Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reviews on Dr Nigel Peck (Port Macquarie) and Dr Ken Wong (Gosford)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
slim jim

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2017-04-22

Reviews on Dr Nigel Peck (Port Macquarie) and Dr Ken Wong  (Gosford) Empty
PostSubject: New G/Sleeve - Dr. Nigel Peck    Reviews on Dr Nigel Peck (Port Macquarie) and Dr Ken Wong  (Gosford) EmptySat 22 Apr 2017, 11:10 am

For my life wrote:
Hi Julesy,
I am seeing Dr Ken Wong on 20/07/16, my GP speaks highly of him and I know of another local woman who sings his praises.
My PHI wait is up 18/09, so aiming as soon after that.
Am going to apply for early super for the gap and HCF will pay the rest along with the Medicare part. I don't know if he will operate with super only not being in that situation though I did consider it, it has been a long wait!!

The receptionist said I need to have the super bit approved and claimed and paid to book my date, and to have the HCF confirmation of cover. Will see how it goes on the 20th and let you know.

There is another Surgeon right near Dr Wong, Dr William Munro, a friend used him and can't recommend him more highly. His gap was a bit less too.

All the best and will post again following my appointment

S

Reviews on Dr Nigel Peck (Port Macquarie) and Dr Ken Wong  (Gosford) 63412 I had my sleeve done on the 11th April 2017 with Dr. Nigel Peck at the Private Hospital in Port Macquarie.  I cannot speak highly enough of him, his staff and the approach of this surgery.  For me I have type 2 diabetes and had a high BMI and in early 60s My sugar levels were gaining as was my weight.  Like most of us I had tried many diets and weight programs.  Some programs twice and still I just couldn't seem to  control my weight.  I spoke to a friend who was similar to me and then to my GP.  I also had a long conversation with Jodie the dietician re the sleeve and what it would mean.  It took several months of research, thinking and speaking with people before I made the decision to go ahead.  After the surgery I had little pain and was able to walk the following day  I kept to the strict intake of fluids (both before and after surgery) Some 4 wks later I have lost approx. 11kgs.  You need to be committed to the post operative plan for recovery and reintroducing non liquid food.  I have never felt so healthy and already have no need for any diabetic medication YEAH.  The goal is another 10-15 kgs as I am only short and being in the 60s I don't need to be that skinny.  My husband has been the biggest supporter and without him I would not have coped that easy.  He calls me "slim jim" nearly every day he compliments me for having the desire to keep to it and we have just gone through all my clothes and have begun to throw out the large size 20s.  I am thrilled with the results and have not had any issues.  Sticking with the regime is the best way to avoid some of the side issues.  However if there were to be any I would certainly seek help.  Maybe Im just a luck one.  After many trips to hospital for other things this has been the most welcome surgery with the best recovery I have ever had.  Dr. Peck you have turned my life around and I now look forward to having a more healthy future.  Thank you
Back to top Go down
For my life

Female
Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2016-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Reviews on Dr Nigel Peck (Port Macquarie) and Dr Ken Wong (Gosford)   Reviews on Dr Nigel Peck (Port Macquarie) and Dr Ken Wong  (Gosford) EmptyWed 29 Jun 2016, 2:19 pm

Hi Julesy,
I am seeing Dr Ken Wong on 20/07/16, my GP speaks highly of him and I know of another local woman who sings his praises.
My PHI wait is up 18/09, so aiming as soon after that.
Am going to apply for early super for the gap and HCF will pay the rest along with the Medicare part. I don't know if he will operate with super only not being in that situation though I did consider it, it has been a long wait!!

The receptionist said I need to have the super bit approved and claimed and paid to book my date, and to have the HCF confirmation of cover. Will see how it goes on the 20th and let you know.

There is another Surgeon right near Dr Wong, Dr William Munro, a friend used him and can't recommend him more highly. His gap was a bit less too.

All the best and will post again following my appointment

S
Back to top Go down
Julesy
Julesy

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2016-04-17

PostSubject: Reviews on Dr Nigel Peck (Port Macquarie) and Dr Ken Wong (Gosford)   Reviews on Dr Nigel Peck (Port Macquarie) and Dr Ken Wong  (Gosford) EmptyWed 04 May 2016, 7:37 am

Hi Everyone, 

I'm a Newbie here and would like feedback/Reviews on on Dr Nigel Peck from Port Macquarie and Dr Ken Wong from Gosford as they are the closest to me.
Also can you do early release of super with no PHI with these surgeons. I know some surgeons won't do surgery without it.

I am going to ring and ask for information. But wanted some honest reviews.

Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reviews on Dr Nigel Peck (Port Macquarie) and Dr Ken Wong (Gosford)   Reviews on Dr Nigel Peck (Port Macquarie) and Dr Ken Wong  (Gosford) Empty

Back to top Go down

Reviews on Dr Nigel Peck (Port Macquarie) and Dr Ken Wong (Gosford)
Page 1 of 1