Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Larns5
Larns5

Female
Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2011-06-19

Dr Andrew Russell, Rockhampton Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr Andrew Russell, Rockhampton   Dr Andrew Russell, Rockhampton EmptyFri 04 Apr 2014, 4:08 am

Hi Guys,
I guess like you I had had enough of being overweight and being in a larger sized family I decided to put an end to it once and for all.
Kimii, I am also in Gladstone and am 2yrs 8mths post op and would be happy to catch up with you if you had any questions or anything.

I did however have a complication :( So there are some things I wouldn't be able to tell you like the immediate afterwards. But I have plenty of people who have also had the surgery so could find the answers for you.

Cheers,
Alana
Back to top Go down
Looloo

Female
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2014-03-27

PostSubject: Got my date 16/4/14!   Dr Andrew Russell, Rockhampton EmptyWed 02 Apr 2014, 9:58 pm

Wow, I met Dr Anrew Russell and what a lovely man he is.  My bookin date is 16/4/14.  Feeling very nervous...
Back to top Go down
Looloo

Female
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2014-03-27

PostSubject: Dr Andrew Russell - Rockhampton    Dr Andrew Russell, Rockhampton EmptyMon 31 Mar 2014, 9:54 pm

Hello everyone, today I meet Dr Russell for the first time and get my bookin date. Feeling nervous and excited at my new journey! Hope everyone is doing well 

Dr Andrew Russell, Rockhampton 21984
Back to top Go down
kymii
kymii

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2013-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Dr Andrew Russell, Rockhampton   Dr Andrew Russell, Rockhampton EmptyFri 27 Dec 2013, 10:22 am

Hello Everyone :)

Im going for my consultation in Feb 2014 and just read through previous posts and it seems this surgery is quite successful :) Congrats to you all! 

What made everyone decide to have the surgery done? If you dont mind my asking :) x
Back to top Go down
rexy01
rexy01

Female
Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2012-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Dr Andrew Russell, Rockhampton   Dr Andrew Russell, Rockhampton EmptySun 24 Nov 2013, 8:06 am

Hi Mumblewoo!

I was sleeved in February - have lost almost 47kgs!!!

Anyway, Dr Russell charged $5000 and  Dr Mahmood $1500.  I had no private cover so paid for it all myself - total cost for the surgery and hospital stay was just under $23000.  Hope that helps.
Back to top Go down
Mumblewoo

Female
Registration date : 2013-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Dr Andrew Russell, Rockhampton   Dr Andrew Russell, Rockhampton EmptySat 23 Nov 2013, 8:08 pm

Hi everyone can anyone give me an indication of te cost for dr russel now self funding? Cheers Dianne
Back to top Go down
aliciamichelle
aliciamichelle

Female
Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2013-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Dr Andrew Russell, Rockhampton   Dr Andrew Russell, Rockhampton EmptyWed 27 Mar 2013, 3:17 pm

Hi all! I was sleeved by Dr Russell on 11/2/13 with anethisist Dr Vermulan. I can honestly say those pair have given me a new lease on life. If it wasn't for them I'd slowly be still climbing the ladder towards 150kg and a heart attack! My dietitian is Dr Janelle Day whom is wonderful, she doesn't miss out on giving you the correct info and is more then happy to answer questions.

On the day of my surgery I was fine, until I got to the dietitians rooms for my post op fase instructions. I completely broke down due to nerves. I wanted this done so badly I was just so nervous all day. Once I'd had my special shower and was waiting once again I began to think and became hysterical... All the nurses and staff were excellent, they showed so much compassion and allowed my mum and partner into the waiting area with me.

Post op all nurses were great especially since I had cri get up and pee almost every half hour. There was 1 nurse in particular her name was AJ, she is on the shorter side and always wore her curly hair pulled back. She was the best nurse I could of had, I take my hat off to her!

Overall my experience was and contained to be more then excellent!
Back to top Go down
Katie1975

Female
Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2012-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Dr Andrew Russell, Rockhampton   Dr Andrew Russell, Rockhampton EmptySat 23 Mar 2013, 7:04 am

I was sleeved by Dr Russell In aug 2012 after Lapband by another dr went very wrong. So far have lost 33 kg. lovely dr explains everything and very positive experience compared to my previous experience as I was very apprehensive
Back to top Go down
New_Girl_Jess
New_Girl_Jess

Female
Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2013-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Dr Andrew Russell, Rockhampton   Dr Andrew Russell, Rockhampton EmptySat 02 Mar 2013, 10:59 pm

Hi
Getting Sleeved by Dr Russell on 8/4... the countdown is on.......
previously had a lapband, also by Dr Russell and thus the reason I am going back, htey are so lovely and supportive, can't fault them at all

Back to top Go down
peyow

Female
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2013-01-23

PostSubject: Geeting sleeved with Dr Russell   Dr Andrew Russell, Rockhampton EmptyTue 19 Feb 2013, 4:24 am

Hi there,

I am also going with Dr Russell for sleeving on the 19th June.

Am happy with all appointments and meetings so far. He has also sleeved 3 friends that have had fantastic results.

Dr Andrew Russell, Rockhampton 65317
Back to top Go down
rexy01
rexy01

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Andrew Russell, Rockhampton   Dr Andrew Russell, Rockhampton EmptyFri 15 Feb 2013, 9:12 am

Agree with everything allforme has said, Dr Russell is excellent, I was sleeved last week and hubby this week and all has gone smoothly. He will always answer questions and he shows a genuine concern. I was sleeved on a Wednesday so my anesthetist was Dr Mahmood - excellent also, and charged less than the other guy (if finances are an issue!). I spent three nights in the Mater and it cost around $13 000.
Back to top Go down
allforme

Female
Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2012-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Dr Andrew Russell, Rockhampton   Dr Andrew Russell, Rockhampton EmptyThu 14 Feb 2013, 11:53 pm

Hi Babyone :) I am almost 4 weeks post op after surgery with Dr Russell. I can definitely recomend him, as I have had no issues and everything is going to plan. My loss has already stalled :( but apparently this can be normal for some people and it will all start to happen again soon. since Dec 17 (when I started opti) I have lost 22kgs. 15 on Opti and 7 post op. My costs where $5000 to surgeon and $2100 to anethetist but the anethetist refunded $1100 as he didn't need to use the quoted amount. (how nice was that? I would never know what he used. His name is Dr Vermullen, bloody lovely man, I would use him again in a heart beat) you will then have rebates from PHI if covered and some also from medicare. Dr Russell is very skilled and knowledgable, but I would recommend you have a list of questions for all of your visits, as he seems to be in a hurry. And I get it, the man is ovbiously very busy. He will always answer your questions, with helpful answers, but just make sure you have them ready or he'll be on his way out the door to the next person. :) good luck with your journey!
Back to top Go down
babyone

Female
Registration date : 2013-02-14

PostSubject: Dr Andree Russell   Dr Andrew Russell, Rockhampton EmptyThu 14 Feb 2013, 12:10 pm

[Hi all I am seeing Dr Russell next month for the first time and am really scared. Does anyone know the total cost of surgery these days, cheerDr Andrew Russell, Rockhampton 970802
Back to top Go down
Bex
Part of the furniture
Bex

Female
Number of posts : 449
Registration date : 2012-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Dr Andrew Russell, Rockhampton   Dr Andrew Russell, Rockhampton EmptySat 22 Dec 2012, 11:15 am

Hey Allforme, I was sleeved in August by Dr Russell and its the best thing I've done click on my diary link below for my experience I'm now 61 kilos and feel fantastic Good Luck :D
Back to top Go down
allforme

Female
Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2012-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Dr Andrew Russell, Rockhampton   Dr Andrew Russell, Rockhampton EmptySat 22 Dec 2012, 4:24 am

A am due to be sleeved by Doctor Russell in Rockhampton on January 21, and the comments I have read here definitely help put my mind at ease. He was so friendly and helpful at our consultation, and he did explain the complications that could arise. Larns5 story has really freaked me out, but I genuinely appreciate her sharing something so personal and frightening with all of us, so the pre sleeve people can make an informed decision on this procedure. I won't lie, I'm terrified :( it has taken me 2 years to make this decision, after a friend had it done. But I think this is the right thing for me. Doctor Russell told me as long as everything was going to schedule I would be discharged at 3-4 days after the op, but he asked that I make arrangements to stay in Rockhampton for another few days before travelling the almost 2 hours home, just to make sure my body has had time to heal. I suppose this request has come about from Larn5's experience :( I have already organised the extra time there, as I want to follow every single thing I'm told to do, to give the procedure every chance to work properly. Thank you to everyone that has contributed to this post, as it has helped calm my nerves after reading Larns5 terrible story.
Back to top Go down
scottnarelle3

Female
Registration date : 2012-12-10

PostSubject: DR Andrew Russell   Dr Andrew Russell, Rockhampton EmptyTue 11 Dec 2012, 1:09 am

i will be being sleeved by dr Russell also :). i have my 1st appointment at the matter hospital tomorrow, but just with the normal gp, and then i see dieatician and DR Russell in febuary. I am hopping to be sleeved in march. I so cant wait for my new journay to begin :)
Back to top Go down
minime1967

Female
Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2011-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Dr Andrew Russell, Rockhampton   Dr Andrew Russell, Rockhampton EmptyWed 17 Oct 2012, 1:41 pm

Yep I am - just need to book my date in Feb 2013. Dr Andrew Russell, Rockhampton 120705
Back to top Go down
rexy01
rexy01

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Andrew Russell, Rockhampton   Dr Andrew Russell, Rockhampton EmptyWed 17 Oct 2012, 12:51 pm

Seeing Dr Russell in three weeks and hoping to be sleeved in late January...happy to read all the positive comments about him...takes some of the nerves away!
Back to top Go down
Bex
Part of the furniture
Bex

Female
Number of posts : 449
Registration date : 2012-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Dr Andrew Russell, Rockhampton   Dr Andrew Russell, Rockhampton EmptySun 24 Jun 2012, 9:58 am

Anyone else getting sleeved by Dr Russell this year?
Back to top Go down
Larns5
Larns5

Female
Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2011-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Dr Andrew Russell, Rockhampton   Dr Andrew Russell, Rockhampton EmptySun 18 Dec 2011, 6:45 am

Hi Guys,

I thought it is only fair to say that although my experience with Dr Russell and the Mater hospital was according to plan, pleasant and problem free.. however I sprung a leak after leaving hospital, leaving me in hospital/home on NG Tube feedings for almost 15 weeks.
I would use Dr Russell again and I do not believe it is the workmanship that was the problem.
To read my story, There is a ''my hell'' and ''my hell continued'' in the complications section or if you are a facebook fan, look for me.. Larns tubby to terrfic. ( https://www.facebook.com/#!/Larns5 )

Cheers :o)
Alana
Back to top Go down
SloJo
Part of the furniture
SloJo

Female
Number of posts : 203
Registration date : 2011-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Dr Andrew Russell, Rockhampton   Dr Andrew Russell, Rockhampton EmptyWed 09 Nov 2011, 3:06 am

Hi Angelpenny!

I am 4 weeks post op and have had a breeze run so far. My experience with Dr Russell is very positive. He is a down to earth person who is happy to answer any questions you may have (regardless of how silly they are). I also liked the fact he doesn't gloss over the risks of the procedure.

I know everyone's surgery/recovery is different but I haven't had any problems which I believe is thanks to his ability as a surgeon. Also, his staff are very helpful. I liked the fact that I could call (during hours of course) and ask questions as most of the office staff are also nurses...saves them having to refer you to Dr Russell for any non-urgent/concerning issues.

(Staff at the Mater were awesome too).

Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
angelpenny
angelpenny

Female
Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2011-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Dr Andrew Russell, Rockhampton   Dr Andrew Russell, Rockhampton EmptyMon 07 Nov 2011, 7:50 pm

Hello Is there anyone with any more recent thoughts on Dr Russell?
Back to top Go down
Beckstar77
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 214
Registration date : 2011-01-01

PostSubject: Re: Dr Andrew Russell, Rockhampton   Dr Andrew Russell, Rockhampton EmptyMon 15 Aug 2011, 11:53 pm

He charged me $4500. Plus anaesthetist costs of course.
Back to top Go down
tania

Female
Registration date : 2011-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Dr Andrew Russell, Rockhampton   Dr Andrew Russell, Rockhampton EmptyMon 15 Aug 2011, 9:15 am

Hi Can anyone tell me what the costs are involved with the getting the Sleeve done with Dr Russell - I have private Health Insurance? Thanks
Back to top Go down
SloJo
Part of the furniture
SloJo

Female
Number of posts : 203
Registration date : 2011-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Dr Andrew Russell, Rockhampton   Dr Andrew Russell, Rockhampton EmptySun 29 May 2011, 11:24 am

Thanks Trina!

I will definitely call his office. I'm quite sure now I will ask my GP for a referral to see him, rather than go to Brisbane. I haven't heard a negative comment about him yet, so that is a plus!!! I noticed that you had a complication when you had your sleeve, but I'm assuming that this was just bad luck and one of the problems that can happen to anyone with this procedure (as you still recommend Dr Russell)???

I'm sure I could ask him his opinion anyway about exercise therapist, if he doesn't have someone on his team.
I have never seen a psychologist, but am very interested if they can help with my eating habits etc. so I think I would give it a go - no harm in trying hey?

Thanks again for your reply.

Cheers
Jodi
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dr Andrew Russell, Rockhampton   Dr Andrew Russell, Rockhampton Empty

Back to top Go down

Dr Andrew Russell, Rockhampton
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next