67 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
MrsFroggie1970

Female
Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2015-06-29

Liquid Stage Recipes Empty
PostSubject: Cream of Chicken Soup   Liquid Stage Recipes EmptyWed 08 Jul 2015, 10:51 am

I'm Day 12 post-op and made this soup yesterday which I found on the taste.com website:  It has a wonderful flavour because you basically make your own stock by cooking the chicken with the bones and then taking them out with all the other solids.  It really was fantastic!

2 cups Campbell's Real Stock Chicken
·          3 (900g) chicken marylands, skin removed
·          1 large brown onion, chopped
·          2 celery stalks, chopped
·          1 medium leek, trimmed, halved, washed, chopped
·          50g butter
·          1/3 cup plain flour
·          1/2 cup pure cream
·          1/4 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves

[size=35]Step 1[/size]

Place 3 1/2 cups cold water, stock, chicken, onion, celery and leek in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, covered, for 1 hour. Transfer chicken to a bowl. Cool slightly. Remove and discard bones. Shred meat. Set aside. Strain stock mixture into a large heatproof jug. Discard solids.
[size=35]Step 2[/size]
Melt butter in pan over medium-high heat. Add flour. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until bubbling. Gradually stir in stock mixture and cream. Cover and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium. Add chicken. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes or until soup thickens slightly. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve.
Back to top Go down
nightowl

Female
Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2013-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Liquid Stage Recipes   Liquid Stage Recipes EmptySat 03 May 2014, 12:11 am

Try a blue cheese in your cauliflower soup if you like a stronger hit of cheese as I do :-)
Back to top Go down
Neens

Female
Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2014-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Liquid Stage Recipes   Liquid Stage Recipes EmptyFri 02 May 2014, 2:53 am

Ok all i have read is about this cauli and Camembert cheese soup 

1 ltr chicken stock
1 large cauli
1/2 onion
125gm wheel camembert cheese

chopped cauli & onion & boiled in chicken stock until really soft. added salt & black pepper (and optional chilli flakes).

cut cheese in half to make 2 wheels, put them in the boiling mix - stir a few minutes and when the cheese is melted lift out the skins with a wooden spoon.

stir a bit longer... then tip the lot into the blender & whiz for a minute.

serve with more cracked pepper on the top! so YUM.

Just bumping this up as I'm home from hospital now an pd really looking forward to making this tomorrow!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Liquid Stage Recipes   Liquid Stage Recipes EmptySat 27 Jul 2013, 10:57 am

Found a fantastic cook book with only soups in it. Majority of them are pureed too.

The One & Only Soups Cookbook published by New Holland

Found it in Collins bookshop for $20
Its about an inch thick!!!!
Back to top Go down
Ting Ting
Ting Ting

Female
Number of posts : 173
Registration date : 2013-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Liquid Stage Recipes   Liquid Stage Recipes EmptyMon 01 Jul 2013, 2:31 am

Finally made and had the cauliflower and camembert soup - Vanessazoe's version - for dinner last night.  ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL.  Does need thinning out with a bit of milk for the liquid stage and heaps of blending to ensure no onion or ham lumps but YUM YUM YUM..!!

Got lots of silverbeet in the garden so will google what I can do with that - I'm on day 11 of 14, liquid stage.
Back to top Go down
Ting Ting
Ting Ting

Female
Number of posts : 173
Registration date : 2013-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Liquid Stage Recipes   Liquid Stage Recipes EmptySat 29 Jun 2013, 8:16 am

Made a half decent soup by blending the crap out of avocado, tomato, garlic, chicken broth, lime juice, onion, milk, salt and pepper - YUM.  First time I'd used my Ninja and it didn't take long at all.

Have since added a bit of mild Nando's sauce into it, just perked it up that little bit more.

Going to try making the infamous cauliflower and camembert soup over the next day or so.
Back to top Go down
Bailey1275

Female
Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2013-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Liquid Stage Recipes   Liquid Stage Recipes EmptyFri 14 Jun 2013, 8:07 am

I am currently stuck on the liquid stage (surgery on 13 May 2013) and struggling to get above 300 calories per day ... so I am getting a little sick of the optifast shakes since I can no longer stand the coffee shakes that I loved before.  I recently brought a variety pack to try the optifast chocolate shake heated up and while it was ok I didn't like it too much.

Last night I ran out of the banana shake and decided to try a vanilla one.    I mixed the vanilla optifast up with water and then heated it up in the microwave ... before stirring in a shaved square of good quality dark chocolate (and Beneprotein power) ... OMG it was just so creamy and yummy. I finally managed to get through a whole optifast shake in no time (normally it takes a good 4+ hours to manage half of one).
Back to top Go down
Kil1980

Female
Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2013-04-17

PostSubject: Re: Liquid Stage Recipes   Liquid Stage Recipes EmptySat 25 May 2013, 9:44 am

Just made a potato And leek soup was sooooo delish
Back to top Go down
KatieKate

Female
Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2012-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Liquid Stage Recipes   Liquid Stage Recipes EmptyTue 21 May 2013, 1:17 pm

Hi everyone,
I just made my first batch of the cauliflower and Camembert soup and might I say - YUM. And I was able to skip a step by using a tub of "Creme de Camembert" (brand = president) which is basically the creamy part of the Camembert without the skin. I bought it at Coles so should be readily available to everyone.
Kate
Back to top Go down
allaboutme
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2013-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Liquid Stage Recipes   Liquid Stage Recipes EmptyThu 21 Mar 2013, 9:07 am

Hi Kel
I made the cauliflower and Camembert soup on the weekend and think this will be one of my meals tomorrow as I am post op day 4. I did have a taste and it was yummy. I have also made some pumpkin soup and a pea and ham soup. Checked out a recipe for egg flips which looked pretty good for high protein.
Back to top Go down
kell_1980
kell_1980

Female
Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2013-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Liquid Stage Recipes   Liquid Stage Recipes EmptyMon 18 Mar 2013, 9:45 pm

What wonderful recipes :)
Thank you everyone.
I'm day 5 post sleeve and going out of my mind on what I can eat.
I'm going to try the cauliflower and Camembert tomorrow.
Sounds delicious :)
Back to top Go down
demilanni
Part of the furniture
demilanni

Female
Number of posts : 458
Registration date : 2012-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Liquid Stage Recipes   Liquid Stage Recipes EmptyThu 11 Oct 2012, 12:52 am

About to cook the infamous cheese and cauli soup. Also grabbing some v8 juice and a couple of cans of soup. Added to the veg soup I have frozen and the left over opti, I'm hoping this will get me through the liquid stage. I might also try blending up the chillie I have in the freezer :)
Back to top Go down
jess86

Female
Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2012-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Liquid Stage Recipes   Liquid Stage Recipes EmptyMon 20 Aug 2012, 10:32 am

Awwwww thanks Steph xxxx :)

P.S If need a chat anytime, I'm here:)
Back to top Go down
ladyscholar
ladyscholar

Female
Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2012-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Liquid Stage Recipes   Liquid Stage Recipes EmptyMon 20 Aug 2012, 8:53 am

many thanks for the beautiful receipe, jess...

last but not least, i thank you deeply from my heart of your friendship...thanks God!!!

xx Liquid Stage Recipes 217555
Back to top Go down
jess86

Female

PostSubject: Re: Liquid Stage Recipes   Liquid Stage Recipes EmptyMon 20 Aug 2012, 7:22 am

Hi Glenmaree,

Dry soup mix is a mixture of split peas and lentils. You can get them from any supermarket around the lentil, dry pea and pearl barley section (in my supermarket it would also be in the isle with tin toms, tuna, etc). Really yummy and add more nutrients to the soup as well as thickens it.
Back to top Go down
glenmaree
Part of the furniture
glenmaree

Female
Number of posts : 745
Registration date : 2011-05-22

PostSubject: dry soup mix   Liquid Stage Recipes EmptyMon 20 Aug 2012, 6:56 am

Hi

What is dry soup mix and where can it be brought

Thanks

Glenys
Back to top Go down
jess86

Female

PostSubject: Re: Liquid Stage Recipes   Liquid Stage Recipes EmptyMon 20 Aug 2012, 6:38 am

Hi Sleevers,

Just thought I'd add a really nice recipe I tried. Been very conforting during the liquid stage of post-op :)

HEARTY CHICKEN AND VEGETABLE SOUP

GREAT FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY AND I JUST STICK BLENDED MY PORTION, ADDED A BIT MORE WATER FOR A MORE LIQUID CONSISTENCY AND FROZE A HEAP OF IT FOR THE NEXT WEEK OR SO.

Preparation Time + Cooking Time

20 - 30 minutes + 75 minutes

Ingredients (serves 6)

2 tablespoons olive oil

1 leek, halved, washed, thinly sliced

2 garlic cloves, crushed

1 large carrot, peeled, diced

2 sticks celery, diced

2 small zucchini, diced

1 swede or turnip, peeled, diced

1 1/4 cups dry soup mix, rinsed (see note)

8 cups chicken stock

1kg skinless chicken lovely legs

Method

Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add leek and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until soft but not coloured. Add carrot, celery, zucchini and swede. Cook for 2 minutes. Stir in soup mix, stock, chicken and 1 cup cold water. Increase heat to high. Bring to the boil.

Reduce heat to low. Simmer, partially covered, stirring occasionally, for 1 hour or until soup mix and vegetables are tender.

Remove chicken legs from soup. Allow to cool slightly. Remove meat from bones. Roughly chop chicken meat and add to soup. Season with salt and pepper. Ladle soup into warmed bowls. Serve.
Back to top Go down
100%-er
Top Poster
Top Poster
100%-er

Female
Number of posts : 1217
Registration date : 2011-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Liquid Stage Recipes   Liquid Stage Recipes EmptyMon 27 Feb 2012, 9:14 am

Well done on making the different soups, Serina.

I froze the camembert and cheese soup, no probs.

Even though it doesn't feel like it, you will be over this stage soon enough!
Back to top Go down
Serina

Female
Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2011-07-13

PostSubject: Re: Liquid Stage Recipes   Liquid Stage Recipes EmptyMon 27 Feb 2012, 9:09 am

I stirred some pureed cooked chicken through the soup tonight and it was quite nice
Back to top Go down
Serina

Female

PostSubject: Re: Liquid Stage Recipes   Liquid Stage Recipes EmptySun 26 Feb 2012, 5:34 am

Ok made the soup. Not bad at all, glad i added the garlic. With a piece of crusty bread it would be just perfect, oh well maybe in 6 months lol
Back to top Go down
mandi5508
Part of the furniture
mandi5508

Female
Number of posts : 446
Registration date : 2011-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Liquid Stage Recipes   Liquid Stage Recipes EmptySat 25 Feb 2012, 11:18 pm

I froze it and it was fine.
Back to top Go down
Serina

Female

PostSubject: Re: Liquid Stage Recipes   Liquid Stage Recipes EmptySat 25 Feb 2012, 10:31 am

Ok all i have read is about this cauli and Camembert cheese soup. Since it took me 4 pages to find it i am giving it a bump.
And yes i will be making it tomorrow.
Can i just ask as i really cant think straight in my lots of pain killer lack of food state - This wouldn't freeze would it?

1 ltr chicken stock
1 large cauli
1/2 onion
125gm wheel camembert cheese

chopped cauli & onion & boiled in chicken stock until really soft. added salt & black pepper (and optional chilli flakes).

cut cheese in half to make 2 wheels, put them in the boiling mix - stir a few minutes and when the cheese is melted lift out the skins with a wooden spoon.

stir a bit longer... then tip the lot into the blender & whiz for a minute.

serve with more cracked pepper on the top! so YUM.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Liquid Stage Recipes   Liquid Stage Recipes EmptyThu 12 Jan 2012, 9:32 am

LittleMissCee wrote:

I'll be making pumpkin soup tomorrow, and going to try another one with beans, ham, cheese & tomato soup.
If anyone has a really nice, but slightly different (to the norm) recipe of pumpkin soup, please share as I would love to trial it!
I have a friend who recommended me this pumpkin soup for diabetes (slightly better on the fat content)
http://www.abc.net.au/local/recipes/2008/06/05/2266051.htm
the lemon gives it quite a nice zing and makes it nicer as a summer soup.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Soups   Liquid Stage Recipes EmptyThu 12 Jan 2012, 9:28 am

Hey all, thought I would share 2 of my favourite soups

Spicy Potato and Leek Soup with caramelised garlic and lemon myrtle
Ingredients
1 bulb garlic (peeled and left whole)
2 medium onions (peeled and left whole)
3 red/purple sweet potatoes
1 carrot
1 stick celery
1 pint cream (570ml)
Spice Mix – TOASTED TOGETHER (cummin, marsala, curry and cardamon)Ground Cummin 2 tsp
Garam Marsala 2tsp
Curry Powder 1tsp
Cardamon 1tsp

Chicken/Vegetable Stock
Brown Sugar
Lemon Myrtle 1tsp
1 bunch coriander (root and leaves)
1 or 2 Leeks
2 royal blue potatoes

Method
Caramelise onions with garlic, butter and brown sugar.
Add peeled chopped sweet potato, royal blue potato, carrot, celery and toasted spices.
Add cream, stock, coriander and lemon myrtle.
Simmer until all is tender, then puree.
Slice leek and add to soup.
Simmer again for 10 minutes and serve hot with crème fraiche and toasted leek (green part of stalk) as garnish (shred).

Cauliflower & blue cheese soup
Ingredients
20g butter, chopped
1 large brown onion, halved, finely chopped
1 tablespoon mustard powder
500g cauliflower, cut into florets
3 cups vegetable stock
2 cups water
60g mild blue vein cheese, chopped
½ cup light thickened cream
Chopped fresh chives, to garnish

Method
1. Heat oil and butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes
2. Add mustard powder and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Stir in cauliflower. Add stock and water and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 20 minutes or until cauliflower is tender. Remove from heat. Set aside for 10 minutes to cool slightly.
3. Blend soup, in batches, until smooth. Place soup in a clean saucepan. Add cheese and stir over low heat until hot and cheese melts. Taste and season with salt and ground white pepper.
4. Ladle soup among serving bowls. Sprinkle with chives.
Back to top Go down
vanessazoe
vanessazoe

Female
Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2011-11-24

PostSubject: A tweak on the cauliflower soup    Liquid Stage Recipes EmptyWed 21 Dec 2011, 12:24 am

I was reading through the forums and finally found the recipe for the cauli soup. Went to Coles yesterday and bought the ingredients for it but added a few of my own as well. It just increased the protein and a few other nutritional things.

1 x large cauliflower
1 x tablespoon fresh parsley
1 x onion (small or large it doesn't matter)
1/2 - 1 bulb (head) garlic chopped up
salt to taste (the cheese and stock are salty...so be careful with how much salt you add).
pepper to taste
1.5 L chicken stock (I used Massel vegetable chicken stock because it was on special)
3 or 4 pieces of shaved Virginian ham (you could use shoulder ham too I think...any ham really)
1/4 - 1/2 cup cream...I am a 'go by the way it tastes and looks kind of cook', so I'm not very specific with measurements always
1 x camembert wheel (125g) - Coles had Australian Gold on special @ 2 for $7. After having made the soup I am positive I will use the second wheel of cheese when I make it again.

• Give or take adding some water if it looks too thick

In a pan: saute the onion, ham, parsley and garlic. This allows all of those flavours to meet up and start infusing.

In a big pot: boil 1.5L chicken stock. When it's boiled, add finely chopped cauliflower. Keep boiling until cauliflower is very soft.

Cut the cheese wheel in half. Throw both halves in the pot of stock / cauli. Boil until cheese mostly comes away from the skins. Retrieve with tongs. Whilst holding the cheese with the tongs, scrape off any remaining bits of cheese and add to the pot. Discard the skins.

Add the sauteed ingredients from the pan into the soup mix. Add about 1/4 - 1/2 cup cream as well as some pepper and a wee amount of salt. Stir it all in.

Remove from the heat / stove top. Allow to cool down a bit before adding to a blender. I had a friend who put a hot soup in her blender and the glass blender jug cracked.

I poured mine into a large juice type jug and used a bar mix stick to puree / refine it. All of the ingredients were then of a very smooth consistency and it resmbled soup rather than a stew.

It made a very delicious soup. I was able to get the rest of the family to eat it as a starter for their dinner (even my 3 young children enjoyed it).

I was sleeved on 14 December. I am one week post op as I write this. Have found many useful recipes on this forum. Thanks to all those who have posted. I am making the turkish lentil soup today.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Liquid Stage Recipes   Liquid Stage Recipes Empty

Back to top Go down

Liquid Stage Recipes
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next