I both had the sleeve and we are both finding that we no longer desire dairy apart from a bit of cheese. Definitely no ice cream or milk.

I also find I do not desire fast food, deep fried food, chocolate, or even lollies! This is a huge change for me lol.. one that I am not even remotely disappointed about! Is it all in my head though? Or has having a portion of my stomach removed really changed my desire for certain foods?

I love love LOVE my new tummy and all the wonderful things that go along side having it.. and this is just one of those extra bonuses. It is so liberating being able to be out, and smell something yummy that I would usually not be able to pass up, and not even want to buy it!

I am already finding I have more energy too, and feel great about myself.

What are some changes you have experienced other than weight loss that you have enjoyed?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Changes since sleeve? Share :D   Changes since sleeve? Share :D Empty

Back to top Go down

Changes since sleeve? Share :D
Page 1 of 1