Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
dbtexoma

Male
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-03-16

Hemophilia and bleeding Empty
PostSubject: glad you are ok   Hemophilia and bleeding EmptySat 01 May 2010, 12:47 am

I learned of my von Willebrand similar when having oral surgery. What a roller coaster the testing is.

I look forward to hearing about your current round of tests from 2 labs and your loss of weight.

How has the brusing healed?

I'd like to have this done but scared about the bleeding. Did you have to get any transfusions?
Back to top Go down
joytotheworld

Female
Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-10-18

PostSubject: Von Willebrand   Hemophilia and bleeding EmptyFri 30 Apr 2010, 11:23 pm

I had my procedure on the 8th January 2010 and it was during the surgery that the doctor had difficulty stopping the bleeding and suggested I get tested for von willebrand, which I did, 6 weeks after surgery, it came back positive and then I had to see a Hematologist, which I saw two weeks ago. I was retested again as I didn't have any of the normal systems for von willebrand. The doctor rang me yesterday to say the test came back negative and I have to be retested again because the readings from the blood test were so high for the condition that she couldn't work out why this second test didn't show up the same readings. I get retested this coming Monday and the blood test will be sent to two different laboratories for testing for two different opinions. The only problem I had after the surgery was very heavy bruising over the left side of my torso and very lethargic and had anemia which is normal I believe.
I have a doctors appointment next week, so I will inquire for you if he has operated on many patients with the condition and what precautions do they take. I had never heard of von willebrand before my procedure. I will be in touch after I see the doctor.
Back to top Go down
dbtexoma

Male
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-03-16

PostSubject: Hemophilia and bleeding   Hemophilia and bleeding EmptyTue 16 Mar 2010, 12:01 pm

Anyone out there have hemophilia or von Willebrand and have the gastric sleeve procedure done? I am looking at it and trying to find others who might have had experience with this. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hemophilia and bleeding   Hemophilia and bleeding Empty

Back to top Go down

Hemophilia and bleeding
Page 1 of 1