AuthorMessage
spoggy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2479
Registration date : 2010-10-01

Newbie: Just starting the Journey..... Empty
PostSubject: hello from spoggy in Melbourne   Newbie: Just starting the Journey..... EmptyWed 25 May 2011, 8:27 am

Hello and welcome, I think we have chatted on chat. Hope to catch you again. You have found a good place for support and information.
Back to top Go down
gottarhyme
Top Poster
Top Poster
gottarhyme

Female
Number of posts : 3826
Registration date : 2011-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Newbie: Just starting the Journey.....   Newbie: Just starting the Journey..... EmptyTue 24 May 2011, 10:40 am

Hi Jed! I have been sleeved for nearly two and a half months, and getting the sleeve was the best thing I ever did! I am a teacher, and when I decided to get the sleeve over the band, I thought most about CONVENIENCE. One the sleeve is done, thats it. No fills, no intrusive procedures, or time off work, or extra costs. I can eat what I want, without worrying that it will get 'stuck' in the band, and as the 'hunger inducing hormone', grehlin, is removed with the sleeve, I no longer feel like I am STARVING all the time!

I feel great, and have lost over 59% of my excess weight in just 9 weeks!

I LOVE MY SLEEVE!
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Newbie: Just starting the Journey.....   Newbie: Just starting the Journey..... EmptyTue 24 May 2011, 9:52 am

Hi Jed

Welcome to the forum.

I was sleeved nearly 18 months ago, love it.
Am now happy, healthy and loving life.
I had no complications, no vomiting, and reached my goal in 8 months.

Good luck with your decision and journey.

Newbie: Just starting the Journey..... 217555 Newbie: Just starting the Journey..... 217555
Back to top Go down
sassysmum
Part of the furniture
sassysmum

Female
Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 2011-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Newbie: Just starting the Journey.....   Newbie: Just starting the Journey..... EmptyMon 23 May 2011, 5:36 am

Welcome Jed,
and good luck with your research. This is a great site for info, as many people have had different experiences. It's interesting to note that Australia is the last of the developed nations to still have a high percentage of bands done, most have now opted for the sleeve or other procedures, but mostly sleeves. Fewer complications, a more manageable food regime, and a better long term outcome.
But do lottsa research. Knowledge is empowerment.
I am three weeks post sleeve, and began by looking at gastric band or balloon, I'm glad I didn't go either of those ways. I returned to work last week, eating normal foods, just small amounts, have lost 10% of my body weight, very happy, and am beginning to see why people say "I love my sleeve".
cheers sassysmum
Back to top Go down
Tash
Top Poster
Top Poster
Tash

Female
Number of posts : 1492
Registration date : 2011-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Newbie: Just starting the Journey.....   Newbie: Just starting the Journey..... EmptyMon 23 May 2011, 4:42 am

Newbie: Just starting the Journey..... 355206 Hi Jed. Good on you for taking the plunge. So many people here prefer the sleeve me included. Lots of people have problems with the band and end up having to have two more surgeries. One to remove it and one to get the sleeve. Much better option and less maintenance and better diet afterwoods.
Anyway welcome and enjoy looking around the forum. You will find out lots.
All the best of luck to you.
Tash
Back to top Go down
justjed
justjed

Female
Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2011-05-18

PostSubject: Newbie: Just starting the Journey.....   Newbie: Just starting the Journey..... EmptyMon 23 May 2011, 3:53 am

Hi my name is Jed and I live in the south west of western australia. I thought I would introduce myself here as a way to begin my journey to a thinner happier me Newbie: Just starting the Journey..... 473426 . So firstly a bit about myself, I am 39, married with 3 teenage sons which I juggle with working and studying part time. I have also been struggling with my weight for years and have finally decided enough is enough and its time to REALLY do something about it long term. Newbie: Just starting the Journey..... 487524 So I have been to see the surgeon who will do my surgery and basically am at the point where I need to decide which surgery is best for me, the sleeve or the band. I have to say, so far my preference seems to be for the sleeve. But there is alot I need to find out so I can convince the Dr at my next appointment as I have heard he prefers the band. Anyway thats enough from me for now, I'm very glad to be here and to have the opportunity to talk to you all in the future about your experiences with the band.

Bye for now
Jed Newbie: Just starting the Journey..... 618285
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newbie: Just starting the Journey.....   Newbie: Just starting the Journey..... Empty

Back to top Go down

Newbie: Just starting the Journey.....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: