Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Peppa101

Female
Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2017-08-03

Terrified of puking Empty
PostSubject: the spewing thing   Terrified of puking EmptyThu 03 Aug 2017, 9:08 am

wilrc1 wrote:
I have to say i have a phobia of spewing too, i haven't been sick in about 20yrs but in the last 9 months since my operation i have come close three times, one was from eating black rice, one from eating pot noodle and another from eating some potato chips then having dry ginger ale... don't mix well!, the slimes people talk about are real but i only get it for about 5min but as soon as the nausea goes so does the slime, personally this is the best operation i could have had done, i recently had a medical check-up and was told my weight to height was perfect, have lost 58kg in 9 months and feel great, just make sure you don't over eat and eat meats and high protein foods first, carbs last.. personally after the meat and bit of veg i am full, if you are careful you don't need to worry about vomiting.
Great to hear about your success. I'm just starting on my journey. I have to learn very quickly to eat slower! Not a drinker, just like food a little too much.
Back to top Go down
Luna1976

Female
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2016-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Terrified of puking   Terrified of puking EmptyTue 11 Apr 2017, 10:51 am

Thank you all for the replies. In 2 days I'll be at 10 weeks and haven't thrown up at all :)

Once or twice I've felt like I've eaten a little too much and it's been a little bit uncomfortable and I can hear the food gurgle on the way down, but I haven't felt any nausea at all.

I also stopped taking my prescribed indigestion/heartburn medication in about week 3 because I think it was making my tummy break out in a rash. I'm not suffering any indigestion anyway. All in all, it's going pretty smoothly for me :)
Back to top Go down
wilrc1

Male
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2016-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Terrified of puking   Terrified of puking EmptySat 01 Apr 2017, 11:07 pm

I have to say i have a phobia of spewing too, i haven't been sick in about 20yrs but in the last 9 months since my operation i have come close three times, one was from eating black rice, one from eating pot noodle and another from eating some potato chips then having dry ginger ale... don't mix well!, the slimes people talk about are real but i only get it for about 5min but as soon as the nausea goes so does the slime, personally this is the best operation i could have had done, i recently had a medical check-up and was told my weight to height was perfect, have lost 58kg in 9 months and feel great, just make sure you don't over eat and eat meats and high protein foods first, carbs last.. personally after the meat and bit of veg i am full, if you are careful you don't need to worry about vomiting.
Back to top Go down
Groovy
Groovy

Female
Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2016-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Terrified of puking   Terrified of puking EmptySat 25 Feb 2017, 9:46 pm

I have only vomited once post op, and that was from eating some Tamar Valley yoghurt too quickly (for some reason I've always found this brand of yoghurt really filling, God know why?). I felt sick, went to the toilet and only brought up a mouth full. Didn't force it, it just came up. Never had vomiting since.

I did get regurgitation in the first month post op, though. I think I was eating too fast (the difference between regurgitation and vomiting is that vomiting comes out with force usually accompanied by nausea, regurgitation is when the food just comes straight back up, undigested and with no nausea at all - always because you're eating too much or too fast. Gross lol). That settled really quickly and I've never had it since.

Some people are really unlucky and hurl continuously for the first year or two. I'm yet to read/hear of anyone who continues after that unless there is a structural problem with their sleeve or their eating style. It's impossible to tell which category you'll fall into (no problems at all vs continuous hurler), but there are drugs you can take that will help with nausea part of it. Best of luck.
Back to top Go down
greenfrog
Part of the furniture
greenfrog

Female
Number of posts : 634
Registration date : 2012-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Terrified of puking   Terrified of puking EmptyWed 22 Feb 2017, 11:08 am

I will try:
I don't like throwing up either, its not a phobia, but I was really worried about it at the start.
How soon after you eat, do you puke?
If I ate something that didn't agree with me, I would start feeling nauseous, then I would the the 'slimmies'.  Then... I knew I had to make a quick dash to the bathroom and I would throw up a little bit usually.

Do you have to force yourself to puke the bad food, or does it just happen?
I didn't have a say, it just happened.

Are you puking because you have eaten too much, or is it the type of food you are eating?
The first time I threw up it was because of elevit multi vitamins!  yep... I took my multi vitamins and got the 'slimmies'.  The first time it happened from food, it was just too early in the sleeve process.  It just reminded me to slow down.   I was pretty lucky, it didn't happen very often.

I have a friend who had his sleeve done about a year ago... and he throws up all the time.  But its because he over eats.  I think its become a bit of a game for him, eat then throw up the extra.!

Does anyone puke from drinking too much water/cordial/juices etc?
I have never done that.  I do feel nauseous sometimes if I drink straight water too quickly, but I have never thrown up from water.

Does anyone try to suppress the vomit and not end up vomiting at all?
Nope, I don't have a choice.  It happens so fast, and I always feel better afterwards, so I have never bothered trying to suppress the vomit.

Mods: I think I posted this in the wrong forum. Please move to Post Op please :)
Back to top Go down
Luna1976

Female
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2016-01-11

PostSubject: Terrified of puking   Terrified of puking EmptyWed 22 Feb 2017, 2:46 am

Hi everyone, I'm 20 days post op and so far, I'm doing really well. I'm not eating a whole lot, partly because I'm not hungry and partly because I'm terrified of puking. This is a phobia that I've had all my life and i've always done everything I can to stop myself from vomiting.

Can any of you help me with some questions I have about puking please :)

How soon after you eat, do you puke?

Do you have to force yourself to puke the bad food, or does it just happen?

Are you puking because you have eaten too much, or is it the type of food you are eating?

Does anyone puke from drinking too much water/cordial/juices etc?

Does anyone try to suppress the vomit and not end up vomiting at all?

Any help with this is so appreciated :)

Mods: I think I posted this in the wrong forum. Please move to Post Op please :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Terrified of puking   Terrified of puking Empty

Back to top Go down

Terrified of puking
Page 1 of 1