Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Saw my surgeon today... let the LONG wait begin.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
mammabear25
Part of the furniture
mammabear25

Female
Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2011-08-06

Saw my surgeon today... let the LONG wait begin. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saw my surgeon today... let the LONG wait begin.   Saw my surgeon today... let the LONG wait begin. EmptyTue 27 Sep 2011, 2:27 pm

Well done,

Would love to have gone for the public system but found no doctor that would do it:( only the gastric bypass so it was PHI for me and the waiting period went quickly...it also gave me time to save for my outta pocket expenses.....
Back to top Go down
Jaime
Part of the furniture
Jaime

Female
Number of posts : 1024
Registration date : 2010-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Saw my surgeon today... let the LONG wait begin.   Saw my surgeon today... let the LONG wait begin. EmptyTue 27 Sep 2011, 9:19 am

Hey Lizzard

Good luck with your wait ... it will go super fast. I waited 12 months for my PHI etc and was finally sleeved last week. It doesn't feel like I waited over a year.

Lucky you for getting on the public wait list ... back when I took out PHI, there was no public list here for it, or else I would have done the same thing lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Saw my surgeon today... let the LONG wait begin.   Saw my surgeon today... let the LONG wait begin. EmptyTue 27 Sep 2011, 3:22 am

So today I had my appt with the surgeon to be sleeved through the public health system.

He has agreed to do the sleeve, was VERY happy with the reasearch i've done and what I know about it etc.. (THANKS!).

I have to get a barrium swallow, blood tests and a gastroscopy thingy done but he's said I just need to count down the months.

I of course asked "how many months are we talking about?" and he said it's around 12 more months before my surgery day.(so really is 12 -18 months all up like they said). There is a chance it could be SLIGHTLY less - depending how many people do follow through with their surgeries as apparently people cancel for all sorts of reasons which could shorten the list somewhat.

Of course i'm sad that I have to be this way for a whole year more, but i'm happy to know that is JUST one more year and not 30 or 40 more years!!

So i'll likely move into "lurker" mode now - get on with living the life I have now, and join back in a few months before my actuall surgery date :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saw my surgeon today... let the LONG wait begin.   Saw my surgeon today... let the LONG wait begin. Empty

Back to top Go down

Saw my surgeon today... let the LONG wait begin.
Page 1 of 1