9 posters
AuthorMessage
Emily
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 1180
Registration date : 2010-04-12

When can you stop adding fibre to diet? Empty
PostSubject: Re: When can you stop adding fibre to diet?   When can you stop adding fibre to diet? EmptyWed 10 Nov 2010, 11:27 pm

Had a find today (in the US) - was looking for Benefiber powder and found Benefiber chewable tablets, orange creme flavor.. they are delish, taste like candy! 3 tabs is 3g fiber, which is the same as a serving of the powder. Doesn't sound much but I guess every little bit helps!

Hope it helps - I swear my reflux is worse when I am constipated.. it must back all the way up!
Back to top Go down
Eternlslady
Part of the furniture
Eternlslady

Female
Number of posts : 413
Registration date : 2009-01-11

PostSubject: Re: When can you stop adding fibre to diet?   When can you stop adding fibre to diet? EmptySat 06 Nov 2010, 4:21 am

I took it for 2 weeks.
And then discovered that due to other digestive issues I need to eat a LOW fibre diet to stop abdominal pain.
Not taking the supplements has made my life a lot better both health wise and financially.
But if the sleeve is the only issue you have with your digestive system definitely check with your doctor before stopping supplements that were recommended.
Back to top Go down
Carrie
Top Poster
Top Poster
Carrie

Female
Number of posts : 2601
Registration date : 2009-09-17

PostSubject: Re: When can you stop adding fibre to diet?   When can you stop adding fibre to diet? EmptySat 06 Nov 2010, 2:21 am

kiss
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Carrie
Top Poster
Top Poster
Carrie

Female

PostSubject: Re: When can you stop adding fibre to diet?   When can you stop adding fibre to diet? EmptyFri 05 Nov 2010, 9:59 pm

Hi Kylie,

I don't think I'm "frigging around with that", I'm actually very cautious about any changes I make to how I treat my lovely little sleeve. I think my post was pretty clearly discussing my own experience. I didn't say I don't need fibre, I said I no longer need to supplement my diet with a fibre supplement and explained why I came to that conclusion. As Raingold was sleeved at a similar time to me I felt it was valid to share that.

- Carrie :-)

PS. Coincidentally I have recently had full bloods and my cholesterol is so much better than perfect it's scarey
PPS. Sorry if I sound grumpy, but if you want to rile me, infer that I'm "frigging around" with my sleeve :-) xx

Back to top Go down
Carrie
Top Poster
Top Poster
Carrie

Female

PostSubject: Re: When can you stop adding fibre to diet?   When can you stop adding fibre to diet? EmptyFri 05 Nov 2010, 9:39 pm

Moved from "General Chat"
Back to top Go down
shelly25
Top Poster
Top Poster
shelly25

Female
Number of posts : 1776
Registration date : 2009-11-21

PostSubject: Re: When can you stop adding fibre to diet?   When can you stop adding fibre to diet? EmptyFri 05 Nov 2010, 9:13 pm

janette you have been such a good girl with your diet!
When can you stop adding fibre to diet? 446871

and its payed off bigtime!!
When can you stop adding fibre to diet? 217555
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: When can you stop adding fibre to diet?   When can you stop adding fibre to diet? EmptyFri 05 Nov 2010, 9:00 pm

I don't take fibre supplements, and can't remember when I stopped!

I eat fruit and vegies, seeds, dried fruit and nuts, whole grain cereal and bread in my diet daily, so no longer necessary.

There is some good info on fibre on this website...........

http://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/bhcv2/bhcarticles.nsf/pages/Fibre_in_food
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female
Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: When can you stop adding fibre to diet?   When can you stop adding fibre to diet? EmptyFri 05 Nov 2010, 11:30 am

you really have to test it. even if you cant stop it completely you might get away with 2 or 3 times a week. I was at least 2 years out before I could.
When you are consuming a mostely protien based diet it can become something you need each week. But if you are getting in 200 to 300 grams of veg fruit and other fibre rich food a day you should be fine just a lot of people are not doing that before about 12 to 18 months as there just is not enough room to get that in as well as the protien.

applesauce
Back to top Go down
shelly25
Top Poster
Top Poster
shelly25

Female
Number of posts : 1776
Registration date : 2009-11-21

PostSubject: Re: When can you stop adding fibre to diet?   When can you stop adding fibre to diet? EmptyFri 05 Nov 2010, 10:06 am

dont tell jocelyn but ive never taken fibre or multivits
ive had no probs
Back to top Go down
melpaulned
Part of the furniture
melpaulned

Female
Number of posts : 1034
Registration date : 2010-06-22

PostSubject: Re: When can you stop adding fibre to diet?   When can you stop adding fibre to diet? EmptyFri 05 Nov 2010, 7:23 am

I"m nearly 3 months and don't take it now
Everything seems to be going ok so far - fingers crossed!
Back to top Go down
Raingold
Part of the furniture
Raingold

Female
Number of posts : 439
Registration date : 2009-12-30

PostSubject: Re: When can you stop adding fibre to diet?   When can you stop adding fibre to diet? EmptyFri 05 Nov 2010, 6:57 am

Thanks Carrie.
Excellent idea.
Sounds like the time to tick another box then....
:D
Back to top Go down
Carrie
Top Poster
Top Poster
Carrie

Female

PostSubject: Re: When can you stop adding fibre to diet?   When can you stop adding fibre to diet? EmptyThu 04 Nov 2010, 10:05 pm

Hi Raingold

I was taking Benefibre every day too. At the end of August (about 7 months out) I ran out and, after forgetting to buy more for a couple of days in a row, decided to stop for a while and see how I went. I've been fine, happily everything is moving along exactly the same as when I was taking it, so I haven't had it since.

I have had two occasions since then that I got a little constipated (not bad, I'm just very wary of letting it get bad) and took Coloxyl to get things moving again, but that is actually less frequently than I'd needed to do that earlier, despite the Benefibre.

Why don't you experiment now (while you've still got a little left for emergencies) and see if you're ready to stop too.

Hugs - Carrie :-)
Back to top Go down
Raingold
Part of the furniture
Raingold

Female
Number of posts : 439
Registration date : 2009-12-30

PostSubject: When can you stop adding fibre to diet?   When can you stop adding fibre to diet? EmptyThu 04 Nov 2010, 8:09 pm

Just wondering how long you took extra added fibre for?
I'm almost at the bottom of a container of Benefibre, and wondering whether I should replace it or not.
I be 10 months down the track now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When can you stop adding fibre to diet?   When can you stop adding fibre to diet? Empty

Back to top Go down

When can you stop adding fibre to diet?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: