AuthorMessage
melpaulned
Part of the furniture
melpaulned

Female
Number of posts : 1034
Registration date : 2010-06-22

Reading  to help maintain weight loss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reading to help maintain weight loss   Reading  to help maintain weight loss EmptyThu 19 May 2011, 12:37 pm

hope you find it helpful janette
let me know what you think
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Reading to help maintain weight loss   Reading  to help maintain weight loss EmptyThu 19 May 2011, 11:59 am

I have ordered 'overcoming overeating' by jane hirschmann and carol munter from Borders.

Can't wait for it to arrive to start reading it.
Back to top Go down
spoggy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2479
Registration date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: hello from spoggy in Melbourne   Reading  to help maintain weight loss EmptyThu 19 May 2011, 11:17 am

That book sounds good Deb. Thanks for telling us about the book. It is worth investigating and little helps in the big picture.

I will se if our library has it.
Back to top Go down
roadtripmama

Female
Number of posts : 183
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Reading to help maintain weight loss   Reading  to help maintain weight loss EmptyThu 19 May 2011, 4:45 am

Hey Spoggy,

Before I had the op I read 'Weight loss for food lovers' by a Brisbane based obesity psychiatrist who works out of the Wesley Weight Loss centre. It was a bit naff but VERY good at making you feel OK about not being able to stick to a diet!! Apparently its normal psychologically not to be able to diet...nothing to do with being a failure or not having will power...I liked that!

Anyway, a lot of his eating principles also seem to follow that book that was titled something like 'French women dont get fat??' I'm thinking I might borrow that from the library as it was all based around eating what you want(ish) but in small portions...just like the French....and enjoying life.

I think I can stick to the small portion thing now.

Deb
Back to top Go down
sassysmum
Part of the furniture
sassysmum

Female
Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 2011-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Reading to help maintain weight loss   Reading  to help maintain weight loss EmptyMon 16 May 2011, 12:41 pm

I have been using the Gabriel method for a year or more. He is a guy who lives in W.A. (formerly from the US) and had his own battles with weight and dropped a huge amount of weight, just by understanding his body. His book (and CD's and other stuff) is called the Gabriel method. Reading his work was the first time I really understood the relationship between my instinctive animal brain function and how it plays out in my body when dealing with 21 Cent stress. I have found it immensely helpful. He has also lots of very helpful information about nutrition.

The CD's that have been mentioned are sensational relaxation material which you listen to at night. It helps to reorient your thinking (sort of like very helpful brainwashing) ... and will absolutely put you to sleep in an instant (which is what is supposed to happen).

I also have Paul McKenna material which I use during the day when I can fit in a quick "zone out". it is all good to keeping the stress levels under control. And for me the stress levels are the killer for staying on track.

cheers to all
sassysmum
Back to top Go down
pippa
Part of the furniture
pippa

Female
Number of posts : 431
Registration date : 2010-09-29

PostSubject: Re: Reading to help maintain weight loss   Reading  to help maintain weight loss EmptyMon 16 May 2011, 9:28 am

I found a calorie counting book (not kj's as they mean nothing to me, just like I weigh in stones as kg's are elastic!) and notebook helped me to realise what was sneaking in... especially the two flat white coffees on friday... so I've gone back to recording and counting everything - including the hot chocolates, wine and yummy cheese and bikkies!

I also listen to Paul McKenna on my ipod at night if I can't sleep. I have his calm, sleepless, eatless and anti anxiety cd's. I'm just a mess really - those titlles say it all. The only one I don't listen to anymore is the give up smoking one... I gave up just over a year agfo (yay me!!!!).

hope this helps xox

Pippa
Back to top Go down
100%-er
Top Poster
Top Poster
100%-er

Female
Number of posts : 1217
Registration date : 2011-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Reading to help maintain weight loss   Reading  to help maintain weight loss EmptyMon 16 May 2011, 9:01 am

Good topic Spoggy, we all need some motivation/inspiration at times.

Kylie enough or anyone who knows.... what is the Gabriel method? Is it a proven form of healthy living? I know I can google, and I probably will, but I would like to know what other sleevers think of it.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Kylie enough
Kylie enough

Female
Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2010-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Reading to help maintain weight loss   Reading  to help maintain weight loss EmptyMon 16 May 2011, 3:42 am

HI Everyone
I still read The Gabriel Method as it help to remind myself and i listen to the disk at nights to help me sleep when i need it.
Back to top Go down
melpaulned
Part of the furniture
melpaulned

Female
Number of posts : 1034
Registration date : 2010-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Reading to help maintain weight loss   Reading  to help maintain weight loss EmptyMon 16 May 2011, 3:34 am

Hi girls
I'm reading 'overcoming overeating' by jane hirschmann and carol munter - i've been writing a little about it in my blog - it's great!

i was having a bad time with bingeing a little bit back so bought a whole heap of books from amazon - this one is the one that i've started with and i really like it

xxx
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Reading to help maintain weight loss   Reading  to help maintain weight loss EmptyThu 12 May 2011, 12:28 pm

Sounds good, let my know when you find one, battling at the moment.
Back to top Go down
spoggy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2479
Registration date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Reading to help maintain weight loss   Reading  to help maintain weight loss EmptyThu 12 May 2011, 10:26 am

Has anyone found a book that helps inspire, keep in line, have faith in yourself, that you can keep your weight off?

Or a book that feeds the soul.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reading to help maintain weight loss   Reading  to help maintain weight loss Empty

Back to top Go down

Reading to help maintain weight loss
Page 1 of 1