10 posters
AuthorMessage
carols
carols

Female
Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2011-11-17

can't stop eating Empty
PostSubject: Re: can't stop eating    can't stop eating EmptyFri 18 Nov 2011, 12:41 am

Hi Marg,

can't stop eating 446871

Well done you!!
Back to top Go down
margd
Top Poster
Top Poster
margd

Female
Number of posts : 2628
Registration date : 2011-09-09

can't stop eating Empty
PostSubject: Re: can't stop eating    can't stop eating EmptyFri 18 Nov 2011, 12:38 am

Well done on losing ten kilos already,i would hate not having my op because my liver was to big,but started on Jenny Craig again this morning as i did lose weight there before only to put it all back on again,so i am definately trying to do the right thing,i only have to do optifast for two weeks before so right after xmas i might get cracking on them,coming on to the forum every day helps to,especially stories like yours.
Back to top Go down
carols
carols

Female
Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2011-11-17

can't stop eating Empty
PostSubject: Re: can't stop eating    can't stop eating EmptyFri 18 Nov 2011, 12:27 am

Hi Marg,

I think we have all done this!! I did it, Kitchener Buns were my vice! BUT, when the surgeon told me he had to use the biggest liver retracter because my liver was soooo big during surgery and that the op took 3 hrs, then this was a big wake up call for me. I said to myself, now why did you do that? i was jeopodising my risks in surgery because I wasn't strict enough with myself. You are doing great! At least you are conscious of making things better for yourself before surgery! Well done! I am 2 weeks post op and have lost 10kg's. Hang in there babe, you can do it!!

Caz
Back to top Go down
margd
Top Poster
Top Poster
margd

Female

can't stop eating Empty
PostSubject: Re: can't stop eating    can't stop eating EmptyThu 17 Nov 2011, 11:03 am

You are all amazing people on here,the support is second to none,i have been a bit better the last couple of days,but still struggling,i would like to get ten kilos of before my op in feb,fingers crossed, i might try what Janette did,i started back at the gym today again,just treadmill and bike but its a start.
Back to top Go down
Asimov
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 360
Registration date : 2011-05-05

can't stop eating Empty
PostSubject: Re: can't stop eating    can't stop eating EmptyThu 17 Nov 2011, 9:33 am

Margd,

I did the same thing as you are doing now. A few months back when I knew that I would be setting a date sometime in November, I ran off the rails. On my way to and from work, there is no less than a Dominos, 2 KFC'c, McDonalds, Red Rooster, Hungry Jacks, Subway, 2 Fish and Chip shops, Yumi Noodles, Wok Me, Coffee Club, Pizza Capers, an old fashioned service station that does the trucker's breakfasts all day long - there's more but I just can't remember all of them! Every single chance I got, I stopped at one of these places on my way home from work and ate something before I came home and made dinner. Or I went and got something from one of those places for lunch, maybe twice a week - and I justified it by telling myself "soon I won't be able to do this anymore".
I did reach a point after about a month where the 'panic' eating slowed down and I realised that I couldn't and didn't want to carry on with it anymore and that what I was doing was making a bigger mess of my body and especially my liver and that eventually I would have to take responsibility for all the weight I gained and all the sh*t I'd eaten.
How you're feeling will pass and you will reach a stage where you feel more in control of what you are putting in your mouth!

Take care and don't be so hard on yourself!

Sarah xx
Back to top Go down
shelly25
Top Poster
Top Poster
shelly25

Female
Number of posts : 1776
Registration date : 2009-11-21

can't stop eating Empty
PostSubject: Re: can't stop eating    can't stop eating EmptyThu 17 Nov 2011, 8:58 am

yep the old self saboutage been there done that.

Hang in there

shelly
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

can't stop eating Empty
PostSubject: Re: can't stop eating    can't stop eating EmptyThu 17 Nov 2011, 7:59 am

My weight loss journey started once I had visited my GP.
I was a mess, in so much pain, couldn't work full time, etc

I did Lite n Easy for 3 months followed by Kate Morgan shakes the month before Opti and lost 16 kgs.

I knew anything I lost before my op would be gone forever and would make my surgery easier.

I didn't do the food funeral, that I had done the the previous 40 years LOL!!

You have to get your head around it.
I was determined once I found out about the sleeve and booked my surgery to give it my all.

Good luck.

can't stop eating 217555
Back to top Go down
margd
Top Poster
Top Poster
margd

Female

can't stop eating Empty
PostSubject: Re: can't stop eating    can't stop eating EmptyThu 17 Nov 2011, 7:20 am

I am so glad there are more people like me, your photo looks great., i am actually thinking about going back to Jenny Craig for the umpteenth time,even if i just do that untill xmas,i could get 5 kilos of instead of it going on,you have done well since your sleeve.
Back to top Go down
Kate + Mum (123katepink)
Part of the furniture
Kate + Mum (123katepink)

Female
Number of posts : 203
Registration date : 2010-07-14

can't stop eating Empty
PostSubject: Re: can't stop eating    can't stop eating EmptyThu 17 Nov 2011, 6:14 am

Try not to stress too much. I had a major food funeral, I put 10 kilos on during it lol.

I think its a normal thing, but try and not over do it too much.

I was a major chocoholic, anything sweet, major emotional binge eater.

I have no desire to eat anything sweet since being sleeved and I love my tiny tummy, just as you will too!

Back to top Go down
margd
Top Poster
Top Poster
margd

Female

can't stop eating Empty
PostSubject: Re: can't stop eating    can't stop eating EmptyThu 17 Nov 2011, 3:57 am

you have done really well with your weight,after reading a few bits and pieces on here i have been a bit better food wise,long my it continue
Back to top Go down
bintang
Part of the furniture
bintang

Female
Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2011-07-23

can't stop eating Empty
PostSubject: Re: can't stop eating    can't stop eating EmptyWed 16 Nov 2011, 11:12 am

I had my band out in April & was sleeved 2 1/2 weeks ago. I too was terrified of stacking on the weight during the 6 months pre sleeve. I did go through stages of eating whatever I wanted, then did opti (semi strict) for a week a couple of times over the 6 months. I then had to do opti properly for 2 weeks pre op. In the end I weighed slightly less on the day of my sleeve surgery compared to the day I had the band removed so I was pretty happy with that. I think it's only natural to want to eat food that you feel you will never be able to have again, but just try to do it in moderation.

All the best!
Back to top Go down
Mother Hen
Mother Hen

Female
Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2011-09-14

can't stop eating Empty
PostSubject: Re: can't stop eating    can't stop eating EmptyWed 16 Nov 2011, 10:31 am

Hi margd,

I know just how you feel, I have started to go nuts with eating. I seem to be hungry all the time. I have had my band out some weeks ago after it failed. The fluid was removed weeks prior to the band removal, so I have gained 10kg in a few months. I am due to be sleeved in January. Waiting so long for sleeve surgery is really playing on my mind and I desperately want to regain some control.

I guess to sum it all up, I constantly think and worry about the weight that I am gaining. A total snowball effect. On Sunday, I am going to start an early run with Opti and of yesterday, I feel I can gain some control back on the overeating. I am getting in a better frame of mind when I remember that it isn't too long before my operation. I think J is right. We have to gain a little control over our minds and chill out a bit.

Good luck.

Cheers, Mother Hen
Back to top Go down
margd
Top Poster
Top Poster
margd

Female

can't stop eating Empty
PostSubject: Re: can't stop eating    can't stop eating EmptyTue 15 Nov 2011, 8:06 am

i do need to try something,its like i have been given the right to eat anything i want,i only have to go on opti for two weeks,but i might try harder as i don't want to put mor weight on.
Back to top Go down
margd
Top Poster
Top Poster
margd

Female

can't stop eating Empty
PostSubject: Re: can't stop eating    can't stop eating EmptyTue 15 Nov 2011, 8:03 am

J wrote:
Its probably just nerves and your subconscious kicking in a little bit trying to eat all these foods you won't be eating for quiet a while.. And some you won't ever feel like eating again.

All I can suggest is you try relax.. read a book go do something to calm yourself, you're still 4-5 months away from your surgery you don't want to be going under heavier than you were when you first saw your surgeon.

You'll be ok it's all worth the journey :)

only three months don't make it any longer,its 14 feb 2012
Back to top Go down
Tash
Top Poster
Top Poster
Tash

Female
Number of posts : 1492
Registration date : 2011-03-30

can't stop eating Empty
PostSubject: Re: can't stop eating    can't stop eating EmptyTue 15 Nov 2011, 4:12 am

Way to go J. I must say your weight loss is AMAZING!  can't stop eating 542174
Back to top Go down
J
Part of the furniture
J

Male
Number of posts : 761
Registration date : 2010-08-04

can't stop eating Empty
PostSubject: Re: can't stop eating    can't stop eating EmptyTue 15 Nov 2011, 4:06 am

Yup I had to do Opti for 6-7 weeks in the end.. It sucked but I did lose about 20kgs from it.

Back to top Go down
Tash
Top Poster
Top Poster
Tash

Female
Number of posts : 1492
Registration date : 2011-03-30

can't stop eating Empty
PostSubject: Re: can't stop eating    can't stop eating EmptyTue 15 Nov 2011, 4:05 am

Oh yes I know this well as do many of us here pre sleeve. Some call it their food funeral. Anyway I did put on a few kilos before my surgery. But it all came off again soon enough once I started the opti. Also I only had about 6 weeks to wait. Try not to overdo it too much but I must say it is pretty hard to stop for some of us. Check out Barbie's Diary. She was amazing. She did some opti and exercised pre sleeve and lost weight before the surgery. Also some morbidly obese people have been put on opti for months before their surgeon will even operate.
Just do the best you can.
Take care
Tash xx
Back to top Go down
J
Part of the furniture
J

Male
Number of posts : 761
Registration date : 2010-08-04

can't stop eating Empty
PostSubject: Re: can't stop eating    can't stop eating EmptyTue 15 Nov 2011, 3:00 am

Its probably just nerves and your subconscious kicking in a little bit trying to eat all these foods you won't be eating for quiet a while.. And some you won't ever feel like eating again.

All I can suggest is you try relax.. read a book go do something to calm yourself, you're still 4-5 months away from your surgery you don't want to be going under heavier than you were when you first saw your surgeon.

You'll be ok it's all worth the journey :)
Back to top Go down
margd
Top Poster
Top Poster
margd

Female

can't stop eating Empty
PostSubject: can't stop eating    can't stop eating EmptyTue 15 Nov 2011, 2:56 am

Don't know what is wong with me i can't get myself on any sort of diet at the moment all i want to do is eat and sleep,this is only since i got my date for getting my sleeve done.Its driving me crazy as normally i would eat quite good,and go to the gym.Of late i have been only going to the gym a couple of days a week,every mornings its i have got be good today,and before i now it i'm stuffing my face.Has anyone else had this problem,help please

can't stop eating 697586
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

can't stop eating Empty
PostSubject: Re: can't stop eating    can't stop eating Empty

Back to top Go down

can't stop eating
Page 1 of 1