Top Poster
Top Poster
nicolev1969

Female
Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2008-05-28

Post op Pain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post op Pain   Post op Pain EmptyMon 08 Sep 2008, 2:14 pm

i also had the pain behind my breastbone...my dr diagnosed reflux...i took tablet for it for the first 9 weeks and have now stopped (im 10 weeks out) it all seemed to settle down. Even though i did buy some quickeze last week just in case

Nicole
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Post op Pain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post op Pain   Post op Pain EmptyMon 08 Sep 2008, 4:09 am

Hi Sharon
Sorry to hear you had such a bad first week, but glad to hear you're feeling better now.
We're all different, so we all experience it differently, but it settles down quickly, doesn't it?
I found that walking helped get the liquids down and also helped with the gas - even if you just walk from one end of the house to the other.
Good luck for the 2nd week!
Chris
Back to top Go down
shazza73

Female
Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2008-08-18

Post op Pain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post op Pain   Post op Pain EmptyWed 03 Sep 2008, 12:54 pm

hey everyone

Im feeling heaps better, today is 1 week hooray I survived the first week. I have lost 7.5kg, No joke I cant believe it. Im feeling good, heaps more energy and not hungry all day. Ive been having nourishing fluids and have the ok to start the next foods, soft things. The pain has really settled down, Istill get a bit (alot) of gas type pain and pain behind my breast bone, I hoping that will settle with time. I need to eat slower that is helping and letting food settle before the next mouthful. Thank god Im almost drinking normally again.

wishing everyone the best of recovery if you are going in this month, its not easy the first few days.

sharon
Back to top Go down
LavenderRose
LavenderRose

Female
Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2008-08-11

Post op Pain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post op Pain   Post op Pain EmptyMon 01 Sep 2008, 8:47 pm

Sharon,

I hope you are feeling better and when you see the doc on Tuesday, I hope he can find out what is wrong and make things better for you. Maybe it is like the others have posted and you may need to drink and eat slower with less fliud and food at one time. I am not sleeved yet, so I don't really know. Hang in there.
Back to top Go down
chrysalis
chrysalis

Female
Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2008-07-23

Post op Pain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post op Pain   Post op Pain EmptyMon 01 Sep 2008, 12:40 pm

I would just have 100-125mls and assume I was full because I didn't know either as I didn't feel 'empty' or hungry so couldn't say I felt full. Too much and I get a stitch type pain on the left side of stomach.
Back to top Go down
nicolev1969
Top Poster
Top Poster
nicolev1969

Female
Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2008-05-28

Post op Pain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post op Pain   Post op Pain EmptyMon 01 Sep 2008, 10:23 am

shazza you should try to stick to the 125ml thing. then you will know that you have had enough...but you must take it really slowly when you have it as itt will cause pain and reflux......just tiny sips, it may take you half an hour to have 125mls
Another thing to remember is that it takes about 20 mins to get the full feeling sometimes....so as i said take it slowly

I hope this helps

Nicole
Back to top Go down
shazza73

Female

Post op Pain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post op Pain   Post op Pain EmptyMon 01 Sep 2008, 6:44 am

Hi Everyone

Im feeling ok , I have an appointment with the Dr tuesday , so see about pain when drinking etc. I am managing water and soup . I have reflux all the time. I can taste things for hours.

How do I know when Im full as the fluid/soup doesnt give me any full signs.

sharon
Back to top Go down
chrysalis
chrysalis

Female
Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2008-07-23

Post op Pain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post op Pain   Post op Pain EmptySun 31 Aug 2008, 11:27 am

HI Sharon, how are you feeling today, hope the pain has improved,
Nicola
Back to top Go down
kittycat
kittycat

Female
Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2008-08-17

Post op Pain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post op Pain   Post op Pain EmptySun 31 Aug 2008, 10:45 am

Hi Sharon, I am 3 weeks post-op ,how long post-op are you ? I had complications but after 5 days when I came out of hospital had no pain. However like you am really really tired and lethargic. Last time i felt like this was when I had glandula fever. Usually you can't hold me back from life !! but at the moment I cant be arsed getting out of bed, doing housework, going to work etc etc so I too am hoping this will pass soon !! Hope you are feeling better really soon.
Catherine.
Back to top Go down
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female
Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Post op Pain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post op Pain   Post op Pain EmptySat 30 Aug 2008, 7:13 pm

sharon how far post op are you ? what exactly are you attempting to drink ? is it warm or cold ? do you have any other pain besides on drinking ? I am so suprised they have let you leave hospital if it is as bad as I can understand from your post. Neithr my husband or I had any thing we could even remotely call pain beyond general sore stomach nothing in the actual stomach area at all. Drinking felt a little odd at first but that is about it. Gassey kind of even with sips of water. But no pain. You could not have a band, I am curious as to why just incase there is something else going on here that is causing you pain. As stated if your liver had not shrunk well and been shoved around a LOT it should be causeing some discomfort.

If you want to talk PM me and and I will giv eyou my number I am here in Perth but as I said never experenced anything like this. In fact I found my period pain worse than the surgery pain after about day 3. I did tho take some pandol and tramadol for about a week.

applesauce
Back to top Go down
FaddingAway
Part of the furniture
FaddingAway

Female
Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2008-05-27

Post op Pain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post op Pain   Post op Pain EmptySat 30 Aug 2008, 7:01 pm

hi
all normal after the op.
jsut as big buggar says keep up the pain meds for a while , the swelling is due to dr having to move/hang on to your liver and the pain well combination of that and the removal of most of your stomach.you will feel like doing not much for a little while this is the bodies way of healing , remember that most of the healing will take place on the inside. Andlikebig bugar says also if the pain is too much go straight to out patients for a dr's examination or ring your dr if he gave you his number, this will put your mind at est anyway.
take care and rest, this stage won't go on for long.
and lots and lots of sips of water, try to get in 2 ltrs every day. extremely hard to do I know. this will get easier as well.
take care and keep us informed on how your feeling
Fadding Away
Back to top Go down
bigbugger71
bigbugger71

Female
Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2008-06-22

Post op Pain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post op Pain   Post op Pain EmptySat 30 Aug 2008, 12:19 pm

Oh I cam sympathise, I just felt awful, try and keep positive. It does pass, keep up the pain killers and rest. Keep sipping the water! Even though it hurts! Pra for each day to pass. If you feel that bad ring the hospital contact/nurse and speak to them. I hope you get to speak to one of the Perthies, being on this forum really helped me to believe it was all worth it...i can only now say it is the best thing I have ever done, and feel like shouting it from the rooftops! thinking of you, don't suffer in silence, rest and get well soon.
xx
Back to top Go down
Kaili
Part of the furniture
Kaili

Female
Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2008-08-15

Post op Pain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post op Pain   Post op Pain EmptySat 30 Aug 2008, 11:44 am

I'm meeting up with some of the others tonight, if you message me your number I can see if someone can give you a call if they've suffered something similar.

I really hope you're feeling better soon!
Back to top Go down
shazza73

Female

Post op Pain Empty
PostSubject: Post op Pain   Post op Pain EmptySat 30 Aug 2008, 11:41 am

hey guys home and sleeved.

did any won else feel like s...t for awhile. Lethargic and heaps of pain when I swallow anything even small sips. Im scared to drink anything the pain creeps up in a matter of seconds and then aaargh, help .

Please tell me it gets better

PS lost 6 kgs in a week. But Im too tired to enjoy the moment. I would love to talk to someone on the phone who has also had this , maybe i can send you my number via email.

sharon
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Post op Pain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post op Pain   Post op Pain Empty

Back to top Go down

Post op Pain
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: