Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
feathers
feathers

Female
Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2013-01-11

My hell continued.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My hell continued..   My hell continued.. EmptySat 26 Jan 2013, 3:52 am

Hey Larns

I am new to this forum and haven't had my sleeve yet. Have been looking at "worst case scenarios" and I think yours pretty much wins.

I am so glad to have come in on the tail end of your story so that I can read of your success. I just visited your facebook page and saw your fantastic photos. From the very scary one where you are bundled up in that hospital bed with a bunch of machines around, to the amazing one showing how great you look (and the scars on your tummy hardly even show!)

I am so glad this has a happy ending.
Back to top Go down
lililei87

Female
Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2012-06-06

PostSubject: Re: My hell continued..   My hell continued.. EmptyThu 13 Sep 2012, 4:02 pm

Oh okay, I thought maybe they sent you home earlier. I was looking at your photos in the gallery and you look amazing, so to read this was a bit of a shock. You have come a long way and I think you're really resilient - even more brave of you to share this, so that people can know about good and bad experiences.
Back to top Go down
Larns5
Larns5

Female
Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2011-06-19

PostSubject: Re: My hell continued..   My hell continued.. EmptyThu 13 Sep 2012, 10:40 am

Hi,
I was in hospital for 3 days and once I was clear with the barium swallow test, keeping fluids down easily and all signs were good I was discharged right on track.
I'm not going to lie, it was a scary time.
Larns
Back to top Go down
lililei87

Female
Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2012-06-06

PostSubject: Re: My hell continued..   My hell continued.. EmptyThu 13 Sep 2012, 10:33 am

Have been reading your two threads and I'm not going to lie, it has scared the crap out of me. You have truly been through hell and back.

I have a question, how long were you in hospital for initially after you had your surgery?
Back to top Go down
Larns5
Larns5

Female

PostSubject: Re: My hell continued..   My hell continued.. EmptyWed 12 Sep 2012, 1:44 pm

I just wanted to thank this forum and its amazing members.
I have had many people contact me in regards to my story, which I am more than happy to share. The more t is ''out there'' hopefully the more aware and educated each person will be when it comes time to take the plunge.
Thankfully what happened to me does not happen often.
Thankfully I have lived to tell my tale.
The rawness of some of the posts and the vulnerability that I felt during that time must hit some people hard, and I urge you to contact me with any questions should you be questioning or doubting your decision.

Again Thank you all very very much for your support and well wishes in my recovery. Although it has been a year, it is all still very very clear in my mind and If I can help anyone in anyway, I will.

-Larns :0)
Back to top Go down
sssss
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2844
Registration date : 2010-03-12

PostSubject: Re: My hell continued..   My hell continued.. EmptyThu 02 Aug 2012, 3:32 pm

Congrats on your 1year sleevaversary Alana. It's been such a huge year for you and your family...I'm glad things are much better now than they were...and wish you continued healing, health and happiness.

S
Back to top Go down
glenmaree
Part of the furniture
glenmaree

Female
Number of posts : 745
Registration date : 2011-05-22

PostSubject: well done   My hell continued.. EmptyTue 31 Jul 2012, 11:58 pm

Hi Larns

Congrats on the weight loss and the sleeversary. It has been a long road for you and I am glad it is paying off for you.

G
Back to top Go down
Kateh (Bluedog)
Part of the furniture
Kateh (Bluedog)

Female
Number of posts : 1159
Registration date : 2011-10-04

PostSubject: Re: My hell continued..   My hell continued.. EmptyTue 31 Jul 2012, 11:31 am

G'day Larns so wonderful to hear your are doing "well" Good on you for being positive after the horror run you & your family have had. Good luck with the rest of your journey.
Hugs
K
Back to top Go down
Larns5
Larns5

Female

PostSubject: Re: My hell continued..   My hell continued.. EmptyTue 31 Jul 2012, 11:17 am

Hi guys, well tomorrow is my 1 year sleeve-i-versary.
I have made it and I am currently 42.6kg lighter.
I am trying to post a before and after pic but for the life of me cant remember how!
Im still not a huge advocate of the procedure, the internal wounds (ie, trauma) isnt going away quite as quickly as i would have hoped.
I really do thank each and every one of you that has helped me along the way.
I dont get on here much anymore, but I do welcome you to my Facebook page.. Larns tubby to terrific. https://www.facebook.com/Larns5

Cheers :0)
Larns
Back to top Go down
gottarhyme
Top Poster
Top Poster
gottarhyme

Female
Number of posts : 3826
Registration date : 2011-02-22

PostSubject: Re: My hell continued..   My hell continued.. EmptySat 31 Mar 2012, 9:26 am

What a fantastic story! I hope you are compensated.

By the way, you LOOK amazing! TV stardom suits you!
Back to top Go down
yodacat
yodacat

Female
Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2011-07-27

PostSubject: Re: My hell continued..   My hell continued.. EmptyFri 23 Mar 2012, 5:24 am

Alana, I have been following your posts/story for awhile now. You are an amazing woman and I have no doubt that your happy positive and fighting disposition has helped you alot to get through your unbelievable experience (along with family etc).
Well done you!
Back to top Go down
Larns5
Larns5

Female

PostSubject: Re: My hell continued..   My hell continued.. EmptyWed 21 Mar 2012, 12:51 pm

Hi Bex,
Yeah Dr Russell is pretty amazing. I would use him again in a heart beat.
Good luck! Its such a long wait, but well worth it.
I wish you nothing but the best of luck. Xo
Back to top Go down
Bex
Part of the furniture
Bex

Female
Number of posts : 449
Registration date : 2012-01-16

PostSubject: Re: My hell continued..   My hell continued.. EmptyWed 21 Mar 2012, 12:48 pm

Hi Alana I seen you on TV the other night my husband was a bit freaked out but Dr Russell told me about you also, I'm having surgery in August and I think I'm going to stay that extra night in Rocky rather than drive back to gladstone, thanks so much for sharing your story I now know to ring the surgeon rather than risk getting the wrong doctor here if something goes wrong I'm so glad your on the mend :):)

Last edited by Bex on Wed 21 Mar 2012, 12:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
glenmaree
Part of the furniture
glenmaree

Female
Number of posts : 745
Registration date : 2011-05-22

PostSubject: you look fabulous   My hell continued.. EmptyTue 20 Mar 2012, 11:14 am

Hi Alana

You look amazing and good on you for reporting the Dr - you have made me feel bad because I need to do the same - will work on it tomorrow - thanks for the prompting
Back to top Go down
vanderaj
Part of the furniture
vanderaj

Male
Number of posts : 498
Registration date : 2011-10-09

PostSubject: Re: My hell continued..   My hell continued.. EmptyTue 20 Mar 2012, 11:07 am

You are looking great, despite everything. Good for you for standing up for yourself.

Andrew
Back to top Go down
http://www.greebo.net
margd
Top Poster
Top Poster
margd

Female
Number of posts : 2628
Registration date : 2011-09-09

PostSubject: Re: My hell continued..   My hell continued.. EmptyTue 20 Mar 2012, 9:48 am

Great to see you looking so well.
Back to top Go down
angelpenny
angelpenny

Female
Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2011-10-03

PostSubject: Re: My hell continued..   My hell continued.. EmptyTue 20 Mar 2012, 9:00 am

Alana, good on you. I'm very glad to see you looking so well.

I forgot to say that we have the same surgeon. He was very honest with me and told me he currently had a lady who was at home with a feeding tube due to a leak. He wanted me to know they do happen and statistically will happen again. He was genuinely concerned about your situation and wanted me to be prepared.

I am so pleased you are doing well.

Take care.

Last edited by angelpenny on Tue 20 Mar 2012, 10:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Larns5
Larns5

Female

PostSubject: Re: My hell continued..   My hell continued.. EmptyTue 20 Mar 2012, 8:05 am

So i was in the media yesterday...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7y_WMS4Ee4&noredirect=1

Thought you may like to see.
Cheers
Larns
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female
Number of posts : 3316
Registration date : 2011-11-18

PostSubject: Re: My hell continued..   My hell continued.. EmptyFri 09 Mar 2012, 12:06 pm

keeping a diary/journal would be a great thing for yourself and family to look back on. If you wanted to go down the publishing route go for it, there are plenty of opinions.

Love what you said about your hubby. My hubby died 5 yrs ago and he was a great man like yours. Looked after me when I was sick etc (long stories...). I like reading about how there are many good men out there and who knows I may have a chance again one day.

Thanks for sharing :)
Back to top Go down
Melinda38
Part of the furniture
Melinda38

Female
Number of posts : 441
Registration date : 2011-09-26

PostSubject: Re: My hell continued..   My hell continued.. EmptyFri 09 Mar 2012, 7:17 am

Go for it! At least write it and than if the publishers dont want it you'll still have it!
Back to top Go down
Larns5
Larns5

Female

PostSubject: Re: My hell continued..   My hell continued.. EmptyFri 09 Mar 2012, 5:35 am

Hi.
Im thinking of writing a book. What do you think?
Lots of people say that I should...

Smiles
Larn.
Back to top Go down
Larns5
Larns5

Female

PostSubject: Re: My hell continued..   My hell continued.. EmptySat 18 Feb 2012, 2:20 am

Thanks Ladies!

I hope that the information and my experience is shared through the community of sleeve minded people, and heaven forbid should this happen to anyone else, but I will be here understanding their every emotion.
Life is a lot easier at the moment.. although financially the costs of it all make me feel like I am drowning, but money is not everything.

Loads of love

Alana
Back to top Go down
Ellen50
Ellen50

Female
Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2012-01-21

PostSubject: Re: My hell continued..   My hell continued.. EmptySat 18 Feb 2012, 1:22 am

My goodness Alana, you've been to hell and back girl! You've hit that speed bump at 200klms but have managed to come out the other end ok and begin your journey again.

Thanks for sharing such an inspirational story of your life.

Warm regards

Ellen

My hell continued.. 120705
Back to top Go down
http://www.stores.ebay.com.au/extremeshoppingonline
Hannah
Part of the furniture
Hannah

Female
Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2010-09-19

PostSubject: Re: My hell continued..   My hell continued.. EmptyTue 31 Jan 2012, 11:31 pm

Hi Alana
What and ordeal you have had to deal with. I am so pleased all is on the up for you. Congrats with the uni acceptance - you will do wonderfully.
Sounds like you have a GREAT hubby. May all good things come your way this year.
Take Care
Christa
Back to top Go down
Larns5
Larns5

Female

PostSubject: Re: My hell continued..   My hell continued.. EmptyTue 31 Jan 2012, 10:31 pm

6 MONTHS today.....
The longest most guelling, most traumatic, most exciting, most dissapointing, most learning, most accepting, most painful months of my life.
Thank you everyone for your words of encouragement and support. You have helped in ways you will never understand.
Loads and loads of love
Alana
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My hell continued..   My hell continued.. Empty

Back to top Go down

My hell continued..
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next