Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

LAMB SHANK RECIPE (recipe courtesy of Chrisbychic)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

LAMB SHANK RECIPE (recipe courtesy of Chrisbychic) Empty
PostSubject: Re: LAMB SHANK RECIPE (recipe courtesy of Chrisbychic)   LAMB SHANK RECIPE (recipe courtesy of Chrisbychic) EmptyTue 26 Jan 2010, 11:15 pm

This is my mother-in-law's recipe that I sent to Joy, so if anyone has any questions, please direct them to me. It's great for the mushy stage - you can add more water if needed to thin it down as you blend it, and it's full of protein. Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
joytotheworld

Female
Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-10-18

LAMB SHANK RECIPE (recipe courtesy of Chrisbychic) Empty
PostSubject: LAMB SHANK RECIPE (recipe courtesy of Chrisbychic)   LAMB SHANK RECIPE (recipe courtesy of Chrisbychic) EmptyTue 26 Jan 2010, 7:16 am

1 large lamb shank, cut in half (can use more, if needed)

2 large onions, chopped

1 large carrot, chopped

1 celery stick, chopped

2 garlic cloves, sliced thinly

2 small handfuls dried soup mix (any)

Masterfoods Season All with Garlic – approx 1 tblsp

½ - 1 tsp salt

Water

Pressure cooker (if you don’t have one, you can cook it in a slow cooker, or in a normal saucepan for several hours)

First wipe lamb shank over with a clean wet cloth or paper towel. Then sprinkle salt over it and let it stand for about 5 minutes (I often don’t do this)

Put shank into pressure cooker and then add all vegetablesl.

Cover with water – up to approximately ¾ full

Add salt and season-all and mix through

Bring to full pressure and then cook for 1 ¼ hours and then turn off the heat and let the pressure decrease naturally.

When ready, open cooker and check for taste. If not seasoned enough, add a little more. If too salty, add a peeled and cut potato to soak up the salt.

Last edited by joytotheworld on Wed 27 Jan 2010, 5:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

LAMB SHANK RECIPE (recipe courtesy of Chrisbychic)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Dietitians, Dieting, Exercising and more :: Diet, Exercise and more :: Recipes-
Jump to: