Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How do you get enough protien when having a high fibre breaky?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

How do you get enough protien when having a high fibre breaky? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How do you get enough protien when having a high fibre breaky?   How do you get enough protien when having a high fibre breaky? EmptyMon 17 May 2010, 11:47 am

I doubt you will get 30 gms of protein in at breakfast time having just cereal How do you get enough protien when having a high fibre breaky? 595690

I was told by my dietician to have 50-60 gms of protein per day, which I can get in just by eating food, with no supplements.
Back to top Go down
Carrie
Top Poster
Top Poster
Carrie

Female
Number of posts : 2601
Registration date : 2009-09-17

PostSubject: Re: How do you get enough protien when having a high fibre breaky?   How do you get enough protien when having a high fibre breaky? EmptyMon 17 May 2010, 6:42 am

Hi Issi,

I like cereal for breaky too and add my protein powder to the skim milk I use with it. I know that isn't much help if you don't want to take protein powder, but DarkStar was using skim milk powder as a protein powder substitute so maybe you could add that to your milk instead to increase the protein.

Cheers - Carrie
Back to top Go down
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female
Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: How do you get enough protien when having a high fibre breaky?   How do you get enough protien when having a high fibre breaky? EmptyMon 17 May 2010, 6:31 am

It doesnt have to be breakfast. i am honest i dont do the fibre fight I take benifibre which is tastless and takes up zero room in my tiny tummy. you can have a hard boiled egg for supper or afternoon tea. a tiny tin of tuna for afternoon tea or supper. try the new forme satisfy yoghurt that has an extra protien hit in it.tuna eggs and that yoghurt are under 100 calorie protien hits.

applesauce
Back to top Go down
issi
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2009-07-12

PostSubject: How do you get enough protien when having a high fibre breaky?   How do you get enough protien when having a high fibre breaky? EmptyMon 17 May 2010, 6:23 am

I need to have a massive increase in fibre. I have noticed high fiber cereals really lack in adequate protein, even with the 100mls of lactose free milk I add to them. They do taste surprisingly better than I had imagined - i'm having digestive 1st (the csiro one) I want to eat my protein not get it from a powder, same with my fibre. I've just had too many issues with supplements.

Adding an egg to my cereal is not appetising to me, it makes me feel nauseated, so does the egg flip shake the doctor suggested. What kinds of protein (apart from milk/yoghurt) do you have with your cereal to get your 30g of protein in the morning? Milk or yoghurt alone doesn't seem to be high enough in protein when i check it on calorie king (i'm getting 10.2g protein and 11.6g fiber per serve - I need to have 1 bowl for breaky and one bowl for a snack to get my fibre up). I was told I need at least 30g of protein per meal and 25g of fiber per day. So how do i sneak an extra 20g of protien into my breaky when it surprisingly fills me up way more than eggs on toast did?!

Before I realised I was not getting anywhere near enough fiber I was having eggs, toast, chicken etc. and getting plenty of protein in. These things just don't mix well with oats and milk in my tummy though!

What are your sneaky ways of getting in your extra protein through real food not supplements without feeling nauseated by the food combinations?

I used to have a lap band so eating too many nuts or enough to get a good source of protien will just make me gain weight or not lose... i have to eat below 800cals to even dream of losing half a kilo a fortnight.

Thank you in advance for your suggestions!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do you get enough protien when having a high fibre breaky?   How do you get enough protien when having a high fibre breaky? Empty

Back to top Go down

How do you get enough protien when having a high fibre breaky?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: General Chat-
Jump to: