Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Please List What You Have Noticed Happening Since Surgery (good or bad)

Go down 
+26
Deb
ozpatty
chook00
*Lib*
Caz
Kyles
FaddingAway
Magic Princess
KahunaLou
Kaili
Angelprana
tracefromspace
newlife
ang
kittycat
suze100
Shanna
charmaz
Donna-lee
Jezzybel
ssteph2342
bigbugger71
sue
nicolev1969
chrisbychic
holly369
30 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
*Lib*
Top Poster
Top Poster
*Lib*

Female
Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2009-03-31

Please List What You Have Noticed Happening Since Surgery (good or bad) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please List What You Have Noticed Happening Since Surgery (good or bad)   Please List What You Have Noticed Happening Since Surgery (good or bad) EmptySun 19 Dec 2010, 10:33 pm

Caz wrote:
My husband tells me how proud of me he is.
My daughters tell me how proud of me they are.
I am the lightest one in the family now.
I look in mirrors all the time (vain cow that I am).
I love buying clothes.
I take way longer to get ready for work because of all the clothes to choose from that actually look good!!!
I have way more energy.
I eat good stuff most of the time.
If I decide to have a chocolate or icecream or something, no-one looks at me and judges the fat cow eating fat food.
I get checked out by guys (although I rarely notice - but hubby points it out to me bless his heart).

And best of all, I know this is for the rest of my life.
Me too Caz. My husband is a stick, the other day my daughter was watching me put my jeans on, and said why don't you try daddy's jeans on.....they were too big!!! Please List What You Have Noticed Happening Since Surgery (good or bad) 65317
Back to top Go down
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female
Number of posts : 5909
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Please List What You Have Noticed Happening Since Surgery (good or bad)   Please List What You Have Noticed Happening Since Surgery (good or bad) EmptySun 19 Dec 2010, 8:01 pm

My husband tells me how proud of me he is.
My daughters tell me how proud of me they are.
I am the lightest one in the family now.
I look in mirrors all the time (vain cow that I am).
I love buying clothes.
I take way longer to get ready for work because of all the clothes to choose from that actually look good!!!
I have way more energy.
I eat good stuff most of the time.
If I decide to have a chocolate or icecream or something, no-one looks at me and judges the fat cow eating fat food.
I get checked out by guys (although I rarely notice - but hubby points it out to me bless his heart).

And best of all, I know this is for the rest of my life.
Back to top Go down
thankana
Part of the furniture
thankana

Female
Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2010-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Please List What You Have Noticed Happening Since Surgery (good or bad)   Please List What You Have Noticed Happening Since Surgery (good or bad) EmptySun 19 Dec 2010, 7:23 pm

Grieving. No matter how much you prepare yourself you wont be prepared for the grief. It hit me like a ton of bricks.
Back to top Go down
zara
zara

Female
Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2010-12-01

PostSubject: Re: Please List What You Have Noticed Happening Since Surgery (good or bad)   Please List What You Have Noticed Happening Since Surgery (good or bad) EmptySun 19 Dec 2010, 1:57 pm

I haven't had my rings on for some time I can't wait until I can get them adjusted smaller and start wearing them again, they are loose so I don't dare put them on for fear of losing them. I think these are some of the really exciting things.
I have hair down to below my waist I am going to go and get it chopped back to a better length I will call it short for (me) at just past my shoulders but I think a new hair cut will be great
Can't wait to keep chucking the horrible clothes out
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Please List What You Have Noticed Happening Since Surgery (good or bad)   Please List What You Have Noticed Happening Since Surgery (good or bad) EmptySat 18 Dec 2010, 9:09 pm

1. My wedding ring and anniversary ring clink together because they are loose.
2. I miss not being to take long drink of milk.
3. I really have to mind not eating quickly or I get a stomach ache.
4. My hair really fell out like a thunderstorm for about three months, but that has stopped now that I am more than seven months out.
5. Coffee makes my stomach sour.
6. My eyelids droop over my eyelashes, and I am having surgery for this in January. I actually taped up the loose skin last night, as it is getting distracting.

Zoe
Back to top Go down
zara
zara

Female
Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2010-12-01

PostSubject: Re: Please List What You Have Noticed Happening Since Surgery (good or bad)   Please List What You Have Noticed Happening Since Surgery (good or bad) EmptyWed 15 Dec 2010, 10:20 am

My clothes are getting too big for me I couldn't be happier about that

I am so much happier in life

I am a healthier person because of my sleeve Yah Me!
Back to top Go down
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female

PostSubject: Re: Please List What You Have Noticed Happening Since Surgery (good or bad)   Please List What You Have Noticed Happening Since Surgery (good or bad) EmptyFri 22 May 2009, 4:23 am

My company arranged skin checks for us a couple of weeks ago. It is quite confronting having to get your gear off in front of a doctor in a meeting room!!!

All clear though - but he didn't ask what in the hell my scars were which surprised me.
Back to top Go down
Deb
Sponsor
Deb

Female
Number of posts : 1924
Registration date : 2008-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Please List What You Have Noticed Happening Since Surgery (good or bad)   Please List What You Have Noticed Happening Since Surgery (good or bad) EmptyFri 22 May 2009, 3:54 am

I know I did Mama. I am several years overdue for a skin check because I was to scared to get my gear off and lie on the table while they put a camera on every freckle or spot. This is in spite of the fact that I have had a pre-cancerous growth removed in the past. Come to think of it, must book in.
Back to top Go down
Mama
Sponsor
Mama

Female
Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Another thought   Please List What You Have Noticed Happening Since Surgery (good or bad) EmptyFri 22 May 2009, 2:05 am

I wondered how many of us neglect other aspects of our health when we are overweight. In the last few weeks I've finally gone to the dermatologist, made appts with the surgeon to have some skin lesions removed AND have a date with the dentist (which I'm phobic about). I'm even gearing up for a pap smear and mammogram which are years overdue. All seems a bit more manageable now ....

Mama
Back to top Go down
Mama
Sponsor
Mama

Female
Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Please List What You Have Noticed Happening Since Surgery (good or bad)   Please List What You Have Noticed Happening Since Surgery (good or bad) EmptyTue 19 May 2009, 12:06 pm

After 3 and a half months:
1. I'm finding it hard to break very very old food habits like eating quickly when I'm hungry, and tasting while I'm cooking - sometimes can't eat anything else by the time I dish it up.
2. I get an ache in my left shoulder when I eat too much or too fast.
3. My head thinks that I still like sweet things but I don't.
4. I used to take an anti-inflammatory for body aches and pains - haven't needed one since the op.
5. Most nights I sleep right through - NEVER happened before.
6. I walk and sit differently - take longer strides, and the sitting is harder to describe ... but I can bring my feet up onto the chair if I want to. Feels younger ...
7. I've noticed how many things I like doing are food related and I'm trying to find different ways of interacting with friends - such as going for a walk rather than meeting for lunch.
8. I get anxious when people invite us to their house for a meal - you can leave food in a restaurant but it's harder to do in a friend's home.

There's lots more - too many to bore you with ...

Mama
Back to top Go down
Deb
Sponsor
Deb

Female

PostSubject: Re: Please List What You Have Noticed Happening Since Surgery (good or bad)   Please List What You Have Noticed Happening Since Surgery (good or bad) EmptyTue 19 May 2009, 5:47 am

Congratulations on getting back into the hiking Lou. Hope you had a good time. Glad your meal prep and planning went well too.
Back to top Go down
FaddingAway
Part of the furniture
FaddingAway

Female
Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Please List What You Have Noticed Happening Since Surgery (good or bad)   Please List What You Have Noticed Happening Since Surgery (good or bad) EmptyMon 18 May 2009, 11:42 pm

Oh Patty don't be sorry for number 12.
It has improved so much for me too Please List What You Have Noticed Happening Since Surgery (good or bad) 2329
oh and turn on those lights Please List What You Have Noticed Happening Since Surgery (good or bad) 487524
Back to top Go down
KahunaLou
KahunaLou

Male
Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2008-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Please List What You Have Noticed Happening Since Surgery (good or bad)   Please List What You Have Noticed Happening Since Surgery (good or bad) EmptyMon 18 May 2009, 5:40 pm

BM = Bowel Movement as opposed to BMI which is Body Mass Index

Here's something that I noticed this past weekend. I went backpacking with the Boy Scouts (haven't done that for about 6 years because of the weight) and I weighed my backpack to make sure that it was properly set up. To weigh it, I got on the scale without it to get my base weight, then put it on, then weighed myself again.

What I realized is with the backpack on, I still weighed less than what I weighed a year ago at this time! Then realizing that I was carrying this and more around 24/7!

We hiked in to the campsite from the trailhead about 5km and it sure felt different after taking that backpack off!!

What a wonderful feeling and incentive to stay on track!

The other thing I found is that the protein-based items make for great backpacking meals and are much more satisfying (either that or I simply didn't need to pack as much to satisfy my appetite). I took pre-packaged chicken breast, tuna, and salmon and a supply of protein bars to supplement between. Easy heating up and clean-up (put the packages in boiling water to heat up the meats, or simply eat them directly from the bags). MUCH better than the carb-based meals I used to plan and cook!
Back to top Go down
allieswans
Part of the furniture
allieswans

Female
Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2009-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Please List What You Have Noticed Happening Since Surgery (good or bad)   Please List What You Have Noticed Happening Since Surgery (good or bad) EmptyMon 18 May 2009, 2:13 pm

silly question - but whats BM's?
Back to top Go down
Deb
Sponsor
Deb

Female

PostSubject: Re: Please List What You Have Noticed Happening Since Surgery (good or bad)   Please List What You Have Noticed Happening Since Surgery (good or bad) EmptyMon 18 May 2009, 1:52 pm

No noises when I burp anymore. Just a little pfft as the air escapes. I haven't found anyone else that has had this happen since the surgery.
Back to top Go down
ozpatty
ozpatty

Female
Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2009-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Please List What You Have Noticed Happening Since Surgery (good or bad)   Please List What You Have Noticed Happening Since Surgery (good or bad) EmptyMon 18 May 2009, 12:53 pm

Hi everyone,
Well, where do I begin ?
1. I love the fact that I can do a 5 km walk and not feel puffed out.
2. My fingers have also lost weight and I can now wear a ring that my grandmother gave me.
3. Clothes that were too tight and now loose on me.
4. Still trying to get used to that discomfort feel when you get full.
5. Used to love water as well but can only drink diet rite cordial (Cranberry and Boysenberry - Yum)
6. I'm not snoring anymore and sleepign a hell of a lot better...
7. Not taking diabetes medication anymore.
8. Happily knowing that weight that I lose now will NEVER come back..... ( yeeehaaa )
9. Compliments coming in fast and plenty.
10. Not getting sweaty too easily anymore, and like Lib I'm also feeling the cold......lol
11. Can't get over how often I now burp........lol
12. Sorry to say this but Sex is even feeling better now...... Please List What You Have Noticed Happening Since Surgery (good or bad) 557634
13. Not having to hide myself anymore and feel embarassed..
14. Still getting used to having very small amounts and loving it !
The list just goes on.........and wow, the amazing feeling that comes with it is FANTASTIC.

Please List What You Have Noticed Happening Since Surgery (good or bad) 63412

Hope you are all doing great
Trish
Back to top Go down
http://www.tickerfactory.com/weight-loss/wTMLGtu/
chook00
Part of the furniture
chook00

Female
Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2008-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Please List What You Have Noticed Happening Since Surgery (good or bad)   Please List What You Have Noticed Happening Since Surgery (good or bad) EmptyMon 18 May 2009, 12:08 pm

In answer to what have I noticed:
I feel so much better than I ever imagined, my bad ankle is now good.
I have just given 2 bags of clothes to charity - so I feel good aout that and finally I am keeping the recession from hitting Perth by spending every spare cent on clothes that fit.
Worst point and I hate to admit it, but I cook a fantastic meal and can hardly eat any...sometimes it doesn't feel fair, but if thats the worst problem I have I think I should stop complaining!!
Chook
Back to top Go down
*Lib*
Top Poster
Top Poster
*Lib*

Female
Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2009-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Please List What You Have Noticed Happening Since Surgery (good or bad)   Please List What You Have Noticed Happening Since Surgery (good or bad) EmptyMon 18 May 2009, 12:00 pm

1. I am feeling the cold - BIG TIME! I have a nana rug to put over my knees at work.
2. I walk with more confidence.
3. I dont like water, I prefer cordial, I used to love water.
4. Chocolate doesn't really appeal to me anymore.
5. I didn't expect to have reflux, when I have never had it before.
6. I can't believe that I have lost in 6 weeks, over 12kg. Without this is wouldn't have been possible.
7. The smell of food makes me feel sick
8. At the moment I have feel sick like morning sickness
9. I am losing weight evenly, my ankles are no longer swollen, my knee caps are sticking out
10. I know now I can do this!!
Back to top Go down
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female

PostSubject: Re: Please List What You Have Noticed Happening Since Surgery (good or bad)   Please List What You Have Noticed Happening Since Surgery (good or bad) EmptyMon 18 May 2009, 11:19 am

I feel like I'm standing taller - and that my neck is longer. I'm sure that is because all the blubber around my shoulders is evaporating slowly.

But don't feel taller - just feel like I'm standing taller.
Back to top Go down
nicolev1969
Top Poster
Top Poster
nicolev1969

Female
Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Please List What You Have Noticed Happening Since Surgery (good or bad)   Please List What You Have Noticed Happening Since Surgery (good or bad) EmptyMon 18 May 2009, 10:37 am

just thought i would bring this thread up again....

Something that i have really noticed recently is that i feel taller....is that weird or what. But that is really how i feel.

Does anyone else feel like this since they have lost weight????

Nicole
Back to top Go down
nicolev1969
Top Poster
Top Poster
nicolev1969

Female

PostSubject: Re: Please List What You Have Noticed Happening Since Surgery (good or bad)   Please List What You Have Noticed Happening Since Surgery (good or bad) EmptyFri 05 Dec 2008, 1:18 am

kaili, thanks for the reply, my dr said the same the other day, there is not much you can do and that it should sort itself out as my weight levels out. She also said that it may have something to do with my low b12 levels.

fadding, i take 1 centrum a- zinc a day and 1 calicum. I did buy some b12 the other day but my dr said that because of the op that the b12 wont be absorbed so its no use. After im retested in jan and my levels are still low then i will have to have 3 monthly b12 injections.
Back to top Go down
Kaili
Part of the furniture
Kaili

Female
Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2008-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Please List What You Have Noticed Happening Since Surgery (good or bad)   Please List What You Have Noticed Happening Since Surgery (good or bad) EmptyTue 02 Dec 2008, 12:45 pm

Re the hair falling out...

I spoke to my surgeon about it today and he said that despite what people say, there isn't actually much you can do about it. But, theoretically it should 'plateau' a bit when the weight loss does.
Back to top Go down
FaddingAway
Part of the furniture
FaddingAway

Female
Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Please List What You Have Noticed Happening Since Surgery (good or bad)   Please List What You Have Noticed Happening Since Surgery (good or bad) EmptyMon 01 Dec 2008, 4:27 pm

Nicole what Vitiams do you take?
Back to top Go down
Kyles
Part of the furniture
Kyles

Female
Number of posts : 932
Registration date : 2008-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Please List What You Have Noticed Happening Since Surgery (good or bad)   Please List What You Have Noticed Happening Since Surgery (good or bad) EmptyMon 01 Dec 2008, 4:00 am

Think of all that incidental exercise Nicole!!!

I'd love to want to dance...lol One day...just maybe one day Please List What You Have Noticed Happening Since Surgery (good or bad) 89269
Back to top Go down
nicolev1969
Top Poster
Top Poster
nicolev1969

Female

PostSubject: Re: Please List What You Have Noticed Happening Since Surgery (good or bad)   Please List What You Have Noticed Happening Since Surgery (good or bad) EmptyMon 01 Dec 2008, 3:07 am

my hair is falling out also.....and i dont think it has anything to do with the length kaili as mine is already short.
Geez my bathroom has more hair than me....no not really, but i guess im lucky that io have thick hair and can afford to lose some....but i hope not too much.

I went to the cinema the other night and i said to my hubby while laughing.....have they made these seats bigger.

Im also going on a plane mid january so im looking forward to not being squashed up in the little seats.

I went to a 50th party on saturday night...it was dress up ( 60's) i went as one of the pink ladies from grease ( i will post some photos) I felt great and i danced all night ....something i would not have done before as i would have felt like everyone was looking at the fat girl dancing. I had a great time, my legs were sore yesterday from all the dancing...lol

Nicole
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Please List What You Have Noticed Happening Since Surgery (good or bad)   Please List What You Have Noticed Happening Since Surgery (good or bad) Empty

Back to top Go down

Please List What You Have Noticed Happening Since Surgery (good or bad)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: