applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female
Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-26

why the chest pain??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: why the chest pain???   why the chest pain??? EmptyThu 06 May 2010, 2:32 pm

I would do that as in take them for a week and see how you are then. reflux is a very weird thing after the sleeve it shows in unusal ways rather than the standard acid coming back up.

applesauce
Back to top Go down
redrooter99
Part of the furniture
redrooter99

Female
Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2009-04-21

PostSubject: Re: why the chest pain???   why the chest pain??? EmptyThu 06 May 2010, 1:36 pm

i havent ruled out reflux, i have somac but only take it when my throat flares up, that is when I feel a lump in my throat, i know it sounds weird but thats how it goes its been really good since the op, maybe ill just try it and take them for a week?
thanks anyhow for your help why the chest pain??? 446871
Back to top Go down
http://redrooter.blogspot.com/
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female

PostSubject: Re: why the chest pain???   why the chest pain??? EmptyThu 06 May 2010, 11:54 am

I was eating everything by 6 weeks with no problems. my husband was slower more like 3 months and then he was another 6 months before steak went down with ease for him.

you have a handful of people eating everything 6 or 8 weeks out a handful of people with still a few difficult foods at 4 months all who seem to get over them given time,, and the majority of people in the middle.

as i said if you still need really wet food for sll st 4 months you need to talk to your surgeon if you have ruled out reflux.

applesauce
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: why the chest pain???   why the chest pain??? EmptyThu 06 May 2010, 11:20 am

I have been eating bread and steak since 6 weeks post-op with no problems.
Also I have been on anti-reflux meds since surgery, have been told to take them for the first 6 months post-op.
Back to top Go down
redrooter99
Part of the furniture
redrooter99

Female

PostSubject: Re: why the chest pain???   why the chest pain??? EmptyThu 06 May 2010, 10:50 am

So can you chew and eat bread ans steak okay now? i know its been a few years for you?
Back to top Go down
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female

PostSubject: Re: why the chest pain???   why the chest pain??? EmptyThu 06 May 2010, 10:23 am

no wet food is for a few weeks or at most a few months. if by 4 months you still need very wet food you should go back and talk to your surgeon as you may need a stretch. the odd person has a food that disagrees with them longer than about 4 months usally something like steak. but if all your food needs to be really wet after 4 months talk to your surgeon.

applesauce
Back to top Go down
redrooter99
Part of the furniture
redrooter99

Female

PostSubject: Re: why the chest pain???   why the chest pain??? EmptyThu 06 May 2010, 10:16 am

yes i have tried that, im actually supossed to go onto "normal foods" what ever that really means for us sleevers.

So counrty girl and apple, yous ARE saying it WILL go away? I dont have to have wet food forever like banders?
Back to top Go down
Countrygirl
Part of the furniture
Countrygirl

Female
Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2008-12-09

PostSubject: Re: why the chest pain???   why the chest pain??? EmptyWed 05 May 2010, 12:12 pm

I had it when I was progressing onto soft foods. I am pretty sure that it was because the food was too thick, as in not wet enough. I thinned my food out for a while and never had the problem again.

Just take a small step back for a few days then try again.
Back to top Go down
miss
Part of the furniture
miss

Female
Number of posts : 358
Registration date : 2009-12-16

PostSubject: Re: why the chest pain???   why the chest pain??? EmptyWed 05 May 2010, 10:46 am

I just think the chest pain could be your lungs. I had this pain when I tried to breath, so if it is related to your breathing, try doing some breathing exercises! Good luck
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=708312072
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female

PostSubject: Re: why the chest pain???   why the chest pain??? EmptyWed 05 May 2010, 8:18 am

The people who have complained most about this chest pain have either turned out to have reflux, and meds fixed it. Or had excessive swelling and either time or a stretch fixed the problem.
That is not saying either is your problem just what it has turned out to be for those who have said they felt something similar over the years.

If it is swelling a more liquid easier to go down diet helped.

applesauce
Back to top Go down
redrooter99
Part of the furniture
redrooter99

Female

PostSubject: Re: why the chest pain???   why the chest pain??? EmptyWed 05 May 2010, 7:30 am

Oh that sounds awfull. I dont have a gall bladder it was taken out when i was 25, young i know, but its herditary, (thanks mom)

yeah well i asked about the hiatus hernia and my surgeon said i didnt have one?
Back to top Go down
ssteph2342
Top Poster
Top Poster
ssteph2342

Female
Number of posts : 1344
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: why the chest pain???   why the chest pain??? EmptyWed 05 May 2010, 5:47 am

redrooter99 wrote:
I just wanted to know WHY do i get the chest pain, well not like a heart attack, like the food is sitting in my throat, and down my neck, even after i have eaten only 4 spoons (tea) , it sounds like what people get with the band? i didnt get a band just a sleeve? which involved my stomach not my throat, did the dr do something to the top of my throat.. I hope you can understand what im saying?

I had this happen to me for a long time after surgery and ended up having to go back in to hospital and have a stretch done which improved things about 3 weeks later but then after a time I started to feel the same again. It's funny but once I had my gall bladder removed I didn't get the problem again and was able to eat properly and more once again. Not saying that this is anything to do with it of course but that's just what happened to me.

My surgeon did say at the time that it could be due to the swelling as I had a hiatus hernia repair done at the same time as the sleeve.
Back to top Go down
redrooter99
Part of the furniture
redrooter99

Female

PostSubject: Re: why the chest pain???   why the chest pain??? EmptyWed 05 May 2010, 1:48 am

I am not on reflux meds.

Well i really hope it goes away, its awful.
thanks
Back to top Go down
~*camelia*~

Female
Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2010-01-07

PostSubject: Re: why the chest pain???   why the chest pain??? EmptyTue 04 May 2010, 11:45 pm

I had this issue and asked my doctor about this. It is due to all the swelling in the stomach post op. it does go away after a while. The trick is to eat slowly, and keep everything nice and moist.
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: why the chest pain???   why the chest pain??? EmptyTue 04 May 2010, 10:01 pm

Is it reflux?
Are you on anti reflux meds?
Back to top Go down
allieswans
Part of the furniture
allieswans

Female
Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2009-03-29

PostSubject: Re: why the chest pain???   why the chest pain??? EmptyTue 04 May 2010, 2:35 pm

do you eat fast? I get this if I don't eat slowly
Back to top Go down
redrooter99
Part of the furniture
redrooter99

Female

PostSubject: Re: why the chest pain???   why the chest pain??? EmptyTue 04 May 2010, 2:18 pm

Not really, but I want to know why?? If they only operated on my stomach why does the rest feel like this?
Back to top Go down
tamayles
Part of the furniture
tamayles

Female
Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2009-02-22

PostSubject: Re: why the chest pain???   why the chest pain??? EmptyTue 04 May 2010, 2:17 pm

is your food wet enough?

Make sure it's really wet, lots of gravy etc
Back to top Go down
redrooter99
Part of the furniture
redrooter99

Female

PostSubject: why the chest pain???   why the chest pain??? EmptyTue 04 May 2010, 1:51 pm

I just wanted to know WHY do i get the chest pain, well not like a heart attack, like the food is sitting in my throat, and down my neck, even after i have eaten only 4 spoons (tea) , it sounds like what people get with the band? i didnt get a band just a sleeve? which involved my stomach not my throat, did the dr do something to the top of my throat.. I hope you can understand what im saying?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: why the chest pain???   why the chest pain??? Empty

Back to top Go down

why the chest pain???
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: