Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
liquefiedstars
liquefiedstars

Female
Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2008-07-15

well where are the kiwi's? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: well where are the kiwi's?   well where are the kiwi's? - Page 3 EmptyMon 27 Jul 2009, 12:46 pm

First topic message reminder :

I thought, cool a sight for kiwis but there is nothing here. Am I the only one?
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Keridwyn
Part of the furniture

Number of posts : 304
Registration date : 2009-05-03

PostSubject: Re: well where are the kiwi's?   well where are the kiwi's? - Page 3 EmptyTue 16 Mar 2010, 9:57 pm

Good luck Wendy.

Hunger was my issue. Please be aware that for most this will fix with sleeve surgery but there is still a chance it might not. Mine did not although it is hugely better (something small will fix it now which is good). But I can still eat a meal and have zero feedback saying you are full don't eat more.

My sleeve has been a success but you do need to undertake the surgery understanding there is a good chance you will have to continue to work hard post of to make goal. I am now at a stage I can easily overeat if I do not remain vigilant.
Back to top Go down
wendy.stewart54

Female
Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2010-03-14

PostSubject: New at this   well where are the kiwi's? - Page 3 EmptyTue 16 Mar 2010, 3:32 am

Hi, I am a West Aucklander, considering having a gastric sleeve. Will be going to Dr Fris' information evening next week. I am really thankful that I have found this support group. Forty years of battling is now enough for me. Interestingly, only once have I talked to my GP about this excruciating hunger, this inability to stop eating. He put me on reductil, which stopped working for me after one month.
Watch this space!
Back to top Go down
Mystic
Mystic

Female
Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2010-01-08

PostSubject: Re: well where are the kiwi's?   well where are the kiwi's? - Page 3 EmptySat 09 Jan 2010, 8:06 am

thank you so much, i thought i would have the nerves going, but i am really happy about my choice and eally looking forward to it, all honesty its only when i chatch a reflection in a window or see a photo do i really understand how big i am, as i do not feel as big as i am, which is weird in a way,

i had heard some people talking a different meal replacement not sure what it was called right now but they said it was better than opti fast, but may be i will the one that likes it. well where are the kiwi's? - Page 3 65317

thank you i will check out the pharmacy direct

most people have told me that the berry one is the best so maybe i will stick with that one for now
Back to top Go down
sutbr01
sutbr01

Male
Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2009-07-23

PostSubject: Re: well where are the kiwi's?   well where are the kiwi's? - Page 3 EmptySat 09 Jan 2010, 6:22 am

Hi Mystic, different surgeons have different pre surgery processes to follow, the surgeons dietician should advise you on your pre-surgery dietary process.

Most people go on Optifast for a period of 2-4 weeks. The main purpose is to reduce fat around the organs prior to surgery. They have to lift the liver to gain access to your stomach, the less fat, the potential less for surgery complications.

The optifast process is not to test your will.

I am 3 months post surgery, I thought Optifast was vile (especially the Vanilla, Chocolate OK, strawberry the best), post surgery I still have an Optifast for breakfast most days of the week and enjoy the taste. Pharmacy direct are the cheapest online provider of Optifast that I have found.

All the best on your journey, keeping asking questions on the forum, they are a great bunch to help.

Everyones journey is different with the Gastric Sleeve but the journey is not one that you will regret.

Take care...
Back to top Go down
Mystic
Mystic

Female
Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2010-01-08

PostSubject: another nz'er   well where are the kiwi's? - Page 3 EmptyFri 08 Jan 2010, 1:00 am

Hi i will be joining the ranks within the next 4 months,
after so many tried and failed attemps i finally listened to my doctor lol

what did people do beofre the hospital put them on opti fast
Back to top Go down
Keridwyn
Part of the furniture
Keridwyn

Female

PostSubject: Re: well where are the kiwi's?   well where are the kiwi's? - Page 3 EmptySun 29 Nov 2009, 8:35 pm

Good luck Bexi. Sadly I am in Chch or I would most happily meet for a chat. Hopefully one of our Aucklanders can oblige.

If anyone reading this is Chch based and wants a post op view then pm me on the forums anytime.
Back to top Go down
Bexi
Bexi

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-11-28

PostSubject: Re: well where are the kiwi's?   well where are the kiwi's? - Page 3 EmptySun 29 Nov 2009, 9:37 am

Lets bring the forum alive again!

Im due for my first appointment towards the surgery tomorrow afternoon - extremely nervous! Would love to go for a coffee with some fellow sleevers!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/bex_powley
Bjhunnicutt
Bjhunnicutt

Female
Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-11-25

PostSubject: Re: well where are the kiwi's?   well where are the kiwi's? - Page 3 EmptySat 28 Nov 2009, 11:23 pm

Seems like I'm a bit late with this forum!

In Auckland, Mission Bay. (Currently) Born and Bred on the North Shore of Bayswater, Auckland.

If anyone is keen, I would like to meet up with you guys - maybe coffee?
Back to top Go down
kittycat
kittycat

Female
Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2008-08-17

PostSubject: Re: well where are the kiwi's?   well where are the kiwi's? - Page 3 EmptyWed 16 Sep 2009, 9:52 am

Hi from a fellow kiwi - Aucklander...seems to be a few of us on here somewhere. I am over a year post-op but unfortunatley haven't reached my target yet....still hoping too ! Had Dr Michael Booth as my surgeon. I get together every couple of months or so with a really nice group of sleevers and lap abbders - most of them Dr Fris patients up in Albany, its great watching everyone shrink and sharing our journey.
Cat.
Back to top Go down
raisedbycats
Part of the furniture
raisedbycats

Female
Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2009-03-02

PostSubject: Re: well where are the kiwi's?   well where are the kiwi's? - Page 3 EmptySat 12 Sep 2009, 1:13 am

Hi Sharon,

Welcome to the sleevers forum.
Back to top Go down
changeforbest2
changeforbest2

Female
Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2009-09-11

PostSubject: Another Kiwi   well where are the kiwi's? - Page 3 EmptyFri 11 Sep 2009, 1:41 pm

Hello everyone

I am a kiwi but have lived in Perth, WA since 1984 after moving here from my hometown of Auckland. I had a lap band in Dec 2008 and after very limited success had a BPD biliopancreatic diversion (gastric bypass) 3/6/09 and am doing great. Lost 17.7 kilos since June and lost 77.5cm or 30 1/4 inches so am thrilled. Have met so many lap bandits and sleevers and a couple of bypassers too. The friendship alone makes the surgery worthwhile let alone the health benefits etc.

Sharon well where are the kiwi's? - Page 3 314541
Back to top Go down
Tazza
Tazza

Female
Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2009-08-07

PostSubject: Re: well where are the kiwi's?   well where are the kiwi's? - Page 3 EmptyTue 01 Sep 2009, 10:48 am

I'm Onehunga - so Central good for me.
Back to top Go down
raisedbycats
Part of the furniture
raisedbycats

Female

PostSubject: Re: well where are the kiwi's?   well where are the kiwi's? - Page 3 EmptyTue 01 Sep 2009, 10:47 am

Yep,

I'm a Westie but could also do something central. Others?
Back to top Go down
Tazza
Tazza

Female
Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2009-08-07

PostSubject: Re: well where are the kiwi's?   well where are the kiwi's? - Page 3 EmptyTue 01 Sep 2009, 9:38 am

oooh, and count me in as an Auckland based sleever! Does that make 5 then?
Back to top Go down
raisedbycats
Part of the furniture
raisedbycats

Female

PostSubject: Re: well where are the kiwi's?   well where are the kiwi's? - Page 3 EmptySat 29 Aug 2009, 10:42 pm

I think there are at least 4 of us now.
Back to top Go down
sutbr01
sutbr01

Male

PostSubject: Re: Subject: Kiwi in Auckland   well where are the kiwi's? - Page 3 EmptySat 29 Aug 2009, 10:00 pm

Well done Lin, hope your recovery is going well, I am set for 28/9, start optifast soon and looking forward to the change.

If we get enough Aucklanders online maybe we can organise a catch up.
Back to top Go down
linnz

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-08-29

PostSubject: Kiwi in Auckland   well where are the kiwi's? - Page 3 EmptySat 29 Aug 2009, 9:38 pm

I've just had my gastric sleeve surgery, still very cautiously discovering what I can and cannot eat, might stick to the yoghurt for a couple more days I think lol.
Back to top Go down
sutbr01
sutbr01

Male

PostSubject: Re: well where are the kiwi's?   well where are the kiwi's? - Page 3 EmptySat 01 Aug 2009, 6:43 am

Maybe just the reserved Kiwi way, but we are here in numbers?
Back to top Go down
Jillybean
Part of the furniture
Jillybean

Female
Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: well where are the kiwi's?   well where are the kiwi's? - Page 3 EmptyTue 28 Jul 2009, 2:25 am

I'm sitting at my desk in Fremantle Western Australia and its was about 5deg this morning. Can't wait for Summer.
Back to top Go down
Keridwyn
Part of the furniture
Keridwyn

Female

PostSubject: Re: well where are the kiwi's?   well where are the kiwi's? - Page 3 EmptyTue 28 Jul 2009, 12:44 am

Same here in Chch, at work, hating the cold weather and hoping summer is soon.
Back to top Go down
raisedbycats
Part of the furniture
raisedbycats

Female

PostSubject: Re: well where are the kiwi's?   well where are the kiwi's? - Page 3 EmptyMon 27 Jul 2009, 9:52 pm

I'm here, sitting in my office overlooking the bush of the Waitakere Ranges. Ah its so tough working from home.
Back to top Go down
liquefiedstars
liquefiedstars

Female
Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2008-07-15

PostSubject: well where are the kiwi's?   well where are the kiwi's? - Page 3 EmptyMon 27 Jul 2009, 12:46 pm

I thought, cool a sight for kiwis but there is nothing here. Am I the only one?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: well where are the kiwi's?   well where are the kiwi's? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

well where are the kiwi's?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3