AuthorMessage
Tempest
Sponsor
Tempest

Female
Number of posts : 3694
Registration date : 2009-08-09

Under 18 and Consindering My Options Empty
PostSubject: Re: Under 18 and Consindering My Options   Under 18 and Consindering My Options EmptyMon 20 Sep 2010, 6:01 am

Hey Keil,

Way to go I am really happy that it has worked so well for you.
Like the others have said Oh to have a normal life at your age LOL
Never mind it is normal now.

Hugs Gail
Back to top Go down
Carrie
Top Poster
Top Poster
Carrie

Female
Number of posts : 2601
Registration date : 2009-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Under 18 and Consindering My Options   Under 18 and Consindering My Options EmptyMon 20 Sep 2010, 4:39 am

neljatye wrote:
...and i'm betting the clothes look better on you than the food would have... lol ;-)
Under 18 and Consindering My Options 446871 BRILLIANT !!! Under 18 and Consindering My Options 446871
Back to top Go down
neljatye
Part of the furniture
neljatye

Female
Number of posts : 470
Registration date : 2010-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Under 18 and Consindering My Options   Under 18 and Consindering My Options EmptyMon 20 Sep 2010, 4:31 am

Maybe it's a trade off..the money that could have been spent on food now is spent on clothes and i'm betting the clothes look better on you than the food would have... lol ;-)
Back to top Go down
keil92
keil92

Male
Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2010-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Under 18 and Consindering My Options   Under 18 and Consindering My Options EmptyMon 20 Sep 2010, 2:44 am

Hey Colli... Its great to hear from you again :D. It really is.... You seem like you are going great!!! (by your ticker) how have you found everything so far?

Hey Nerida,
Thanks :D. Genes do suck... :P... hahahaha! I think that doctors havent been through it so they wouldnt understand... I know when i had to get a referral to see my doctor that i reckon she tried every trick in the book to try and get me to re-consider.... in her referral, she even stated that i shouldnt have the op done :S.... But luckily the surgeon saw things from a different perspective. Man, i know the diet thing way too well... Lifes definitely looking up for me... my confidence has boosted so much!! Except, my wallet doesn't like me at the moment, ive actually been buying clothes!!!! However, i buy something so that i can JUST fit into it and within about a month or two its too big for me... But i do have to thank DFO for constant sales :P
Back to top Go down
neljatye
Part of the furniture
neljatye

Female
Number of posts : 470
Registration date : 2010-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Under 18 and Consindering My Options   Under 18 and Consindering My Options EmptySun 19 Sep 2010, 1:56 pm

Woo Hoo!! Good job Keil...ohhhh i am so jealous of you having had this at such a young age....i have 3 sons and 2 are overweight and the youngest is a skinny little bugger..(genes suck sometimes).... The other day when talking to my doctor she flippantly said (while we were discussing my 2 eldest) "what are you gonna do, let them get a lapband when they are 18".... and i said "no way, but if they felt they wanted to get a sleeve then hell yes....i only wish i had that option when i was struggling so hard as a teenager"....i was on constant diets from yr 7 and on and on and on...you know how it goes....lol...anyway you have done brilliantly and life must be forever looking up for you.....
Nerida
Back to top Go down
colli71
Part of the furniture
colli71

Female
Number of posts : 225
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Under 18 and Consindering My Options   Under 18 and Consindering My Options EmptySun 19 Sep 2010, 11:15 am

Fantastic effort Keil Under 18 and Consindering My Options 217555 It is great to hear how you're going, just the other day I was wondering how you were! Life after the sleeve is great isn't it!
Back to top Go down
keil92
keil92

Male

PostSubject: Re: Under 18 and Consindering My Options   Under 18 and Consindering My Options EmptySun 19 Sep 2010, 10:30 am

Hi Guys... Just a quick update.... 41 kilos Down!! WOOHOO!!!!!! hahaha... have found the journey great and easy... Acutally, cant believe how easy its been :D.
Back to top Go down
keil92
keil92

Male

PostSubject: Re: Under 18 and Consindering My Options   Under 18 and Consindering My Options EmptyTue 16 Mar 2010, 10:46 pm

WOOPS.... Sorry... didnt check what i had written. I meant 15kilos.... HAHAHAH!
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Under 18 and Consindering My Options   Under 18 and Consindering My Options EmptyTue 16 Mar 2010, 8:36 pm

Under 18 and Consindering My Options 878453 Are you sure you don't mean 15 kgs Under 18 and Consindering My Options 427584
Back to top Go down
Kyles
Part of the furniture
Kyles

Female
Number of posts : 932
Registration date : 2008-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Under 18 and Consindering My Options   Under 18 and Consindering My Options EmptyTue 16 Mar 2010, 8:18 pm

150kgs Under 18 and Consindering My Options 878453 well done but how the?????

Glad to hear all is going well with ya keil :)
Back to top Go down
keil92
keil92

Male

PostSubject: WOOPS ~~~ Long time no see :D   Under 18 and Consindering My Options EmptyTue 16 Mar 2010, 12:12 pm

Hi All,

Thanks for all your words of support... And sorry that i have not been on for a while...

Just an update on how i am going.

Alrighty, Yesteraday saw me reach my one month milestone since getting the surgery done and i have already lost 150 kilos... (forgive the ticker down the bottome... Havent updated it yet).

I got the surgery done on a monday, and on that following friday i was a bit naughty and had a little nibble of rissole while out to dinner to celebrate my dads birthday. Do not fret however, i did eat soup and only had the smallest nibble on the rissole... And it went down absolutely fine... YOO HOO! I can see the light at the end ofthe tunnel. I was happy to have reached this milestone... Until my mum started giving me an earful saying that i was going to burst everysingle one of my stitches. I might have... But they didnt.

Some advice for you would be sleevers... The doctor will say that you will not be able to have any sort of solid for two weeks. But if the liquid diet is giving you hell, then a little bit of mince meat shouldnt do you any harm. I managed to eat something solid (with mums hesitant approval) by about the following wednesday (9 days post op).

Also by the friday (night 'o' rissoles) dinner was at a restaurant, and the trip out did more benefit than stayign at home. So if you are worried about having to be bed ridden for yonkey donks... Just try getting out and about if you can... Not as hard as you might think.

I think that within 10 days I was definately ready to get back to work... however, i had to get others to do the heavy lifting...

To sum up what i have been saying... The post op period was definately not as bad as i was expecting, or what i would have thought... So if thats what is stopping you from getting the procedure done.. then dont fret... ITS EASY!!!

Hoping that my sleeve date buddies are doing well also...

All the best,
Keil
Back to top Go down
CheekyBugger
Part of the furniture
CheekyBugger

Male
Number of posts : 561
Registration date : 2009-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Under 18 and Consindering My Options   Under 18 and Consindering My Options EmptySun 21 Feb 2010, 10:37 am

Hi Ya Keil,

Smooth Sailing! glad to hear things are going well for you, its amazing how we come out of it and think - wow that was easy!

Best Wishes!
Back to top Go down
dange25

Female
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-02-06

PostSubject: way to go keil   Under 18 and Consindering My Options EmptyThu 18 Feb 2010, 12:51 pm

sounds like you have had a very smooth run...congrats keil!!! take it easy, and look at yourself. hahah see that...you were getting all worked up over a smooth sail!!!

cheers Ange.
Back to top Go down
colli71
Part of the furniture
colli71

Female

PostSubject: Re: Under 18 and Consindering My Options   Under 18 and Consindering My Options EmptyThu 18 Feb 2010, 7:59 am

Hi Keil

Glad you are back & doing well, Under 18 and Consindering My Options 217555 It was so much easier than I thought it would be (I think I was thinking of the worst case scenario so I was prepared).

Cheers
Colleen
Back to top Go down
Libby
Top Poster
Top Poster
Libby

Female
Number of posts : 1975
Registration date : 2009-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Under 18 and Consindering My Options   Under 18 and Consindering My Options EmptyWed 17 Feb 2010, 11:06 am

Your a trooper Keil. One night in hospital. Good on you.

Take it easy though, you have just had major surgery.

Under 18 and Consindering My Options 217555
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Under 18 and Consindering My Options   Under 18 and Consindering My Options EmptyWed 17 Feb 2010, 10:32 am

Welcome home, my goodness only 1 night in hospital.

Take care and sip, sip, sip..... Under 18 and Consindering My Options 217555
Back to top Go down
*Lib*
Top Poster
Top Poster
*Lib*

Female
Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2009-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Under 18 and Consindering My Options   Under 18 and Consindering My Options EmptyWed 17 Feb 2010, 10:25 am

Welcome home!! The weight gain will be the fluids and won't take long to be pee'd out! Glad to hear you are recovering well, not nearly as scary as you thought eh!?
Take it easy, rest up, and sleep lots!

Sip Sip Sip!
Back to top Go down
sue
Top Poster
Top Poster
sue

Female
Number of posts : 3609
Registration date : 2008-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Under 18 and Consindering My Options   Under 18 and Consindering My Options EmptyWed 17 Feb 2010, 8:55 am

Welcome home Keil
and welcome to the losers side Under 18 and Consindering My Options 314541
Back to top Go down
melbell
Part of the furniture
melbell

Female
Number of posts : 633
Registration date : 2010-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Under 18 and Consindering My Options   Under 18 and Consindering My Options EmptyWed 17 Feb 2010, 8:43 am

hey keil
its great to see your home . Glad your feeling so good and not in pain.
mel
Back to top Go down
keil92
keil92

Male

PostSubject: Re: Under 18 and Consindering My Options   Under 18 and Consindering My Options EmptyWed 17 Feb 2010, 8:30 am

G'day.

Well afer only one night in hospital... I AM HOME!!! YOOHOOOOO!!!!! Two days later... I feel pretty fantastic... nothing like i was expecting for only two days after surgery.

I dont know if anyone felt like this post op... but i feel as though i still have my full stomach inside of me, still in one piece... (except for only being able to drink small amounts)

After the op, i got pretty worked up and was stressing out because i couldnt get comfortable, but after a while of the nurse telling me to settle down (as well as mum) i managed to get into some position of comfort and fall asleep. It was good to have that little nap becuase i didnt sleep that night... DAMN YOU NURSES AND YOUR OBSERVATION TIMES!!!! But, after coming home. i have been feeling much better and have had a couple of naps / and a fantastic nights sleep.

Yesterday i weighed myself to see how much i had lost since walking into the hospital... and to my amazement... i had actually GAINED weight... Thats probably because of the 5 litres worth of IV that they had me hooked up to.

The only thing that i have found to be a bit of an issue, is whenever i lay flat on my back with a single pillow to rest, i get a sharp pain in my chest everytime i breathe in... however, two panadol take care of that and a long night of sleep pursues.

Hoping that my sleeve date buddies Chatalot and Collie (as well as everyone else who has been sleved recently) feel as fantastic as I do. Hope to speak to you guys Soon.

From your pain free friend
Keil
Back to top Go down
fatnomore
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 526
Registration date : 2009-12-30

PostSubject: Re: Under 18 and Consindering My Options   Under 18 and Consindering My Options EmptyTue 16 Feb 2010, 10:11 am

Hope it all went well and you get in here soon to fill us all in on your progress..
Back to top Go down
darkstar
Part of the furniture
darkstar

Female
Number of posts : 1144
Registration date : 2010-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Under 18 and Consindering My Options   Under 18 and Consindering My Options EmptyMon 15 Feb 2010, 10:10 am

Good luck, Keil! Under 18 and Consindering My Options 314541
Back to top Go down
Libby
Top Poster
Top Poster
Libby

Female
Number of posts : 1975
Registration date : 2009-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Under 18 and Consindering My Options   Under 18 and Consindering My Options EmptyMon 15 Feb 2010, 8:55 am

Goodluck for tomorrow Keil.

See you on the other side

Back to top Go down
melbell
Part of the furniture
melbell

Female
Number of posts : 633
Registration date : 2010-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Under 18 and Consindering My Options   Under 18 and Consindering My Options EmptySun 14 Feb 2010, 11:24 am

hey keil

good luck tomorrow .

mel
Back to top Go down
colli71
Part of the furniture
colli71

Female

PostSubject: Re: Under 18 and Consindering My Options   Under 18 and Consindering My Options EmptySun 14 Feb 2010, 9:50 am

Good Luck tomorrow sleeve date buddy

I hope the Op is a breeze & you have a quick recovery.

Under 18 and Consindering My Options 878453 Only one more sleep... although I don't know if I am going to get any sleep tonight with the excitement of it all. I figure it will at least help me sleep when in hospital if I'm tired before I go in.
Cheers
Colleen
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Under 18 and Consindering My Options   Under 18 and Consindering My Options Empty

Back to top Go down

Under 18 and Consindering My Options
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: