48 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
cirianz

Female
Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2010-04-24

Bitchy comments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bitchy comments   Bitchy comments EmptyMon 16 Aug 2010, 10:51 pm

Oh yeah!!!
Thank you Tempest :)
I just had my first granddaughter this week so I am especially loving this quote XD
Back to top Go down
realme
Part of the furniture
realme

Female
Number of posts : 763
Registration date : 2010-04-20

Bitchy comments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bitchy comments   Bitchy comments EmptyMon 16 Aug 2010, 1:08 pm

Tempest wrote:
Yep, so that I can watch my grand daughter grow up.......AND IN A SIZE 10 JEANS HAHAHAHA

loving that Gail! I think Ill be using that one thanks!!!
Back to top Go down
AzinOZ
Part of the furniture
AzinOZ

Female
Number of posts : 428
Registration date : 2010-06-13

Bitchy comments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bitchy comments   Bitchy comments EmptyMon 16 Aug 2010, 8:33 am

LOL Gail!
Back to top Go down
http://meltingawayinoz.blogspot.com/
neljatye
Part of the furniture
neljatye

Female
Number of posts : 470
Registration date : 2010-07-20

Bitchy comments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bitchy comments   Bitchy comments EmptyMon 16 Aug 2010, 8:27 am

lol @ Tempest
Back to top Go down
Tempest
Sponsor
Tempest

Female
Number of posts : 3694
Registration date : 2009-08-09

Bitchy comments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bitchy comments   Bitchy comments EmptyMon 16 Aug 2010, 8:25 am

Yep, so that I can watch my grand daughter grow up.......AND IN A SIZE 10 JEANS HAHAHAHA
Back to top Go down
AzinOZ
Part of the furniture
AzinOZ

Female
Number of posts : 428
Registration date : 2010-06-13

Bitchy comments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bitchy comments   Bitchy comments EmptySun 15 Aug 2010, 11:17 pm

I couldn't agree more, in most cases I typically just respond with a quick, "call it what you want, I'm going to be here to see my grand babies grow up and in my world THATS ALL that matters" hehe :)
Back to top Go down
http://meltingawayinoz.blogspot.com/
kazlikesgreen
Part of the furniture
kazlikesgreen

Female
Number of posts : 1024
Registration date : 2010-05-13

Bitchy comments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bitchy comments   Bitchy comments EmptySun 15 Aug 2010, 12:38 pm

LOVING it sssss!!
so well said!
Back to top Go down
http://karenjenniferful.blogspot.com
tryinhard
tryinhard

Female
Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2010-03-30

Bitchy comments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bitchy comments   Bitchy comments EmptySun 15 Aug 2010, 9:23 am

Bitchy comments 120705 Well said S

Anita
Back to top Go down
sssss
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2844
Registration date : 2010-03-12

Bitchy comments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bitchy comments   Bitchy comments EmptySun 15 Aug 2010, 6:52 am

Hi all...have really enjoyed reading your posts on the opic of 'cheating' and 'easy way out'...with your permission thought I would share what I REALLY think on both those topics (pls note this is just how I feel, am not in anyway suggesting this is right or others should or do feel the same)....

Those two concerns were part of the reason I didn't tell anyone about the sleeve up front. The third, paradoxically, was that the sleeve is so potentially risky...so in some ways it felt like an admission of failure or stupidity..."so unable to control herself that she had to risk her life to lose weight by surgery rather than doing it the right way through diet and exercise". BUT my body was more and more compromised and for me, the long-term risk definitely outweighed the short term.

Re 'cheating' and "easy way out"? It sure as heck feels like it! In comparison to the mammoth efforts I have put in over the years to lose weight (you know we've all been there)...sometimes wholly successfully, sometimes partially, sometimes not at all...this has been the easiest -- and easily the healthiest -- weight loss experience I have ever been through. In the past I counted calories and usually more or less starved myself. I didn't look at what made up the calories...just drastically cut them. This time I have medical and dietician support, regular blood tests and this wonderful site. I'm taking multivitamins and paying attention to the quality of what I eat.

If it's 'cheating' to take advantage of modern methods of weight control WHICH WORK...then I am more than happy to be labelled a 'CHEAT' -- a healthy long-lived one-day-kinny one, whose cholestrol and blood pressure are now in the normal range, who doesn't have to go on meds for these conditions, whose abdominal fat is nowhere near as life-threatening as it was...and who can walk up slight increases without needing to stop for a break! Obesity is both a quality-of-life- and life-threatening condition. Yay the sleeve which presents a workable alternative.

S
Back to top Go down
cirianz

Female

Bitchy comments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bitchy comments   Bitchy comments EmptySun 15 Aug 2010, 2:41 am

Yes, in some ways it's harder with food. With smoking, which is chemically more addictive than heroin, I only had to cold turkey it and once I'd got through those weeks of hell then I was fine so long as I never have that 'one cigarette' that will start it all off again.

It's not quite so simple with food. I mean, I've done the cold turkey thing, for any length of time up to two weeks, but sooner or later you have to have that one bite, and then it all starts again.

Boggled
Back to top Go down
mamacoops
Part of the furniture
mamacoops

Female
Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2010-07-22

Bitchy comments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bitchy comments   Bitchy comments EmptySat 14 Aug 2010, 1:58 pm

EmilyG wrote:
It's obvious that surgery is seen as "cheating" because of the view of overweight people to start with as lazy cows sitting at home stuffing cream buns in their mouth. Now, instead of restricting intake and exercising like everyone else has to, they get surgical assistance. Well shoot, whatever it takes I say. If they invented a simple procedure that stopped alcoholics drinking, or stopped addicts injecting, I doubt it would be called "cheating" to use it.

Well said... I hadn't thought of the alcoholics and drug addictions in the same league... but I completely agree with you... it is all about health and making the right decisions for the individual! I am so happy with my decision and I am slowly getting to the train of thought where if others don't like the slowly decreasing me, then too bad! x
Back to top Go down
kazlikesgreen
Part of the furniture
kazlikesgreen

Female
Number of posts : 1024
Registration date : 2010-05-13

Bitchy comments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bitchy comments   Bitchy comments EmptyFri 13 Aug 2010, 4:32 am

Kylie - its funny you say that - my personal trainer told me the exact same thing, that once you get to a certain weight it makes it very hard almost impossible to lose the amount you need to lose to be healthy because of the strain it puts on your body.

I want to be able to run again, I want to be able to play soccer and I also want to be able to make a 33 hr flight in a somewhat comforted state!!

I personally am a very share everything kind of person and I am very lucky that the people who surrond me support me - I joined a gym a few years back and I lost 20 kilos which ws great and then i tore my rotator cuff which took them just over a year to detect and then by the time they found it i needed a whole reconstruction so yes its an excuse but i was't able to excercise without pain.

Its not an easy way out - look at all the money we have to spend to do it. I mean generally the minimum your out of pocket is $3500 then you have PHI fees, gap fees, consults, optipuke etc... this is the smartest way around it. and its a long term solution...

gggrrrr ok... sorry for my rant!

Crazy
Back to top Go down
http://karenjenniferful.blogspot.com
redrooter99
Part of the furniture
redrooter99

Female
Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2009-04-21

Bitchy comments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bitchy comments   Bitchy comments EmptyFri 13 Aug 2010, 3:55 am

water off a ducks back they are just jelous...

they are not true friends, forget them Bitchy comments 595690
Back to top Go down
http://redrooter.blogspot.com/
Emily
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 1180
Registration date : 2010-04-12

Bitchy comments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bitchy comments   Bitchy comments EmptyFri 13 Aug 2010, 2:54 am

It's obvious that surgery is seen as "cheating" because of the view of overweight people to start with as lazy cows sitting at home stuffing cream buns in their mouth. Now, instead of restricting intake and exercising like everyone else has to, they get surgical assistance. Well shoot, whatever it takes I say. If they invented a simple procedure that stopped alcoholics drinking, or stopped addicts injecting, I doubt it would be called "cheating" to use it.
Back to top Go down
tryinhard
tryinhard

Female
Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2010-03-30

Bitchy comments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bitchy comments   Bitchy comments EmptyFri 13 Aug 2010, 2:36 am

bath Remember this saying sleevers;

" Worry about what other people think and you will be their prisoner for life."

I too have experienced a couple of adverse (jealous) reactions by so called friends BUT all I feel is sorry for them. If you cant be happy for your friends sucess then that says alot about how sad and lonely you are inside.

Anita
Back to top Go down
jac
jac

Female
Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2010-07-26

Bitchy comments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bitchy comments   Bitchy comments EmptyFri 13 Aug 2010, 1:03 am

I cant get my head around the fact that people think they have the "right" to tell us what we should and shouldn't be doing with our own bodies. I was very selective about who I did and didn't tell because the few I didn't tell were the ones that I knew would have a "negative opinion" about the surgery as I had lost 30kg 4 years ago only to put it all back on plus another 20kg!! I knew they would say "you have done it before, I'm sure you can do it again". What a load of crap! The ones that I have told have been so supportive and realise if I didn't get this done they wouldn't have me around as a friend beyond the next couple of years or so. Sounds dramatic but totally true. I only had my sleeve done on Tuesday and know that it is the best thing I have ever done. I have taken control and hopefully in the next few months or so can go completely off my blood pressure medication and after I see the cardiologist in a few more months am hoping for the all clear to go off some of my heart meds too. I have not told any of my "in-laws" about the WLS because they will just bitch and carry on behind my back and quite frankly I dont need to feel the knife again at the moment (certainly not in my back anyway!). To all the negative "anti-sleevers" out there "go and get a life and stop bitching about people who are taking back control of their destiny"!!

lots of hugs to all those coming up for WLS in the coming weeks/months. You will NEVER regret it. How could you? Being healthy is the most valuable thing we can give ourselves...I would have paid 3 times the amount for the surgery just for the benefits.....

Chow

Jac

Back to top Go down
kold78
Part of the furniture

Male
Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2010-06-22

Bitchy comments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bitchy comments   Bitchy comments EmptyThu 12 Aug 2010, 8:15 pm

just say when asked you had a partial gastrectomy, sounds fancy hey!!!! same operation different name.
Back to top Go down
Tempest
Sponsor
Tempest

Female
Number of posts : 3694
Registration date : 2009-08-09

Bitchy comments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bitchy comments   Bitchy comments EmptyThu 12 Aug 2010, 11:48 am

I guess that I have been extremely lucky.
I get comments all the time, let's face it you can't lose this much and not have it noticed.
If anyone asks I tell them straight out, actually what I do is tell them and then just keep talking about how fantastic it is that they can't get a word in LOL
Never had a bitchy comment in response and in fact have been asked for my doctors number loads of times....

My sister said months and months ago that while I was doing a good job SHE preferred to do it the natural way. OK so I didn't comment but was a bit peeved. Then low and behold two weeks ago she tells me that she is so grateful to me because I am keeping her on track and she has lost a fair bit of weight. So in her opinion my surgery was a great idea WTF

So for me pretty much no problems but more because I just talk so much about it that nobody is brave enough to give me a hard time LOL

Hugs Gail
PS I think that you are all doing a fantastic job,,,,,no bitchy comments from me .......
Back to top Go down
butterfly girl
Part of the furniture
butterfly girl

Female
Number of posts : 412
Registration date : 2010-05-24

Bitchy comments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bitchy comments   Bitchy comments EmptyThu 12 Aug 2010, 10:19 am

I have a friend, and she is obese too. she has spent thousands and thousands on diets, weithlose centres and gyms.....
she was all for being sleeved when i said i was doing it..... and i said if she joined the health fund for the year i would pay 70% of her out of pocket costs..... this was before i found out the the estate i was distributing and had a large claim on had not paid $X00,000.00 in tax's... and i was up for hte lot...... and it is a lot!!!! gee thanks, parent for being so responsible....

but when i pointed out htat she was getting over 15K in bonuses and other lump sums form centrelink when our year was up and she could manage more...... she said not worth spending the money on.... same girl is on weight watchers, member of 2 gyms, and still has 3 large cap's with full cream milk and 4 sugars a day......
she has gained about 10kg in the last 12 months...... and spent probably 3 times the health fund costs on lose weight fast things......

if she was not getting sucked into every loose wieght fast gimic and buying so many coffees she could pay for the surgery 3 times over in a year.....
I just hope she is not a bitch when i start looseing...

and now she is hasseling me, saying it is an easy way out and she thinks i could do it another way... which i can't. she sent me a long text about how i should join weight watchers, and she would never do this to her body.... till i reminded her she was going too.....

told her end of topic if not supporting me then just don't go there.....

Back to top Go down
melpaulned
Part of the furniture
melpaulned

Female
Number of posts : 1034
Registration date : 2010-06-22

Bitchy comments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bitchy comments   Bitchy comments EmptyThu 12 Aug 2010, 10:06 am

she has made a comment to my friend about how she doesn't approve and hasn;t answered an sms where she asked why i was in hospital and was i all right to which i replied yes i have had the gastric sleeve done

BITCH!

lol ok i am over it now
x
mel
Back to top Go down
sophia
Part of the furniture
sophia

Female
Number of posts : 461
Registration date : 2008-12-10

Bitchy comments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bitchy comments   Bitchy comments EmptyThu 12 Aug 2010, 3:47 am

For me, I like to use reverse psychology.... In relation to the "easy way" perspective.... I'd be going "OF COURSE I am doing it the easy way. Why on earth would I be stupid enought to keep doing it the hard way? Especially as the hard way won't prevent me from gaining all the weight back on."

Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
melbell
Part of the furniture
melbell

Female
Number of posts : 633
Registration date : 2010-01-23

Bitchy comments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bitchy comments   Bitchy comments EmptyThu 12 Aug 2010, 12:49 am

a very good friend of mine was going to have the sleeve also only reason she decided not to was the cost ,but however she only looked into it at first cause she was told it was the easy way to lose weight ,now that im having it done and i have told her about stories from here ,as in how hard some have to work and the making sure you still eat right she has a different oppinion of it ,she is so happy im going through with it but her new opinion is different cause of this site so yes it just comes down to not educated properly on what it actualy does for us .
Back to top Go down
Emily
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 1180
Registration date : 2010-04-12

Bitchy comments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bitchy comments   Bitchy comments EmptyWed 11 Aug 2010, 4:17 pm

It's like on talk shows, when they introduce someone who lost tons of weight "all on their own.. no surgery!".. does that make it better somehow? Really that just means they are 95% likely to put it back on again, but you don't see them back on the show for that. I think it would be much more impressive to have people who've had weight loss surgery to explain the decision, their daily life and what they've gone through to get where they are!
Back to top Go down
cirianz

Female

Bitchy comments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bitchy comments   Bitchy comments EmptyWed 11 Aug 2010, 4:13 pm

The thing that gets to me the most is, what is wrong with it being easier anyway? Who is it who says that it has to be hard? Friends that I have who can eat like horses and never put on a pound, being thin is not hard for them yet no one accuses them of 'cheating' or whatever. I'm afraid that I totally fail to understand the attitude that our weightloss is only worthy of celebration & congratulation if it hurts. Also the attitude that, if we are fat then that automatically means we have low, or even no will power. And all evidence to the contrary even in other areas of our life, is dismissed, because the simple fact that we are fat is proof that we have no will power. Neither of these attitudes make any sense, and yet they are so entrenched in our society that, even the acknowledged fact that it would save our health system millions of dollars every year to subsidise weightloss surgery is ignored, because, if it hasn't 'hurt' us, at least financially to get the weightloss, then we haven't earned it. And the attitude still remains that, if we simply exercised more and ate less then we'd all get thin and stay thin, despite all of the evidence, of experience and even medical evidence regarding morbid obesity, to the contrary.
If we are fat then it is our own fault, and therefore we do not deserve any assistance to get 'unfat' because we could always just choose not to be fat, grit our teeth and knuckle on down, and it would happen.
The fact that we have spent most of our lives doing just that and it has failed is irrelevant.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bitchy comments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bitchy comments   Bitchy comments Empty

Back to top Go down

Bitchy comments
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next