3 posters
AuthorMessage
barbaragordon
barbaragordon

Female
Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2016-02-18

Medication at the Hospital Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medication at the Hospital   Medication at the Hospital EmptyThu 25 Feb 2016, 1:39 pm

That's good about being able to take your pills the day after. Thanks for sharing.
I'll definitely talk to my surgeon about it I was just wondering what happens "normally."

I was worried about having to skip my antidepressants and turning into oscar the grouch lol (those poor nurses)!!!
Back to top Go down
Groovy
Groovy

Female
Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2016-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Medication at the Hospital   Medication at the Hospital EmptyTue 23 Feb 2016, 11:26 pm

I took my blood pressure pill on the first post operative day, which the surgeon said was fine. Was given panadol through the drip until half way through the first day then switched to tablets. Your surgeon is the best person to decide, listen to them.
Back to top Go down
Box of Jewels
Part of the furniture
Box of Jewels

Female
Number of posts : 637
Registration date : 2015-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Medication at the Hospital   Medication at the Hospital EmptyTue 23 Feb 2016, 8:35 pm

Most pills are fine to start taking immediately post op.    Individual surgeons may have their own rules though.  

For me, I got panadol IV post op, and went home with liquid panadol/disolvable panadol.  Switched to tablets by about 5 days out though.  Was taking my blood pressure tablets on the first night of the op.
Back to top Go down
barbaragordon
barbaragordon

Female
Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2016-02-18

PostSubject: Medication at the Hospital   Medication at the Hospital EmptyTue 23 Feb 2016, 1:10 pm

Sorry if this question has been answered I did a bit of a search here but didn't really find an answer.

How does taking medication and surgery work? Especially this kind of surgery? 
I assume that there has to be some way for you to be given your meds. Is it through an IV or something because I know swallowing even crushed up pills right after surgery would be probably physically impossible, right?

Also what happens post-op if the pills you're taking shouldn't be crushed for whatever reason, then what do you do!? (I don't think that will be a problem for me thankfully, but I am wondering)

I'll ask the surgeon this when I see him but I am impatient lol.

Also sorry if this was the wrong section to ask this I don't know my way around here 100% yet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Medication at the Hospital   Medication at the Hospital Empty

Back to top Go down

Medication at the Hospital
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Pre-Op Page-
Jump to: