AuthorMessage
Shanna
Sponsor
Shanna

Female
Number of posts : 633
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Getting sleeve soon/revision from band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting sleeve soon/revision from band   Getting sleeve soon/revision from band EmptyTue 02 Sep 2008, 4:38 pm

Oh Lavender Rose, I so, so, so, get it. If you go back you will find a topic line that says pre-op bitching and somewhere in there I think are several posts from me moaning and groaning about how my sleeve date was never going to come. I was feeling right sorry for myself that it was never going to come and as of this morning it is 6 days away. So I will repeat what the bad applesauce said- your day will come too. Send a PM to Denise- you can wait together and be the first two sleeves of 2009.
Back to top Go down
The bad apple(sauce)
The bad apple(sauce)

Male
Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2008-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Getting sleeve soon/revision from band   Getting sleeve soon/revision from band EmptyTue 02 Sep 2008, 1:59 pm

Yes it can seem like that surgery date is so far away but keep your chin up and stick with your program and before you know it that day will be here (it's a bit like waiting for christmas morning). And then you start the next phase of your journey to the new you Getting sleeve soon/revision from band 63412
Back to top Go down
LavenderRose
LavenderRose

Female
Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2008-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Getting sleeve soon/revision from band   Getting sleeve soon/revision from band EmptyMon 01 Sep 2008, 8:39 pm

I just wanted to tell all of you that this site is the best. I love all the people here. Everyone is so informative and willing to help you out with everything. Thanks for all the support. I already feel like part of the family here.

It feels like it is forever away before I can get my sleeve. I know it is only about 3.5 months away, but when you want to feel better and lose weight, it seems like years instead of months. I know many of you can relate to this feeling.
Back to top Go down
newlife
Part of the furniture
newlife

Female
Number of posts : 1020
Registration date : 2008-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Getting sleeve soon/revision from band   Getting sleeve soon/revision from band EmptyTue 12 Aug 2008, 4:14 am

Welcome LavenderRose. Everyone on this list is very helpful and friendly and I know that you'll find plenty of support on here. Getting sleeve soon/revision from band 355206
Back to top Go down
FaddingAway
Part of the furniture
FaddingAway

Female
Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Getting sleeve soon/revision from band   Getting sleeve soon/revision from band EmptyMon 11 Aug 2008, 11:51 pm

Giday Lavender Rose
welcome to our family
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Getting sleeve soon/revision from band   Getting sleeve soon/revision from band EmptyMon 11 Aug 2008, 10:02 pm

Hi Lavendar Rose and welcome
I came across the sleeve by accident when I was searching on info for the band, and I'm so glad that I did. Like you, I have other health problems, and this has worked out the best WLS option for me.
I've only been sleeved for 7 weeks, but already know it's the best thing I could have done.
Good luck with your research, and don't be afraid to ask questions - but look around the forum, because there's a wealth of information already here.
Chris
Back to top Go down
The bad apple(sauce)
The bad apple(sauce)

Male
Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2008-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Getting sleeve soon/revision from band   Getting sleeve soon/revision from band EmptyMon 11 Aug 2008, 1:12 pm

Welcome LavenderRose to our truly International Forum, We already have some of your fellow country men/women as part of our family. You will find a veritable mountain of info here and please ask any questions you may have there is bound to be at least one of our members that can help.
Back to top Go down
ssteph2342
Top Poster
Top Poster
ssteph2342

Female
Number of posts : 1344
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Getting sleeve soon/revision from band   Getting sleeve soon/revision from band EmptyMon 11 Aug 2008, 1:08 pm

Welcome to the group Lavender Rose. Getting sleeve soon/revision from band 355206

You are very wise working on the head hunger. That's the hardest thing I think.
I often wish I had no sense of smell then I wouldn't have problem with the head hunger LOL.

Good luck and I hope you get the date you want.

steph
Back to top Go down
LavenderRose
LavenderRose

Female
Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2008-08-11

PostSubject: Getting sleeve soon/revision from band   Getting sleeve soon/revision from band EmptyMon 11 Aug 2008, 1:02 pm

I got the lapband in January 2007. I have been to and from my surgeons getting filled and unfilled. I can not even remember how many times. I was having problems with inflammation due to my Rheumatoid arthritis with the fills and would become too tight even with the smallest fill. I didn't know about my RA until after I got the band. Now my surgeon wants to do the gastric sleeve and I am doing all my research on it. I am pretty comitted to getting it and want to lose weight to become healthier, but I am nervous that this surgery will not work, as the band did not. My surgeon informed me that the gastric sleeve will work because I will not have a devise making me have inflammation problems.

I have to learn how to convert pounds to kgs. I am in the USA and use pounds as a weight measuring system.

I hope to learn more and more as I read, and I hope to see more and more that this is a good surgery for me. I am sooo disappointed that the band was not for me and I did that surgery for nothing. The small amount I was able to lose with the band, I gained back.

I am working with my dietician and a counselor for the head hunger. I am working very hard to lose wieght even before I get my surgery.

I am hoping to have the surgery the middle of December 2008.

I look forward to meeting all of you, and sharing our weight loss journey.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting sleeve soon/revision from band   Getting sleeve soon/revision from band Empty

Back to top Go down

Getting sleeve soon/revision from band
Page 1 of 1