Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
sal73

Female
Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2010-06-10

Insurance Waiting periods Empty
PostSubject: Insurance Waiting periods   Insurance Waiting periods EmptyTue 12 Oct 2010, 9:31 am

I joined Australian Unity through Iselect 3 months ago wanting to have the sleeve in 12 months and I have just found out that the wait period through them is actually 24 months so you need to be really carefull who you go through. I have now changed to HCF and hopefully I will have no problems as I don't want to wait any longer.
Back to top Go down
Kazz
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 479
Registration date : 2010-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Insurance Waiting periods   Insurance Waiting periods EmptyTue 12 Oct 2010, 12:29 pm

Yep, you really need to call lots of PHI providers and ask lots of questions, esp what the wait period is. I was upfront and said I was wanting to have weight loss surgery, and what was the minimum level of cover I needed? I think majority are a 12 month wait for pre-existing conditions. There are some like NIB that had a 24 month wait unless you took out their top cover. They are all different and it can get confusing, but definately worthwhile calling around and comparing quotes.
Back to top Go down
sal73

Female
Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2010-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Insurance Waiting periods   Insurance Waiting periods EmptySun 17 Oct 2010, 5:33 am

I am now with HCF bring on July 2011 so I can start living and being happy again.
Back to top Go down
darrenpincini
darrenpincini

Male
Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2010-07-23

PostSubject: PHI   Insurance Waiting periods EmptySun 17 Oct 2010, 5:56 am

in a way u cant really blame PHI for requiring longer waiting times for WLS after all some want to contribute around $800 AND get about $11k back in benifits, they are after all a buisness
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Insurance Waiting periods   Insurance Waiting periods Empty

Back to top Go down

Insurance Waiting periods
Page 1 of 1