8 posters
AuthorMessage
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female
Number of posts : 5909
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Today Tonight - Friday 8th July - 7pm - "Fatter than fat" Discrimination Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Today Tonight - Friday 8th July - 7pm - "Fatter than fat" Discrimination Story   Today Tonight - Friday 8th July - 7pm - "Fatter than fat" Discrimination Story EmptyTue 12 Jul 2011, 6:44 am

I found a link to the story in her blog.

It is http://au.todaytonight.yahoo.com/article/9811238/none/obesity-humiliation

Good on her!!!
Back to top Go down

Today Tonight - Friday 8th July - 7pm - "Fatter than fat" Discrimination Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Today Tonight - Friday 8th July - 7pm - "Fatter than fat" Discrimination Story   Today Tonight - Friday 8th July - 7pm - "Fatter than fat" Discrimination Story EmptyTue 12 Jul 2011, 4:33 am

Yes, she is a wonderful strong person. The old quote, that which does not kill us makes us stronger, is so appropriate here.

Zoe
Back to top Go down
kellyjmiddlebrook
kellyjmiddlebrook

Female
Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2011-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Today Tonight - Friday 8th July - 7pm - "Fatter than fat" Discrimination Story   Today Tonight - Friday 8th July - 7pm - "Fatter than fat" Discrimination Story EmptyMon 11 Jul 2011, 12:31 pm

WOW! I just pored over this blog. Amazing the idiocracy of some people. It's a shame to think we have to breathe the same air as cruel and uneducated people such as these. What a sensational, dignified and strong woman!
Back to top Go down
belladingo
belladingo

Female
Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2010-12-01

PostSubject: Link?   Today Tonight - Friday 8th July - 7pm - "Fatter than fat" Discrimination Story EmptySun 10 Jul 2011, 10:45 am

Is there a link to the show I missed it and would love to see it
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Today Tonight - Friday 8th July - 7pm - "Fatter than fat" Discrimination Story   Today Tonight - Friday 8th July - 7pm - "Fatter than fat" Discrimination Story EmptySun 10 Jul 2011, 2:47 am

Yeah, you're right Fishy! LOL Should have thought of that!
As for peoples' comments - it really does take all types, doesn't it? LOL
Back to top Go down
PiercedMumma08
Top Poster
Top Poster
PiercedMumma08

Female
Number of posts : 1702
Registration date : 2010-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Today Tonight - Friday 8th July - 7pm - "Fatter than fat" Discrimination Story   Today Tonight - Friday 8th July - 7pm - "Fatter than fat" Discrimination Story EmptySun 10 Jul 2011, 1:22 am

TraceyD wrote:
Has anyone read the comments from people on Stephs blog? I'm just gobsmacked!
This one in particularly "Do really fat people do really big poo poo's?"
I mean SERIOUSLY!!!

I guess there is always one seriously twisted idiot no matter where you go, what website you go to.

What an idiot.
Back to top Go down
TraceyD
Part of the furniture
TraceyD

Female
Number of posts : 268
Registration date : 2010-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Today Tonight - Friday 8th July - 7pm - "Fatter than fat" Discrimination Story   Today Tonight - Friday 8th July - 7pm - "Fatter than fat" Discrimination Story EmptySat 09 Jul 2011, 11:44 pm

Has anyone read the comments from people on Stephs blog? I'm just gobsmacked!
This one in particularly "Do really fat people do really big poo poo's?"
I mean SERIOUSLY!!!
Back to top Go down
100%-er
Top Poster
Top Poster
100%-er

Female
Number of posts : 1217
Registration date : 2011-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Today Tonight - Friday 8th July - 7pm - "Fatter than fat" Discrimination Story   Today Tonight - Friday 8th July - 7pm - "Fatter than fat" Discrimination Story EmptyFri 08 Jul 2011, 8:17 am

I think these type of 'current affairs' shows are shown at different times according to whether you are in the country or city....
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female

PostSubject: Re: Today Tonight - Friday 8th July - 7pm - "Fatter than fat" Discrimination Story   Today Tonight - Friday 8th July - 7pm - "Fatter than fat" Discrimination Story EmptyFri 08 Jul 2011, 8:07 am

If it's today tonight, isn't that on at 6.30?
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female

PostSubject: Re: Today Tonight - Friday 8th July - 7pm - "Fatter than fat" Discrimination Story   Today Tonight - Friday 8th July - 7pm - "Fatter than fat" Discrimination Story EmptyFri 08 Jul 2011, 7:20 am

Just had a look at the link - and the comments that went with it. Some people are just plain nasty!!!
Will record the show and watch later...
Back to top Go down
fatcath
Part of the furniture
fatcath

Female
Number of posts : 251
Registration date : 2011-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Today Tonight - Friday 8th July - 7pm - "Fatter than fat" Discrimination Story   Today Tonight - Friday 8th July - 7pm - "Fatter than fat" Discrimination Story EmptyFri 08 Jul 2011, 7:02 am

Thanks Tracey,

I will watch with interest, as Im always in awe of anyone who got their lap band to actually do its job. Good on her for standing up for herself...it really is a skinny persons world sometimes!

Love cath x
Back to top Go down
TraceyD
Part of the furniture
TraceyD

Female
Number of posts : 268
Registration date : 2010-09-06

PostSubject: Today Tonight - Friday 8th July - 7pm - "Fatter than fat" Discrimination Story   Today Tonight - Friday 8th July - 7pm - "Fatter than fat" Discrimination Story EmptyFri 08 Jul 2011, 4:44 am

http://movingforwardlookingforward.blogspot.com/2011/07/i-did-have-my-vent-and-it-was-loud.html

A beautiful friend of mine, Stephanie will be on TT tonight with a story about the troubles she has catching public transport in Melbourne. She is taunted every day by people because of her size and she has decided to stand up for herself and show she is human like everyone else, regardless of her size.
Her story was in MX magazine (which I think is a commuter magazine in Melbourne) yesterday and she has been getting phone call after phone call from Media about her story.
Some of you have followed my weight loss journey and found me an inspiration, if you follow Steph and hear her story, you will be even more inspired.
Its disgusting and heartbreaking to read some of the comments she receives from people (even left on her blog). But I am so proud of her for sharing her story.
She has lost over 50kg after having lap band surgery just after I had my gastric sleeve surgery. She is doing amazing.
Just wanted to share her story with you all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Today Tonight - Friday 8th July - 7pm - "Fatter than fat" Discrimination Story   Today Tonight - Friday 8th July - 7pm - "Fatter than fat" Discrimination Story Empty

Back to top Go down

Today Tonight - Friday 8th July - 7pm - "Fatter than fat" Discrimination Story
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: General Chat-
Jump to: