AuthorMessage
AliKat
Part of the furniture
AliKat

Female
Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2010-07-23

Found a Multivitamin I can swallow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Found a Multivitamin I can swallow   Found a Multivitamin I can swallow EmptyWed 17 Nov 2010, 8:27 am

I was taking Centrom & Herron Daily Vegetable as I was worried that just a Multi wouldn't be enough considering I barely eat any vegetables or fruit ... I found a new Multi "Nature's Way - Super Nutrients Women" which includes five blends - Multi, Power Herbs, Power Nutrients, Super Fruits and Super Greens.

Now, I haven't had a look at everything to compare if they are the same or if Nature's Way does have a few extra to help compensate for the lack of vegetables and fruit I just can't fit in. When I get around to comparing them, I'll post again. But I found this tablet not too big and easy to swallow.

http://www.naturesway.com.au/vitamin.asp?productID=112

Cheers,

Alison.
Back to top Go down
Carrie
Top Poster
Top Poster
Carrie

Female
Number of posts : 2601
Registration date : 2009-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Found a Multivitamin I can swallow   Found a Multivitamin I can swallow EmptyTue 16 Nov 2010, 8:45 am

Thanks so much for that, those elephant sized multi-v's are the bane of my life. I'm going to look for yours when I run out of mine and, if the ingredients are comparable, I'll be trying them.

Cheers - Carrie
Back to top Go down
ru32day

Female
Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2010-08-29

PostSubject: Found a Multivitamin I can swallow   Found a Multivitamin I can swallow EmptyMon 15 Nov 2010, 11:56 am

...had to share

AT LAST after trying so many different types of multivitamins I was beginning to think I was funding the entire industry, I have found a multivitamin that is slim and relatively small. It is also film coated and very easy to swallow.

Herron Natural Essentials Multivitamin (Everyday Nutrition All-in-one multi vitamin & mineral formula).

http://www.herron.com.au/Products/Colds-and-Flu/Multi-Vitamin
Back to top Go down
kold78
Part of the furniture

Male
Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2010-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Found a Multivitamin I can swallow   Found a Multivitamin I can swallow EmptyMon 15 Nov 2010, 10:55 am

I take elivit yes the pregnacy ones..... higher in iron and zinc, swallow them whole not a problem, but I can also swallow 2 capsules and 2 fish oil tab in one mouthful.
Back to top Go down
Ozzieloz
Part of the furniture
Ozzieloz

Female
Number of posts : 747
Registration date : 2010-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Found a Multivitamin I can swallow   Found a Multivitamin I can swallow EmptyMon 15 Nov 2010, 8:57 am

Hi All
Thankana I was advised to take Nutrachew because they were the best and most easily digested for us banders or sleevers.
I am not overly impressed with the taste, but I am still taking them, and don't mind them too much.
I just wish I can do the same with food over time - take it because it's good for me, not for the taste!

I think as long as you take a good balanced multivitamin that should suffice.
Best wishes
Loz
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Found a Multivitamin I can swallow   Found a Multivitamin I can swallow EmptyMon 15 Nov 2010, 7:27 am

My dietician recommended I get Nutrichew, so I bought a 3 months supply.
I had no probs with them, bit like Vit. C chewables.

But they are pricey, so changed to Natures Own Mega Potency Women's Multivitamin's which you can pick up quite cheaply from Chemist Warehouse when on special.

All my bloods have been fine, not lacking in anything, so will keep taking these.

Back to top Go down
myeverest
Part of the furniture
myeverest

Female
Number of posts : 434
Registration date : 2010-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Found a Multivitamin I can swallow   Found a Multivitamin I can swallow EmptyMon 15 Nov 2010, 7:05 am

I've been taking superdyn....the stuff you disolve in water. I can only get half of it in before my mouth starts watering as if I'm going to vomit and my tummy feels all bleurk! haven't taken it for a couple of days.
I see the dietitican on thursday so will ask if i can take something else this early out from sleeve. ie. something i can swallow whole.
Back to top Go down
mapmar
Top Poster
Top Poster
mapmar

Female
Number of posts : 2342
Registration date : 2009-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Found a Multivitamin I can swallow   Found a Multivitamin I can swallow EmptyMon 15 Nov 2010, 4:55 am

I take calcium with vit D and minerals. Also Centrim Recharge ... had recent bloods and all of my vitamen levels are great!
Back to top Go down
Natty14
Natty14

Female
Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2010-08-10

PostSubject: Nutrichew is disgusting! Who is else is taking it?   Found a Multivitamin I can swallow EmptyMon 15 Nov 2010, 4:28 am

Hi Thankana

I started taking them as they were recommended by my dietician. However not anymore. I just need to open the bottle and I start gagging. I saw my dietician today and explained my reluctance, and she said a lot of people are like this. She is fine with me taking centrum or swiss as they have enough of what i need.

Natty14
Back to top Go down
thankana
Part of the furniture
thankana

Female
Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2010-06-04

PostSubject: Nutrichew is disgusting! Who is else is taking it?   Found a Multivitamin I can swallow EmptyMon 15 Nov 2010, 3:47 am

Hi All

I was advsd pre-surgery to take multi-vitamins and was told about nutri-chew. Made especially for banders but obviously sleevers can take it too. The dietician in the hospital recommended I take it as well and I cld buy it at the pharmacy below I leave.

I find it absolutely disgusting!! These multi-vitamins are much much worse than Opti. I'm at the point where I don't take them cos they're so yuk!!! I take one now and again, eg just like now:-)

Who else out there is taking nutri-chew?
Back to top Go down
ru32day

Female
Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2010-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Found a Multivitamin I can swallow   Found a Multivitamin I can swallow EmptySun 29 Aug 2010, 2:48 pm

Sorry I can't post the references, but I've read in a number of places that you must never break down tabs which are enteric coated (makes sense, since the insides would no longer be coated). I do know that the Nexium tablets that many of us take are enteric coated and the user information says they must not be cut up etc.
Back to top Go down
Peazles
Part of the furniture
Peazles

Female
Number of posts : 1011
Registration date : 2010-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Found a Multivitamin I can swallow   Found a Multivitamin I can swallow EmptyThu 12 Aug 2010, 1:40 pm

Cartay, I bought that up on this forum once before, and Apple suggested trying to get it down with a bit of yoghurt. I'm going to try that post-sleeve. If that doesn't work the caplet one Sue suggests sounds good.
Back to top Go down
sue
Top Poster
Top Poster
sue

Female
Number of posts : 3609
Registration date : 2008-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Found a Multivitamin I can swallow   Found a Multivitamin I can swallow EmptyThu 12 Aug 2010, 1:37 pm

Hi you can i believe get the swisse in a caplet form its smaller i have no problems taking the normal one but ive been sleeved over 2 years but have been taking it since day 3 after my op

hugs Sue
Back to top Go down
cartay
Part of the furniture
cartay

Female
Number of posts : 433
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Found a Multivitamin I can swallow   Found a Multivitamin I can swallow EmptyThu 12 Aug 2010, 1:30 pm

I've just switched from a kids chewable multi (double dosing, as per pharmasist advice), to the Swisse Womens Ultivite ... the problem is, the thing is the size of a horse tablet and I'm having issues getting the darn thing down in the morning. If I take it later in the day I find I'm too buzzed to sleep well at night. Today I cut it into four and managed it a little better - but now I'm concerned about the enteric coating or whatever it's called. Any thoughts on whether it's ok to chop em up into smaller pieces?
Back to top Go down
Peazles
Part of the furniture
Peazles

Female

PostSubject: Re: Found a Multivitamin I can swallow   Found a Multivitamin I can swallow EmptyThu 12 Aug 2010, 1:26 pm

Should say on the product packaging if they're enteric coated, sometimes you might have to ring the company or do a bit more research. It's a coating that allows your medication to pass through your tum without the stomach acid disolving it before it reaches your intestines. With multi's, if they disolve in your tum they don't do any good, they need to reach your intestine so that all the goodies in them can then get to your liver for distribution.
Back to top Go down
Carrie
Top Poster
Top Poster
Carrie

Female
Number of posts : 2601
Registration date : 2009-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Found a Multivitamin I can swallow   Found a Multivitamin I can swallow EmptyThu 12 Aug 2010, 1:08 pm

Peazles wrote:
...Some brands don't have an enteric coating and thus don't even make it to your upper intestine to be absorbed...

Hey Peazles,

What's an enteric coating, and how can you tell if you've got one?

- Carrie
Back to top Go down
Peazles
Part of the furniture
Peazles

Female

PostSubject: Re: Found a Multivitamin I can swallow   Found a Multivitamin I can swallow EmptyThu 12 Aug 2010, 12:40 pm

Yep I use Swisse Women's Ultivite. Worth every cent, they're a great product.
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female

PostSubject: Re: Found a Multivitamin I can swallow   Found a Multivitamin I can swallow EmptyThu 12 Aug 2010, 12:35 pm

I was recommended Nutrichew by my dietician. So I bought 3 months supply!
For the first 3 months post-op I battled with constipation Boggled
Never did I think it would be caused by a multivitamin.

As soon as I had finished the 3 months supply of Nutrichews, I changed to Swisse.
No more constipation....... Found a Multivitamin I can swallow 557634
Back to top Go down
butterfly girl
Part of the furniture
butterfly girl

Female
Number of posts : 412
Registration date : 2010-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Found a Multivitamin I can swallow   Found a Multivitamin I can swallow EmptyThu 12 Aug 2010, 11:38 am

...my opinion is you should check what is in the multi that you are looking at, and what your body needs.
no two people ahve the same needs as the person nest to them.
no two people ahve the same needs and my opinion is that this should be taken into account.

a 20 year old woman has very different needs to a 50 year old man. if thye both took no frills multi, neihter would have their needs met.
some one who does not drink any milk or soy or other calsium rich foods needs a multi with more calsuim.
a vegiterian needs more iron as does a woman before menipause.
a person who will not eat veggies will need one with antiauidents in it, but someone who eats heaps of fruit and veg won't....
a person who eats fish or other foods high in omega 3's may not need more of this but a person who does not might.
and that is not the point of taking a multi.

Last edited by Butterfly Girl on Thu 12 Aug 2010, 12:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
butterfly girl
Part of the furniture
butterfly girl

Female
Number of posts : 412
Registration date : 2010-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Found a Multivitamin I can swallow   Found a Multivitamin I can swallow EmptyThu 12 Aug 2010, 8:58 am

I am taking centrim.
I think it is important that you look at what you need....
and what they have in them.
they do vary differently in what they have and what they are good for.
if you are of child baring age... think folate and iodine....
if your over 50 or have joint problems.... think calsium and vitamin D...
we need a lot of different things, and every one needs are different. might be worth talking to a dietitian..... lol i know this is not what you want to here.

I have to take vitamin D in 3 forms.... in my multi, as a stand alone... and with calsium... and i take heaps of potassium, only avalible on script as i am so deficiant and need it for heart and lungs.... I take magnesium, as when it goes even slightly out o fwack i am almost in a coma, severe pain from head to toe, ooohhhh and i stop breathing too... and need central lines to get it back up.... for potassium too.
Back to top Go down
smileykylie
Part of the furniture
smileykylie

Female
Number of posts : 547
Registration date : 2010-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Found a Multivitamin I can swallow   Found a Multivitamin I can swallow EmptyThu 12 Aug 2010, 7:13 am

I have been taking the vitamins my clinic gave me. They are the ones for the lap band patients and are chewable, I think they're called Nutrichew. Taste isn't bad either.
Back to top Go down
Emily
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 1180
Registration date : 2010-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Found a Multivitamin I can swallow   Found a Multivitamin I can swallow EmptyWed 11 Aug 2010, 4:14 pm

My dietician has me take Elevit. Fairly large but doesn't taste horrible and goes down fine.

I may have to find a different brand once I get back overseas and finish these ones.
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
mapmar
Top Poster
Top Poster
mapmar

Female
Number of posts : 2342
Registration date : 2009-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Found a Multivitamin I can swallow   Found a Multivitamin I can swallow EmptyWed 11 Aug 2010, 1:13 pm

Centrum Recharge - they are a capsule .... no flavour or terrible taste..
I take them as they are they only ones that don't have iodeine in them as I am allergic to it!

Last edited by mapmar on Thu 12 Aug 2010, 1:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female

PostSubject: Re: Found a Multivitamin I can swallow   Found a Multivitamin I can swallow EmptyWed 11 Aug 2010, 1:07 pm

Swisse Women's Ultivite 50+

Yes they are big and yes they don't taste very nice!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Found a Multivitamin I can swallow   Found a Multivitamin I can swallow Empty

Back to top Go down

Found a Multivitamin I can swallow
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next