AuthorMessage
Tarzapan
Tarzapan

Female
Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2011-11-23

Hiatus Hernia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hiatus Hernia   Hiatus Hernia EmptySun 11 Dec 2011, 7:10 am

thank you for your advise and experience. Much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
foober

Female
Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2011-07-31

Hiatus Hernia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hiatus Hernia   Hiatus Hernia EmptySun 11 Dec 2011, 4:13 am

I cant comment on the band .
However I did find out from the surgeon that I had a hernia . At the time of the sleeve he repaired it so really got two ops for the cost of one.

Apart from not being able to do any real core exercise work all is well. Still on pariet (probably the same as nexium) I have no side affects .. no pain no reflux . I still have to work at good eating patterns but the sleeve is brilliant . Best thing I ever did !!
Back to top Go down
Tarzapan
Tarzapan

Female

Hiatus Hernia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hiatus Hernia   Hiatus Hernia EmptySat 10 Dec 2011, 8:31 am

Firstly, apologies for not repling sooner. Just couldnt get on to reply. But Thank you to all for your advice, comments & support.

So far for some reason since having all the fluid taken out during the scope I can still (2 1/2 weeks later) only eat small amounts. So I am hoping that my stomach has shrunk enough over the time and I can continue to eat small meals with no problem / hunger and may not need to go down the track of the sleeve. Time will tell and i guess so will Christmas / New year festivities.

Thank you all again and I wish you all good luck in your weightloss journey.

Hiatus Hernia 63412
Back to top Go down
EBDani
EBDani

Female
Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2011-10-20

Hiatus Hernia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hiatus Hernia   Hiatus Hernia EmptyFri 25 Nov 2011, 10:26 am

I feel your pain! I only got my band out 5 days ago and I'm still in agony, way worse than it going in lemme tell you! I do hope you get some resolve on your severe reflux, it's horrible. Please bear in mind though that maybe you're on the wrong reflux med...Nexium are good but perhaps give Somac or Zoton a shake. Just a different proton pump inhibitor and may give you more relief. (You would need metabolic testing to tell you which one to be on but worth trying all I say!)

Best of Luck, realllllly hope you get some relief soon!

Dani
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

Hiatus Hernia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hiatus Hernia   Hiatus Hernia EmptyThu 24 Nov 2011, 6:56 am

Hi and welcome.

Sorry to hear you have been having trouble with a hernia and your band.

Here is the link to the info you are looking for............

http://www.gastricsleevesupport.com/f38-from-band-to-sleeve

Wishing you all the best.
Back to top Go down
Wannabehealthy

Female
Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2011-11-22

Hiatus Hernia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hiatus Hernia   Hiatus Hernia EmptyThu 24 Nov 2011, 6:17 am

I have had my band removed in order to have the sleeve.I have done extensive research and the sleeve sounds like it is a better option for me than the sleeve.
I too now have that worry of no restriction over the Christmas period, the most tempting time of the year!
Back to top Go down
Tarzapan
Tarzapan

Female

Hiatus Hernia Empty
PostSubject: Hiatus Hernia   Hiatus Hernia EmptyThu 24 Nov 2011, 3:17 am

Well after months and months and months of increasing exercise, eating less, the weightloss not going anywhere and I have horrific reflux, have had a Barium Swallow (gross) and being on daily medication(Nexium) for reflux (working, but masking the problem), yesterday I saw my LapBand Dr for my general check up and he quickly got me in for a Gastroscopy by lunchtime.

Unfortunately, the bad news is I have a Hiatus Hernia and an issue with the band. Even though I hadn't eaten since 6.00pm the night before, by the time they did the scope @ 2.00pm the next day, their was still food above the band. So they have taken out all the fluid from band while I was under. So I have no restictions now. Scary thought. I have to be so careful now, and at the Festive Season too. Ouch...

So the bad news is, I have to go back in for surgery for them to repair the Hiatus Hernia and unfotunately they are going to remove the band. They wont know until in there, if the band can be removed and replaced in same operation or replaced at a later date (if at all possible).

So after 2 years of hard work and trying so bloody hard, it looks like my Banding journey is coming to an end. I'm absolutely guttered. So far i've lost 20+ kgs and would like to loose another 20kgs. the emotions are running high at the moment. Just guttered...

Can anyone offer me advice going from LapBand to Sleeve? We have already duscussed the option of Sleeving, but it is so major, I just don't know.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hiatus Hernia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hiatus Hernia   Hiatus Hernia Empty

Back to top Go down

Hiatus Hernia
Page 1 of 1