Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Having my band removed and being sleeved in the one operation.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Lou
Lou

Female
Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2008-07-17

Having my band removed and being sleeved in the one operation. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Having my band removed and being sleeved in the one operation.   Having my band removed and being sleeved in the one operation. EmptyTue 29 Jul 2008, 12:17 pm

Hi Yvette,

I have just had (21st July) my band removed & sleeved in one surgery, and also had the gallbladder removed at the same time.

My surgeon said that if there was too much inflammation he would not proceed with the sleeve. It was call he'd make on the table.

Well all is well, although in alot of pain for the first 6 days.

I had all the tests also, and was told that everything looked ok, I have had nothing but problems with my band for 9 years.

Well guess what my band was placed way too high which caused all my grief. I finally feel vindicated.

Now looking forward to my new journery with optimism.

Lou.
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Having my band removed and being sleeved in the one operation.   Having my band removed and being sleeved in the one operation. EmptySat 26 Jul 2008, 2:44 am

Hi Yvette
I'm not in Sydney, but not far away - on the Central Coast. I had my op at Kogarah, though.
Chris
Back to top Go down
frangiani

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Having my band removed and being sleeved in the one operation.   Having my band removed and being sleeved in the one operation. EmptySat 26 Jul 2008, 12:34 am

Hi Hayley,

Thanks for your reply. Glad to hear you don't regret losing your band and getting sleeved.

My surgeon has said he wants to remove the band and perform the sleeve in the one operation. It will however be difficult. He has said that after having a band for so many years there will more likely be adhesions and that removing the band would take at the very least 1 1/2 hours. He feels the operation will take somewhere between 3 and 4 hours to perform.

If there is anyone out there who has had the band removed and been sleeved in the one op I would really love to hear from you????

I would just like to say thanks for the welcomes I have received on this forum. Look forward to chatting with you all alot more!! Any Sydneysiders here???

Have a great weekend,

Yvette
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 1588
Registration date : 2008-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Having my band removed and being sleeved in the one operation.   Having my band removed and being sleeved in the one operation. EmptyFri 25 Jul 2008, 11:59 am

Hey Frangiani and welcome!

I was a bandit, I had my band removed at the very end of last year, and then was sleeved 4 months later. I begged them to do the sleeve at the same time as band removal, but they refused to saying that there needed to be more time to heal in between. Unfortunatly I gained alot of weight in that time, which was very depressing I can tell you. So now I am back on the road to losing, and am going really well. I have no regrets at all with the sleeve! None at all.
Ask away anything you like, or if you would rather PM me, thats fine too.
Welcome aboard, I am sure we will chat soon!!

Hayley
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Having my band removed and being sleeved in the one operation.   Having my band removed and being sleeved in the one operation. EmptyFri 25 Jul 2008, 8:31 am

Hi Frangipani and welcome.
Steph's right - there are a few people who have changed over, but like her, I'm not one of them.
I'm sure someone will be able to answer some questions for you, though.
Chris
Back to top Go down
ssteph2342
Top Poster
Top Poster
ssteph2342

Female
Number of posts : 1344
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Having my band removed and being sleeved in the one operation.   Having my band removed and being sleeved in the one operation. EmptyFri 25 Jul 2008, 5:05 am

Welcome Frangiani,

Your time will be here before you know it.

I can't answer your question on the lapband removal because I just went straight for the sleeve but I know some others on here will be able to reply.

Good luck,
steph :flower:
Back to top Go down
frangiani

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Having my band removed and being sleeved in the one operation.   Having my band removed and being sleeved in the one operation. EmptyFri 25 Jul 2008, 4:53 am

Hi, My name is Yvette and on 22nd August (4 weeks from today) I will be having my lapband removed and having a sleeve gastrectomy at the same time. My Doctor is Dr Fenton-Lee in Sydney.

I was banded in Feb 2002 at 115.5kg and lost 41.5kg in ten months therefore getting down to 74kg. (166cm tall).

Things went along fine for a few years until I started getting horrid reflux- both day and night. Nights were the worst with me frequently waking up choking. Dr. F-Lee then performed a gastroscopy which showed my band placement was just fine. All my fill was subsequently removed and I was put on Nexium.

Well since then despite having some fill put back into my band my weight has continued to rise.

Two weeks ago I had a Barium Swallow which showed I reflux in every imaginable position - standing, lying down whatever!!!

My options - 1. keep my band but have all fill removed.
2.Try for more fill and put up with the constant reflux but hopefully start losing weight again. OR
3. Sleeve Gastrectomy.

My husband and I spoke with my Surgeon for absolutely ages last night and I have decided to lose the band and get a sleeve.

I joined this group about a month ago but am only now introducing myself.
I would love to hear from anyone who has had their band removed and been sleeved in the one operation.

Cheers!
Yvette
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Having my band removed and being sleeved in the one operation.   Having my band removed and being sleeved in the one operation. Empty

Back to top Go down

Having my band removed and being sleeved in the one operation.
Page 1 of 1