AuthorMessage
Peter1969
Part of the furniture
Peter1969

Male
Number of posts : 434
Registration date : 2008-08-22

Forum Troubles? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Troubles?   Forum Troubles? EmptyMon 05 Jan 2009, 1:50 am

Thanks for the update and following up with them Hayley.

Peter.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cpapestore.com
Admin
Administrator
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 1588
Registration date : 2008-05-25

Forum Troubles? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Troubles?   Forum Troubles? EmptySun 04 Jan 2009, 11:14 pm

I do apologise that its taken this long to update- there has been no success so far with fixing this problem.
I am checking regularly, and hoping they will give and update to fix this issue.
Hayley
Back to top Go down
Peter1969
Part of the furniture
Peter1969

Male

Forum Troubles? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Troubles?   Forum Troubles? EmptyFri 12 Sep 2008, 7:01 pm

Cool, at least it has been recognised.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Admin

Female

Forum Troubles? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Troubles?   Forum Troubles? EmptyFri 12 Sep 2008, 5:34 pm

Hi all,

Ok, There is some sort of bug in the system, and they are working on fixing it.
It will take time though, so your patience is appreciated.
Sorry gals and guys, that all the info I have at the mo, I am sure when they get it sorted out, it will be obvious.

Hayley
Back to top Go down
Shanna
Sponsor
Shanna

Female
Number of posts : 633
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Forum Troubles? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Troubles?   Forum Troubles? EmptyThu 11 Sep 2008, 12:05 pm

You all sound like computer whizzes to me- this has happened. I just sigh and start going through all the posts- sort of like using Microsoft Offce- a lot of the things I do slowly I could do more quickly if I would just learn more of the features of the program. :http://smileys
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Admin

Female

Forum Troubles? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Troubles?   Forum Troubles? EmptyThu 11 Sep 2008, 11:24 am

I am still waiting for someone to answer my questions about this issue on my help site, it may take a little bit.
Hayley
Back to top Go down
ssteph2342
Top Poster
Top Poster
ssteph2342

Female
Number of posts : 1344
Registration date : 2008-05-27

Forum Troubles? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Troubles?   Forum Troubles? EmptyThu 11 Sep 2008, 10:44 am

Hi Hayley,
When it happened to me last I had just posted a message and went back to home screen and all the diamonds and unread messages were no longer there. I hadn't read them as I had only just come on after a day and there were heaps of messages.
steph
Back to top Go down
Kaili
Part of the furniture
Kaili

Female
Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2008-08-15

Forum Troubles? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Troubles?   Forum Troubles? EmptyWed 10 Sep 2008, 2:17 pm

It musn't have logged you out?

*shrug*

We're already at the limits of my knowledge. :P
Back to top Go down
Peter1969
Part of the furniture
Peter1969

Male

Forum Troubles? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Troubles?   Forum Troubles? EmptyWed 10 Sep 2008, 2:14 pm

I currently have:

You last visited on 10/09/08, 06:29 pm
The time now is 10/09/08, 09:12 pm

Which is weird, as between posts here I have closed all gss tabs. So really the last visited should be a few minutes ago.

As of right now all the new posts are still listed.
Back to top Go down
Kaili
Part of the furniture
Kaili

Female

Forum Troubles? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Troubles?   Forum Troubles? EmptyWed 10 Sep 2008, 2:09 pm

On the main page is:

You last visited on Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:47 pm
The time now is Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:08 pm

When you reload your 'last visited' time updates.

That's the only way I can tell.
Back to top Go down
Peter1969
Part of the furniture
Peter1969

Male

Forum Troubles? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Troubles?   Forum Troubles? EmptyWed 10 Sep 2008, 2:06 pm

I guess it's possible, but I am usually active changing pages posting etc.

Is there some message once you are logged out, as I have never seen one?

Peter
Back to top Go down
Kaili
Part of the furniture
Kaili

Female

Forum Troubles? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Troubles?   Forum Troubles? EmptyWed 10 Sep 2008, 2:00 pm

Peter,

I use multiple tabs in IE as well and have still had it log me out because I've been inactive too long.

Kaili.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Admin

Female

Forum Troubles? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Troubles?   Forum Troubles? EmptyWed 10 Sep 2008, 1:56 pm

So are you saying that that would not be the reason then Peter?
Because if we can eliminate the main probs, we might get somewhere.
Cheers,
Back to top Go down
Peter1969
Part of the furniture
Peter1969

Male

Forum Troubles? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Troubles?   Forum Troubles? EmptyWed 10 Sep 2008, 1:53 pm

I usually use multiple tabs, and always have at least one tab open till I am up to date for that reason.

Peter.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Admin

Female

Forum Troubles? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Troubles?   Forum Troubles? EmptyWed 10 Sep 2008, 1:36 pm

Kaili I think that is a good point.
Back to top Go down
Kaili
Part of the furniture
Kaili

Female

Forum Troubles? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Troubles?   Forum Troubles? EmptyWed 10 Sep 2008, 1:29 pm

Peter,

The only time I have issues with "new" posts going missing is when I have loged in, am automatically logged out and then log back in it again. I've just assumed that it assumes I've read them.

Could this be your problem as well?

Kaili.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Admin

Female

Forum Troubles? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Troubles?   Forum Troubles? EmptyWed 10 Sep 2008, 1:24 pm

Ok right, that helps, thankyou. I have put the question out into my forum, hopefully we will have some answers and some advice shortly.
Thanks again.
Back to top Go down
Peter1969
Part of the furniture
Peter1969

Male

Forum Troubles? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Troubles?   Forum Troubles? EmptyWed 10 Sep 2008, 1:22 pm

Thanks Hayley,

when the issue happens, the view new posts link comes up empty also.

Peter.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Admin

Female

Forum Troubles? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Troubles?   Forum Troubles? EmptyWed 10 Sep 2008, 12:34 pm

Thanks for that Peter, I do understand what you mean. I am not sure why it is doing what it is doing, but I would think that this forum is designed with the posts to run in the opposite direction, so it goes back to the earlier pages. This is only at a guess. Like others have said, sometimes when you reply to a message, it automatically takes you back to the first page, not the latest page.

About the coloured diamonds showing your unread posts, I dont know what the answer to this is either.
My thoughts are that you can click on the 'view new posts' button up on the right hand side, that should give you all of the posts that you have not read since last logging in.

I will go to my forum to ask about these two issues and see if I can come up with something.
This may take a while but as soon as I have some answers, I will let you all know.

Hayley
Back to top Go down
Peter1969
Part of the furniture
Peter1969

Male

Forum Troubles? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Troubles?   Forum Troubles? EmptyWed 10 Sep 2008, 11:25 am

Hi Hayley, I made up the links I posted, assuming they all worked the same way. But as for you those links work fine for me.

Now that a new post has been made here I have received an email with this link:
http://www.gastricsleevesupport.com/site-navigation-and-issues-f23/forum-troubles-t32-50.htm#7309

This actually takes me to page 2 with post 835 at the top.

But testing with and without the #7309 doesn't seem to make any difference for this thread. I have just tried pasting this link into IE8 and it also shows the same page.

The effect does not seem consistent

Peter.

PS I also have the new posts go missing no sure if it's only once I have posted a reply or only after reading a few threads.

PPS Just tested after posting this and the new messages are still there, so don't know what triggers the disappearance

ppps tickerfactory seems to be down at the moment

pppps after posting a reply to any forum I am always taken to the oldest page, so I have to click on page 1 to see my post.
Back to top Go down
ssteph2342
Top Poster
Top Poster
ssteph2342

Female
Number of posts : 1344
Registration date : 2008-05-27

Forum Troubles? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Troubles?   Forum Troubles? EmptyWed 10 Sep 2008, 9:46 am

newlife wrote:
I've been having some similar problems as Chris, when I log on I go to new posts and when I am halfway reading through them and replying the rest disappear and it says I have no new posts when I know they were there a second ago. Not too worried, must be a cliche in the system. Just to let you know.

I am having this same trouble.

steph
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Admin

Female

Forum Troubles? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Troubles?   Forum Troubles? EmptyWed 10 Sep 2008, 9:06 am

Hi Peter, I have checked both of the links you sent me, and also checked the way that my emails come, with the links they provide. I have found no problems at all, and I dont use firefox.
Please if anyone else is having issues, please check with your browsing settings, and if the problems persist, tell me so that I can see whats going on.
Let me know if the problem continues Peter.
Hayley
Back to top Go down
Peter1969
Part of the furniture
Peter1969

Male

Forum Troubles? Empty
PostSubject: Email notifications issue.   Forum Troubles? EmptyWed 10 Sep 2008, 9:03 am

I have an issue with email notifications.

Let's say I get and email about a new message in this thread. It comes through with the correct link:
http://www.gastricsleevesupport.com/site-navigation-and-issues-f23/forum-troubles-t32.htm#6127

But when opened in my browser I only get:
http://www.gastricsleevesupport.com/site-navigation-and-issues-f23/forum-troubles-t32.htm

So with the upside down way most forums are shown here I end up on the oldest page of a thread, not the newest. This can lead to confusion.

It's not a problem with the emails as the correct link is given, but when clicking on it the post number gets dropped in the browser.

I am using firefox 3.0.1 as my browser. Is anyone else using this, and you have the same problems?

I am moderator on a few forums and don't have these issues there, but the format for going straight to a post for most boards has &p=6127 in the url, not #6127. Is there a way of changing the format in the emails from this board to make it more compatible? It already uses this format for quoting messages.

Peter.
Back to top Go down
newlife
Part of the furniture
newlife

Female
Number of posts : 1020
Registration date : 2008-06-26

Forum Troubles? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Troubles?   Forum Troubles? EmptyMon 25 Aug 2008, 6:02 am

I've been having some similar problems as Chris, when I log on I go to new posts and when I am halfway reading through them and replying the rest disappear and it says I have no new posts when I know they were there a second ago. Not too worried, must be a cliche in the system. Just to let you know.
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Forum Troubles? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Troubles?   Forum Troubles? EmptyMon 25 Aug 2008, 12:24 am

Oh, you're such a sweety! Thanks Hayley.
Forum Troubles? 618285
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Forum Troubles? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Troubles?   Forum Troubles? Empty

Back to top Go down

Forum Troubles?
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next