AuthorMessage
krakow57
Part of the furniture
krakow57

Female
Number of posts : 361
Registration date : 2016-03-24

early post opp sleeve Empty
PostSubject: Re: early post opp sleeve   early post opp sleeve EmptyTue 19 Apr 2016, 4:10 am

early post opp sleeve 542174 early post opp sleeve 65317 early post opp sleeve 63412
Back to top Go down
biggie_titans
biggie_titans

Male
Number of posts : 2

PostSubject: Re: early post opp sleeve   early post opp sleeve EmptyTue 19 Apr 2016, 3:09 am

Cheers for the reply guys

Just hear so many stories about people only being able to take on table spoons of liquid and other things just wanted to make sure I wasn't the only one :)
Back to top Go down
krakow57
Part of the furniture
krakow57

Female
Number of posts : 361

PostSubject: Re: early post opp sleeve   early post opp sleeve EmptyTue 19 Apr 2016, 12:31 am

Hi Jacob,

I was sleeved by Dr. Jordaan also (8th March 2016)        :)

Isn't he wonderful ! And his team are awesome too !

For me, initially I had bit of pain in my oesophagus when drinking fluids. I had to sip.

It is fantastic that you had such quick post op recovery and got discharged after 2 days!

I can now gulp my water, or diluted juices.

When I was on liquids (back home), it seemed I was drinking a lot, as I was hungry lots.

No issues for me, except when I started drinking larger amounts of V8/tomato juice. This gave me bad acid reflux, even with adding runny yoghurt to them.

Congratulations on your successful surgery and quick recovery!
Back to top Go down
Groovy
Groovy

Female
Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2016-02-12

PostSubject: Re: early post opp sleeve   early post opp sleeve EmptyMon 18 Apr 2016, 11:13 pm

Welcome, Jacob.

I've never really had a problem with fluids, apart from pain early on and then it wasn't that bad. I was able to drink a litre over 45-60mins, no problems at about 4 weeks out. Once I started puree/soft food I noticed a LOT of restriction and had to slow down considerably.

Perhaps you don't have much swelling and are a quick healer? Good news for you, if so!
Back to top Go down
Box of Jewels
Part of the furniture
Box of Jewels

Female
Number of posts : 637
Registration date : 2015-01-14

PostSubject: Re: early post opp sleeve   early post opp sleeve EmptyMon 18 Apr 2016, 10:46 pm

From very early post op, I could down a 400ml optifast within half an hour, easily.  I think i had to forcibly stretch it that far.  I never had big issues with fluids, unless I took too big a mouthful or too many at once.  I have plenty of restriction still - and my surgeon said that fluid passes through quickly, and he doesn't believe it contributes to "stretching". 

So, yeah - it's ok to be able to get your fluids in without drama and you'll notice restriction once you start solid food. 
Just - don't ever turn to milkshakes and the like in the future, or you'll be back where you were!
Back to top Go down
biggie_titans
biggie_titans

Male
Number of posts : 2

PostSubject: early post opp sleeve   early post opp sleeve EmptyMon 18 Apr 2016, 1:46 pm

hey new to this page,

my name is Jacob

Finally had my sleeve 8/04/2016
starting weight 161kg
current weight 145kg

No complication with surgery (at new gold coast private hospital) 
Surgeon - Dr Jordaan
spent 2 days in hospital recovered extremely quickly had the x-ray test - pressure test
if anything worried how quickly i have recovered
currently on liquid diet with be finishing on friday 22/04

my question is I'm having no trouble getting down liquids at all apart from obviously skulling liquid I'm drinking about 3 litres a day of liquid. is this normal? this quick the only thing that slows it down is a opti-fast but doesn't effect me to drastically. surgeon isn't worried just seeing if anyone is/was having a similar experience?

cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: early post opp sleeve   early post opp sleeve Empty

Back to top Go down

early post opp sleeve
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: