AuthorMessage
SloJo
Part of the furniture
SloJo

Female
Number of posts : 203
Registration date : 2011-05-23

Mater Misericordiae Hospital - Rockhampton Qld Empty
PostSubject: Mater Misericordiae Hospital - Rockhampton Qld   Mater Misericordiae Hospital - Rockhampton Qld EmptyWed 28 Sep 2011, 2:24 pm

I haven't had surgery yet, but just wondered if anyone would like to commet on Rocky Mater and their experiences as I know there are quite a few of Dr Russell patients on the forum. I've been going through their admission info and it seems they have their stuff together.

Last edited by SloJo on Wed 28 Sep 2011, 2:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SloJo
Part of the furniture
SloJo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Mater Misericordiae Hospital - Rockhampton Qld   Mater Misericordiae Hospital - Rockhampton Qld EmptyWed 28 Sep 2011, 2:25 pm

Hi Moderators, can you please remove my 2 blank messages on this topic if possible?

Thanks, Jodi

Last edited by SloJo on Wed 28 Sep 2011, 10:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SloJo
Part of the furniture
SloJo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Mater Misericordiae Hospital - Rockhampton Qld   Mater Misericordiae Hospital - Rockhampton Qld EmptyWed 28 Sep 2011, 2:29 pm

Hi Moderators could you possible remove my 2 blank posts from this topic please.
Thanks, Jodi
Back to top Go down
benbelle

Female
Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2011-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Mater Misericordiae Hospital - Rockhampton Qld   Mater Misericordiae Hospital - Rockhampton Qld EmptySun 16 Oct 2011, 7:33 am

Had my surgery on the 26th.

The staff at this hospital are awesome, would highly recommend it. I spent 2 days in the HDU and the nurses in there were brilliant, they are a caring lot and no task is to hard for them.
Back to top Go down
SloJo
Part of the furniture
SloJo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Mater Misericordiae Hospital - Rockhampton Qld   Mater Misericordiae Hospital - Rockhampton Qld EmptyTue 18 Oct 2011, 9:39 am

Well 1 week after my surgery and I can now comment on my topic LOL.

I have nothing but good things to say about the entire experience at the mater last week. Where do I start : the pre-op staff the day prior to op were very friendly and informative, the anaesthetist Dr Mahmood was very nice (and thorough).

Day of Op all staff including admin were extremely friendly. And all nurses were very comforting and reassuring (maybe because I had claustrophobic written on my chart?).

Transferred straight to CM2 ward afternoon of the operation and the nurses were absolutely lovely. Didn't hesitate to make my stay the most comfortable possible, answered all my ridiculous questions etc.etc.

Would recommend this hospital to everyone.
Back to top Go down
Asimov
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 360
Registration date : 2011-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Mater Misericordiae Hospital - Rockhampton Qld   Mater Misericordiae Hospital - Rockhampton Qld EmptyTue 29 Nov 2011, 1:25 am

Hi SloJo,
I am assuming that you've had your surgery - hope it all went well. I was sleeved about 2 weeks ago at the Mater in Rockhampton by Dr Andrew Russell. For me, there were a few hiccoughs on the day of surgery. My admission paperwork was lost and I had to re-do it, and Dr Russell had added a 'semi-emergent' case to the front of his list that day. I was originally the first on the list until the addition. I didn't get down to theatres until after 6pm as the first case took so long. I understand that this was out of anyone's control and I wasn't cranky about it, the nurses made sure that we were all kept informed throughout the day and when I saw Dr Russell just prior to the procedure, he apologised profusely for the delay.
The nursing staff were fabulous to me over the 4 days I was in hospital and no request I made made for assistance was too much of a bother for them and I saw Dr Russell daily until I was discharged. Everybody I spoke with at the hospital was fabulous. I kind of expected a bit of judgement from people because I was having weight loss surgery (my own paranoia), but never encountered anything like this.
Based on my own patient experience, I would like to nurse at the Mater if the opportunity arises.
I have no issues with the quality of care provided.
Cheers, Sarah
Back to top Go down
Larns5
Larns5

Female
Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2011-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Mater Misericordiae Hospital - Rockhampton Qld   Mater Misericordiae Hospital - Rockhampton Qld EmptyFri 16 Dec 2011, 9:32 am

In my experience both Dr Russell, his staff and the hospital staff were absolutely wonderful and i would most certainly use him again and the hospital.

My experience after i left was not so great and I ended up with a leak and the Base hospital at Rocky especially the ICU, were absolutely brilliant.
Back to top Go down
rexy01
rexy01

Female
Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2012-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Mater Misericordiae Hospital - Rockhampton Qld   Mater Misericordiae Hospital - Rockhampton Qld EmptyWed 13 Feb 2013, 11:57 am

[quote="SloJo"]Well 1 week after my surgery and I can now comment on my topic LOL.

I have nothing but good things to say about the entire experience at the mater last week. Where do I start : the pre-op staff the day prior to op were very friendly and informative, the anaesthetist Dr Mahmood was very nice (and thorough).

Day of Op all staff including admin were extremely friendly. And all nurses were very comforting and reassuring (maybe because I had claustrophobic written on my chart?).

Transferred straight to CM2 ward afternoon of the operation and the nurses were absolutely lovely. Didn't hesitate to make my stay the most comfortable possible, answered all my ridiculous questions etc.etc.

Agree with everything you have said. One week post op and hubby went in today. All staff at the Mater were exceptional and no request was too trivial. I had some very caring and compassionate nurses caring for me. One crushed my panadol for me in the middle of the night because previously it hurt to swallow.

Mahmood was lovely and had a joke with me on the way to theatre - put me at rest with his relaxed manner. Dr Russell came to visit everyday to check on my progress - he also was a caring soul who was happy to answer any question. I cannot fault the staff at the Rocky Mater at all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mater Misericordiae Hospital - Rockhampton Qld   Mater Misericordiae Hospital - Rockhampton Qld Empty

Back to top Go down

Mater Misericordiae Hospital - Rockhampton Qld
Page 1 of 1