Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Thyriod Levels - Anyone had success with thyriod problems?

Go down 
+5
Emily
comet
pippa
Anna
Peta
9 posters
AuthorMessage
psychomum
psychomum

Female
Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2011-04-18

Thyriod Levels - Anyone had success with thyriod problems? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thyriod Levels - Anyone had success with thyriod problems?   Thyriod Levels - Anyone had success with thyriod problems? EmptyThu 26 May 2011, 3:20 pm

WTG you all sound like you are doing fabulously :) Good luck for the 1st of June, I hope we are all crowing about reaching our goals in whatever time it takes.
I take 150mg of thyroxine daily and I have had my thyroid removed. I've lost 11k in six weeks not counting the 2, I put on in hospital after the sleeve so 13k in all. It was so hard to maintain my weight before the sleeve, it was a constant battle, now I feel I can look forward to dropping the 30k I blame my thyroid for helping me gain! I can say from looking at loads of the tickers, everyone is different and that's a good thing, we night not all loose the weight as fast as one another, but we are loosing and that is such a gooooooooood feeling. Look forward to hearing of your progress, if your having a downer log in so we can cheer you up.....GL
Back to top Go down
Countrygirl
Part of the furniture
Countrygirl

Female
Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2008-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Thyriod Levels - Anyone had success with thyriod problems?   Thyriod Levels - Anyone had success with thyriod problems? EmptyFri 20 May 2011, 4:34 am

I take 200mg oroxine daily. I don't think that it affected my weightloss. I know if I didn't eat some of the crap I still eat now my weight would go down a bit but I have lost 32kgs and fit into a size 8-10 and look and feel healthy. I am happy at this weight. I eat what I want when I want and have stabalized for 8 months. Lifes good.
Back to top Go down
rowdy
Part of the furniture
rowdy

Female
Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2011-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Thyriod Levels - Anyone had success with thyriod problems?   Thyriod Levels - Anyone had success with thyriod problems? EmptyThu 19 May 2011, 3:16 am

I had borderline thyroid levels and the endocrinologist put me on thyroxine 125mcgs dly as we were starting fertility treatment and mothers need to produce enough thyroxine for her and baby as babies donot produce own till post birth (??)
I have remained on thyroxine ..lost nearly 22 kgs in 8 weeks and will keep on it and get Thyroid function tests done in 4-6 months to make sure levels are not too high
good luck low thyroid levels suck...and are not fair
marg
Back to top Go down
Beckstar77
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 214
Registration date : 2011-01-01

PostSubject: Re: Thyriod Levels - Anyone had success with thyriod problems?   Thyriod Levels - Anyone had success with thyriod problems? EmptyWed 18 May 2011, 10:50 pm

I also have hashimotos and it took a loong time to get my levels right. I take 200 mg daily of thyroxine and I think my losses have been awesome! I was worried it would be slower as well but am very happy with my results thus far. I was sleeved on the 30 th march and since then have lost 11.6kg. I lost 5 kg on opti before that, so a total of 16.6kg in about 8-9 weeks.
Very pleased. This will work for you.
Since getting diagnosed with under active thyroid I gained about 30-35kg but it's just melting off now!
Good luck
Rebecca
Back to top Go down
Emily
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 1180
Registration date : 2010-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Thyriod Levels - Anyone had success with thyriod problems?   Thyriod Levels - Anyone had success with thyriod problems? EmptyWed 18 May 2011, 10:59 am

Well, yes, you'll probably have problems losing if you're acutely hypothyroid. Having thyroid problems shouldn't hurt your weight loss providing it's actually well treated and your levels are good.
Back to top Go down
comet

Female
Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2010-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Thyriod Levels - Anyone had success with thyriod problems?   Thyriod Levels - Anyone had success with thyriod problems? EmptyWed 18 May 2011, 9:07 am

I have hashimotos ( hypothyroidism ) so my losses are slower than others. I thought because I have so much to lose it would happen quick, it hasn't but it is still going down
Back to top Go down
Peta
Peta

Female
Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2011-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Thyriod Levels - Anyone had success with thyriod problems?   Thyriod Levels - Anyone had success with thyriod problems? EmptyWed 18 May 2011, 8:59 am

Thanks for that info. I know that it will take me a bit longer than everyone else, but this is it for me. I have tried absolutely everything imaginable. This is the last resort to feel normal again. I hope that you are right Anna, and this time it won't come back on. I have no trouble with following a good diet. That has always been the frustrating part for me. I do excercise and I eat well, but nothing happens on the scales.

Anyway, onward and up! I've got my new sleeve date for 1 June now.

Thanks again.
Back to top Go down
pippa
Part of the furniture
pippa

Female
Number of posts : 431
Registration date : 2010-09-29

PostSubject: Re: Thyriod Levels - Anyone had success with thyriod problems?   Thyriod Levels - Anyone had success with thyriod problems? EmptyWed 18 May 2011, 8:14 am

Anna - thanks for the reminder that we thyroid sufferers should be patient! My loss of 10 kilos is so puny compared to the guys who've lost 50+ in the same 6 months! But I was a recent bandit so had already lost close to 30 over the 3 years before(10 of which went back on in the three months of not being banded or sleeved) so I guess that has something to do with it! Only 10 more to go and I'll be extatic!
Good luck to you and Peta on your journeys xoxox
Pippa
Back to top Go down
Anna

Female
Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2010-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Thyriod Levels - Anyone had success with thyriod problems?   Thyriod Levels - Anyone had success with thyriod problems? EmptyTue 17 May 2011, 11:36 pm

Hi Peta

I too have thyroid problems and on medication. My doctor told me that yes it will be successful but maybe just a little harder than most. I am now 18 months post op and have lost 42kg I only have another 13 to go and no it has not been an easy road as I have had to watch everything i eat and started exercising from about 2 months out.

But I am 42kg lighter and I know that it will never come back. Sure there are days after reading of the fantastic results in just 12 months that I wish it were me but its not and am hoping that by the end of this year will be in for my nip and tuck.

Yes it will work and it will stay off. Unless you make bad food choices everyday which we all have our bad days but it is so easy to get back on track.

Anna
Back to top Go down
Peta
Peta

Female
Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2011-04-10

PostSubject: Thyriod Levels - Anyone had success with thyriod problems?   Thyriod Levels - Anyone had success with thyriod problems? EmptyTue 17 May 2011, 8:17 am

I had my Anethatist apt today. He had a look at my most recent thyriod levels and told me that because they are borderline - he would prefer it if I moved my surgery back at least another week. He said that if my levels plummet from where they are during/after surgery that it could be very serious.

I am now stressing out even more about this surgery. Is this really going to work for me with my thyriod problems? In the last 4-5 years I have been able to lose 30kg twice - only to put it all back on (the last time - last year - in record time).

I am so tired and stressed out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thyriod Levels - Anyone had success with thyriod problems?   Thyriod Levels - Anyone had success with thyriod problems? Empty

Back to top Go down

Thyriod Levels - Anyone had success with thyriod problems?
Page 1 of 1