Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
terryJ

Male
Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2016-01-20

What have I done, lol. Empty
PostSubject: Re: What have I done, lol.   What have I done, lol. EmptyFri 02 Sep 2016, 11:27 am

Thank you for your response. I appreciate your insight. I have thought of op shops so yes I will be giving them a workout, lol. My wife will be happy as she loves browsing through them, lol. It is a bit of an emotional roller coaster ride that is for sure. But I just keep reminding myself of all the health benefits especially as I have type 2 diabetes and a parastomal hernia that badly needs to be fixed and the excess weight is stopping that. So there are so many more positives than any possible negatives. Thanks agai.
Back to top Go down
krakow57
Part of the furniture
krakow57

Female
Number of posts : 361
Registration date : 2016-03-24

PostSubject: Re: What have I done, lol.   What have I done, lol. EmptyFri 02 Sep 2016, 6:49 am

Congratulations upon taking this big leap!
All these emotions are quite normal and to be expected.

Excitement on one hand, and anxiety/fear on the other.
The fear of the unknown .....

It is a big decision and a big step to take.
I had few surgeries in the past, and the sleeve was the only one that I was afraid of.
I had loads of anxiety pre op.
Then it was done, and I was fine.

For me the hardest part were the first 2 weeks, and then it was progressively getting better.
It soon will be 6 months post op for me.

I have lost 28kg and I want to drop another 10kg, or so.

As for spending money on clothes, think of all the savings you will be making on buying less food, less medical expenses etc.
I now spend a 1/3 of the money I used to pay for food.

And until you get to your goal weight, maybe you can visit some good quality op shops.

Anyway, good luck and best wishes for the 12th September!
Back to top Go down
terryJ

Male
Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2016-01-20

PostSubject: What have I done, lol.   What have I done, lol. EmptyThu 01 Sep 2016, 1:00 am

Well I have taken the leap. I am having my op on 12th Sept 2016. 2 days into the Opti-Fast diet and doing okay with that so far. Lot's of mixed emotions. Terror at the thought of this seemingly extreme step I am taking. Excitement at the thought of being skinny or close to it for the first time in my life (eventually anyway, lol) Pissed about all the money I am going to have to spend buying new clothes and lastly, doubt about whether I have made the right decision. I guess time will resolve all these emotions and I just need to concentrate on one day at a time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What have I done, lol.   What have I done, lol. Empty

Back to top Go down

What have I done, lol.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Pre-Op Page-
Jump to: