AuthorMessage
spoggy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2479
Registration date : 2010-10-01

Knee operation after Sleeve Empty
PostSubject: hello from spoggy in Melbourne   Knee operation after Sleeve EmptyFri 28 Jan 2011, 9:35 am

I have not been in this situation but would imagine you will be ok. May be get some protein bars, small ones, and some gelatein from the band buddies site, this has 20 grams of protein in it. (A medical jelly) there is more than one way of getting protein into yourself. Everyone is different on the food they can eat. I at least have one protein bar, small 100 cals and 10g protein and a gelatein 20g prtotein and 60 cals every day. I do not get hungry and found that I was not having enough protein and was losing muscle mass. So you can add to your intake until you can eat it with normal food. It is just a temporary phase.
The protein bars i use are Protein fx, you can get them from the supermarket or the health food shop.

I am sure you will be able to adapt to your body's needs.

Good luck.
Back to top Go down
lindabinda
Top Poster
Top Poster
lindabinda

Female
Number of posts : 1884
Registration date : 2009-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Knee operation after Sleeve   Knee operation after Sleeve EmptyFri 28 Jan 2011, 6:08 am

I haven't been in the same situation BUT iI doubt your ability to lose weight will be affected at that stage.
You will more than likely be eating so little it won't make a difference at all. Remember to take your vitamins though and to let your surgeon and hospital staff know. You will need vitamins to heal.
Good luck!
Linda :)
Back to top Go down
overit

Female
Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Knee operation after Sleeve   Knee operation after Sleeve EmptySun 09 Jan 2011, 1:25 pm

Hi all,

Im booked in for my sleeve on the 11th Feb and i cant wait!!!

Im then having surgery on my knee on the 28th March, where i will be in a brace for at least 6 weeks.....

I cant wait to have the sleeve and be able to exercise....

My questions are:

1) Has anyone been in a similar situation?
2) Will my ability to loose weight in the 6 weeks i wont be able to exercise be majorly affected????

Thanks in advance
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Knee operation after Sleeve   Knee operation after Sleeve Empty

Back to top Go down

Knee operation after Sleeve
Page 1 of 1