Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
munderwood

Female
Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2011-05-25

Hello from Auckland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Auckland   Hello from Auckland EmptySat 18 Jun 2011, 8:41 am

Lorelei wrote:
It's funny how you just get to a point in your life where there appear to be no more options but to undertake something major like this. I get sleeved on 4 July so am in my last weekend of eating real food before embarking on my opti experience for two weeks. I hope you are feeling better and that the operation wasn't too awful. I am in Auckland as well but getting the operation done privately with Dr Stephanie Ulmer. Bizarrely I am too fat for society but borderline for surgery. High blood pressure and a BMI of 35 has helped me convert this opportunity. I am still having moments of "what am I doing??" but I can no longer diet. Am so tired of thinking about food (though it appears I will be doing this more and more - but in a different way...) and how I look and how I am perceived as a person... Hopefully this site with help us through what I guess will sometimes be challenging times..

I know what you mean when suddenly food doesn't matter anymore but time has gone, you are the size of a small house and people look down their noses at you. I was lucky as I have a slim face with cheekbones but a bmi of 40. now down to 37 so on the go..Good luck with your sleeve. How many weeks do you have to do the optifast for? I did it for 23 days in total. was difficult but stick with it. Started eating sensibly the week before. All good. Let me know how you get on.
Back to top Go down
Lorelei

Female
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2011-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Auckland   Hello from Auckland EmptySat 18 Jun 2011, 5:41 am

It's funny how you just get to a point in your life where there appear to be no more options but to undertake something major like this. I get sleeved on 4 July so am in my last weekend of eating real food before embarking on my opti experience for two weeks. I hope you are feeling better and that the operation wasn't too awful. I am in Auckland as well but getting the operation done privately with Dr Stephanie Ulmer. Bizarrely I am too fat for society but borderline for surgery. High blood pressure and a BMI of 35 has helped me convert this opportunity. I am still having moments of "what am I doing??" but I can no longer diet. Am so tired of thinking about food (though it appears I will be doing this more and more - but in a different way...) and how I look and how I am perceived as a person... Hopefully this site with help us through what I guess will sometimes be challenging times..
Back to top Go down
munderwood

Female
Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2011-05-25

PostSubject: Hello from Auckland   Hello from Auckland EmptySat 18 Jun 2011, 3:00 am

Recently joined this forum for support in the upcoming months. I am post op sleeve. Four days now. I was fortunate enough to have it done by Counties Manukau DB as I have struggled with my weight most of my adult life. With the onset of type 11 diabetes I knew there was time to do something.
I am pretty active and always on the go but never really enough time for me. This is all about to change.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Auckland   Hello from Auckland Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello from Auckland
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: