AuthorMessage
skinnygreyhound
Part of the furniture
skinnygreyhound

Female
Number of posts : 969
Registration date : 2011-04-16

chronic fatigue syndrome/Fibromyalgia Empty
PostSubject: Re: chronic fatigue syndrome/Fibromyalgia   chronic fatigue syndrome/Fibromyalgia EmptyMon 09 Jan 2012, 8:19 am

Yes! I could of course be in a remission now! But Ill take it whilst it here!! I do understand the screaming agony ! definitely and also the horrendous fog of the mornings I think it gets me when Im weak physically - and when I'm well now I am in a better stronger position to keep it at bay.
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: chronic fatigue syndrome/Fibromyalgia   chronic fatigue syndrome/Fibromyalgia EmptyMon 09 Jan 2012, 5:02 am

I have fibromyalgia - suspected around 4 years ago, but diagnosed only last year.

I had my sleeve op 3.5 years ago.

The fibro pain was so bad several months ago that I was in 'screaming agony' - I'm sure you'll understand what I mean by that. My doc diagnosed me, and put me on to a drug called endep, which meant I had to change meds totally, as I was already on anti-depressants, and endep are an anti-depressant also. It took quite some time to change over, but the pain level is definitely reduced - especially in the mornings, which, as you know, is often the worst time for fibro.

As far as I'm concerned, the sleeve op had no effect on the fibro, or vice-versa. But, of course, everyone's different.
Back to top Go down
skinnygreyhound
Part of the furniture
skinnygreyhound

Female
Number of posts : 969
Registration date : 2011-04-16

PostSubject: Re: chronic fatigue syndrome/Fibromyalgia   chronic fatigue syndrome/Fibromyalgia EmptySun 08 Jan 2012, 3:17 am

I was sleeved almost five months ago- with rheumatoid arthritis, and fibromyalgia I lived on drugs!- ooh two amytriptalline at night on top of voltaren paracetamol anything i could get my hands on...I am now back running since making the decision to do this I have lost 53 kilos ( still have 17 to go!) I still have pain- some days are bad - when its raining! or Ive run a lot- BUT it is manageable and I can deal with it emotionally I am more resilient and feel empowered in charge of myself rather than feeling pathetic and sad- now i sound a bit of a nut job! I guess that constant pain does that to you...I feel in charge of my life now and apart form a cold in October I have not taken any pain killers at all - then I took some coldrex so i could keep going to work! If it gets bad now I have a warm bath/ hot shower, go to bed early, get a rub from my daughter who can do a mean hand massage ( I have had my wrist repaired and this is the worse pain)
I do believe that the weightloss has helped both physically - carrying less weight is better for the body, but also psychologically- I feel more confident and capable
good luck:)
Back to top Go down
Harmony

Female
Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2011-04-28

PostSubject: Re: chronic fatigue syndrome/Fibromyalgia   chronic fatigue syndrome/Fibromyalgia EmptySat 07 Jan 2012, 11:25 am

Hi I have chronic fibromyalgia and I was sleeved April last year. Symptoms improved for a while (maybe the euphoria of losing weight lol) but now and then it comes back pretty intense but after losing 32.1kgs is easier to cope with. Hope that helps??
Back to top Go down
AmandaJ

Female
Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2010-06-22

PostSubject: chronic fatigue syndrome/Fibromyalgia   chronic fatigue syndrome/Fibromyalgia EmptySat 27 Nov 2010, 4:34 am

Just wondering if anyone who has CFS/FM been sleeved?

I am just wondering if there are any complications?

TIA

Amanda-Jane
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: chronic fatigue syndrome/Fibromyalgia   chronic fatigue syndrome/Fibromyalgia Empty

Back to top Go down

chronic fatigue syndrome/Fibromyalgia
Page 1 of 1