AuthorMessage
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
DBFiveGirl
DBFiveGirl

Female
Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2010-09-25

Calorie Counting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Calorie Counting   Calorie Counting EmptyFri 28 Jan 2011, 1:16 pm

Hey there

I've not had the operation yet so I'm not sure what your surgeon or their dieticians would recommend but I'd guess it's the same principle as with any weight loss. You may have already come across www.calorieking.com.au. You can log your eating on there using the food database. You can also use the tools on there to get an idea of how many calories you should be eating to lose weight, factoring in your activity level etc.

Typically I've read that you oughtn't reduce your daily calories to less than 1,200 to lose weight. You can consume more than that and still lose weight depending on your level of daily activity and size. Up until 18 months ago I'd lost 90 kgs over about 2.5 years - at my lowest I was about 85 kgs and trying very hard to stick to 1,200 calories a day whilst also doing a lot of exercise. And I found it very difficult to eat that little consistently.

I must say though I get the impression from some of the diaries on here that some people who've been sleeved have consistent daily intakes of well below 1,200 calories. I don't know whether that means that you ought to be eating fewer cals than if you weren't sleeved or whether it is simply because, for these people at least, they can readily restrict their intake below that level.

While I was losing the weight a couple of years ago I had a couple of dexa body scans done with an exercise physiologist in Sydney. The scans allow for a very accurate calculation of your body fat versus muscle, skeleton, organs etc. He uses the results to calculate what your calorie intake should be and also what sort of training you should be doing according to how much muscle mass you have. His recommendations to me the last consult I had with him when I was around 92 kgs was to aim to eat 1,200 calories a day Monday-Friday and 1,800 calories a day Saturday and Sunday. I was very active at the time, doing at least an hour of spin class, running or weights training four or five times a week and a 80-120 km ride on Sundays. It worked. To the point where my dietician told me I was losing weight too quickly. After that I started relaxing my eating a little....and here I am fat again. Anyway, pick a starting point and give it a couple of weeks. Then if you're not seeing results, tweak it a little. I like the idea of varying your intake at some point during the week - it may help keep your metabolism guessing.

BTW from your stats it looks like you are making wonderful progress:)!

K
xx

Back to top Go down
http://absolutelygutless.blogspot.com/
footprints

Female
Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2010-07-06

Calorie Counting Empty
PostSubject: Calorie Counting   Calorie Counting EmptyFri 28 Jan 2011, 12:23 pm

Does anyone here calorie count? I worry a lot about whether I'm eating too much food, particularly as my weight loss has slowed down. I'd like to start calorie counting, but i'm not sure what number to aim for. Did anyone's doctor tell them what number of calories they should be eating about six months out?

I think I'm going to ring my doctor to find out. I'd really love to stop being anxious all the time about whether I'm overeating!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Calorie Counting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Calorie Counting   Calorie Counting Empty

Back to top Go down

Calorie Counting
Page 1 of 1