Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
monica

Female
Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2010-06-28

health insurence help pls pls Empty
PostSubject: health insurence help pls pls   health insurence help pls pls EmptyTue 29 Jun 2010, 2:15 am

Hi all
so let me tell you abit about my self im 26 from England. Iv been over here for the last year and have. I have 5 year temporey visa subclass 461.
so anYway i went to the doctors yesturday and he said in kind words have you ever thought about haven weight loss surgery,Off cause i had iv been unhappy with my body for many years,he told me if i buy private health care for a year this would cover the cost of the surgery.
So i came home looked on the internet and was over whelmed with all the health insurence.
I just want single cover and top hospital cover i dont want any extres. which health insurence should i go for. please help any advice would be great
Back to top Go down
jen-e
Sponsor
jen-e

Female
Number of posts : 402
Registration date : 2010-03-02

PostSubject: Re: health insurence help pls pls   health insurence help pls pls EmptyThu 01 Jul 2010, 8:18 am

Hi Monica,

You can get quotes from different companies on the net. I know there are a lot out there but it is the easiest way to check & make up your own mind. Sometimes there is an option to tick for a consultant to phone you so you dont have to pay for the call.

Once you have an idea of prices and which company (or two) might suit you then you give them a call ( most have 1800 numbers) and get more details on what cover they offer. Ask them what cover you need for the op.

You dont have to be in top hospital cover to be covered for the op & hospital. You will need to look at which hospital excess suits your needs & budget or if you dont want an excess at all- eg. some offer a once a year excess no matter how many times you go into hospital, some offer a nightly excess for each night you are in hospital up to a set amount, some offer an excess that is paid every time you go into hospital.
Compare the cost for 'hospital excess plus the monthly health insurance payment' to 'no hospital excess monthly health insurance payments' as sometimes it can cost less to have a one off excess and lower monthly health insurance payment.

I hope this hasn't confused you more.

Good luck with your search
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: health insurence help pls pls   health insurence help pls pls EmptyThu 01 Jul 2010, 10:02 pm

if you go to
http://www.iselect.com.au/
you can put in what you need and it will give you the options that suit you.
Or so I've heard! LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: health insurence help pls pls   health insurence help pls pls Empty

Back to top Go down

health insurence help pls pls
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Private Health Insurance-
Jump to: