Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Vitamins

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Vitamins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vitamins   Vitamins EmptyWed 11 Nov 2015, 7:34 am

I just ended up buying the Nature's Way Womens' multi gummie ones - they were 1/2 price at Coles !!!!! I'll switch to others I have once I can swallow biggish pills !!! I am already taking a multi now, plus a dissolvable B12, and I know my clinic gives us a B12 shot at first appt post op. Have also bought a Caltrate D & calcium to take later (although my Vit D was good at last blood test - in August) Also, all our Vit D should rise over Summer !!!! :-)

Vitamins 21984
Back to top Go down
aussiearies
Part of the furniture
aussiearies

Female
Number of posts : 894
Registration date : 2014-03-20

Vitamins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vitamins   Vitamins EmptyWed 11 Nov 2015, 6:46 am

FTF I used Berroca for a while after the surgery as it was also a way to get more water in. I did water it down so that one tab was dissolved in at least 600mls. Then I switched to a regular multi, but I tend to change brands so I get a good variety.

I also take Vit D and C separately as well as Vit B12.
Back to top Go down
youngbelle

Female
Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2015-04-08

Vitamins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vitamins   Vitamins EmptyWed 11 Nov 2015, 2:29 am

Hey

I was recommended the bariatric ones, but i dont think that it is a necessity. As long as you're getting some in.

As for post liquid stage, again i think its up to you but having this surgery tends to leave you low in iron, B12 and calcium. I was recommended elevit for pregnancy as that has a higher iron content, with taking a B12 supplement as well, i have another condition so i didnt need to take calcium. But i would recommend if you surgeon doesnt go to your regular GP and get bloods done to see how you're going and if you're deficient in anything.

Best of luck
Back to top Go down

Vitamins Empty
PostSubject: Vitamins   Vitamins EmptyWed 11 Nov 2015, 1:55 am

I'm hoping someone can give me some advice re vitamins. I feel a little ill informed ! I've had ONE appointment with the dietitian - which was back in August, so it's kind of a blur - and i wasn't even guaranteed to be going ahead with the surgery at that stage . The clinic I'm going through does all the appointments close together and then nothing pre op, so I 'm unsure whether I can just get my own chewable multi vitamins (like a Chemist brand) for the liquid & pureed stage, or is it imperative that I take the Bariatric Nutrition /Nutri chew branded ones ? I presume once you're on solid food, you can take any one you choose. Any thoughts ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Vitamins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vitamins   Vitamins Empty

Back to top Go down

Vitamins
Page 1 of 1